SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkYakRC View Post
When will they say 'Here is the NEW UMX plane, and its perfect for 3D flying!'
They already did, and it was Seth Arnold's Extra 300 profile foamy. The new receiver on the Sbach may pave the way for full fuse 3D, as it will allow servo placement way back for good CG and crisp response. Let's hope so, anyway.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:26 PM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Well, the extra 300 is brushed with 1 cell. I need BL!
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:45 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkYakRC View Post
Well, the extra 300 is brushed with 1 cell. I need BL!
Why? If you have access to an indoor place, and you don't have the Extra 300 3D, you're simply crazy! In my book, it's the best UM to date bar none! (yes, I have them all, except the Mosquito) I zipppppped through winter with a HUGE smile on my face. I'm about 10 times better pilot than I was last fall. And has a bonus, HH dropped the price recently to $140.... Mine has teached 3 different pilots how to do hovering and other 3D moves. And it's still running on a brushed motor! Has a lot of scars, but still flying and doing all the moves.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:11 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
787 Posts
Real Gambler loves his extras! I'm thinking about getting one after he vouched for them and I looked into a weekly gym fly that I can start attending!
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Dec 2009
78 Posts
First, my wallet needs to get a restraining order against Parkzone; just too many planes I want.

The Sbach addresses the very few personal issues I had with the Sukhoi XP: hard-to-get-at motor, electronics, a little too small for me to learn some of the more difficult patterns. Now I'll have something to fly when I don't want to take one of my two XP's (my older XP was going on 120+ flights and is proof that CA glue and 3M tape fly).

The quality seems up a touch too; I like the real canopy, and think this is priced bang-on for a BNF plane with separate servos and decent scale detail.

So, can someone source a scale pilot that's light enough for this plane? It's the only thing that's missing and would go nice with the "finished" cockpit, which I hope is removable so I can put the pilot (or a mini-camera) inside.

Back to that restraining order: I still need a Radian Pro, the larger 300 outdoor, and the new indoor 300 ... and then a new radio when the 6Xi runs out of model memories. It never, ever ends, does it?
lornecherry is offline Find More Posts by lornecherry
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:22 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
i want to see the receiver. sounds interesting with 4 servos. is it a integrated rx/esc unit?
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:34 PM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
Hmmm now I need to decide whether to get a turnigy 9x with a spectrum module or get the much more expensive dx6i
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
you know after shipping the dx6i isn't that much more. especially since you can get it for around $100 or so on the classifieds here.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:02 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornecherry View Post

Back to that restraining order: I still need a Radian Pro, the larger 300 outdoor, and the new indoor 300 ... and then a new radio when the 6Xi runs out of model memories. It never, ever ends, does it?
Everything else in this phrase is awesome, but I might skip the big 300.
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:02 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,581 Posts
The 6i is great but not without faults.
The roller wheel breaks as do the trim tabs

Fairly common.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
All this talk about DX6i brings one question into my mind. Right now, the DX6i is DSMX. When will we see a 6400 version that will be DSMX??? (Not that I really care, I have a DX7, just curious)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:22 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
well dsmx is backwards compatible so it really doesn't matter too much.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:33 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
Real Gambler loves his extras! I'm thinking about getting one after he vouched for them and I looked into a weekly gym
fly that I can start attending!
Hey hey! I should get a cut from HH! Seriously though, I have almost all the UMs that HH made and I love them ALL. I still fly them all regularly. Recently, I went out, and flew my original Mustang (about 500flights), my original Sukhoi (didn't count the flights on this one) and my original 4-Site (though this one is too heavy now, so it's running on brushless). I had so much fun flying all those great planes, which all together likely had over 1000 flights.

But the reason I like the Extra so much is the fact that it does stand out of the crowd in my hangar. All my planes have a little something, but in the end of the day, I always do the same thing. Inverted, KEs, loops, rolls, and all the usual stuff. People who look at me go "wow".... But then, when I fly the Extra indoor, the same people will go "WOW. Yet, I'm flying with no stress at all, very relax and just having fun. KE just inches above the ground, hovering, torque roll, and sure enough all the usual stuff. But the point is, I look much better than I am when I fly it. I got much better since I fly it. And somehow, it's almost like flying a Vapor (which I love too!), it's relaxing! And sure enough, not having to deal with our canadian winters is a plus!

All that being said, I also love my Sukhoi XP. And somehow, I think the Sbach will be a Sukhoi on steroids, so guess what, it will most likely show up in my hangar as well. But that will be one more plane for outdoor.

P.S.: BTW, just coming back from flying my Beast (and my old Sukhoi). I have to say I got a lot of WOW factor tonight for the Beast, so maybe I'll change my mind later on. It was fun to land, and having people asking "what is it made of" and see their face when I told them FOAM! They had to touch!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Why? If you have access to an indoor place, and you don't have the Extra 300 3D, you're simply crazy! In my book, it's the best UM to date bar none! (yes, I have them all, except the Mosquito) I zipppppped through winter with a HUGE smile on my face. I'm about 10 times better pilot than I was last fall. And has a bonus, HH dropped the price recently to $140.... Mine has teached 3 different pilots how to do hovering and other 3D moves. And it's still running on a brushed motor! Has a lot of scars, but still flying and doing all the moves.
But I dont have access to an indoor place...
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:14 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
P.S.: BTW, just coming back from flying my Beast (and my old Sukhoi). I have to say I got a lot of WOW factor tonight for the Beast, so maybe I'll change my mind later on. It was fun to land, and having people asking "what is it made of" and see their face when I told them FOAM! They had to touch![/QUOTE]

RG,

Now that Spring has sprung; watch out for that Beast!

Little plane: Big performance!

I love to hand spectators my Beast or Sukhoi when they come over with questions.
"WOW, this thing is so light," every time.

Have you watched the Sbach flight segments with the volume turned up?
Such Sweet Music!!

rc

HorizonHobby.com New & Hot 4-14-11 (10 min 45 sec)
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member