2.75"
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:12 PM
We can trim it out
USA, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2010
90 Posts
uhmygawd i am very drooly for this plane. ill give it a month to stay clear of these said bugs. sounds dreamy . Thanks for the testing fellas i am impatiently awaiting to order one.
Chubbum is offline Find More Posts by Chubbum
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
well after checking all 6 that he got, three were bad and three were good. so the third time is the charm! really poor QC though.....but I'm happy now
Were the servos sticking on full throw? Sometimes I notice my micros have an issue with full throws sticking, like it is overthrowing or something. I wonder.

My sbach doesn't stick though
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:57 PM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
500 Posts
Would this Battery work in the S-Bach? Is there a way to modify it to work?? It sure woudl be great can not bet the Price

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9027
falconjet50 is offline Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:58 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
I crashed! Luckily in grass and not a scratch. The "L" in the rudder control connecting rod had popped through the horn giving full rudder deflection. It spun really fast! I guess I need to make the angles sharper or reduce the rudder throw, or?
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I crashed! Luckily in grass and not a scratch. The "L" in the rudder control connecting rod had popped through the horn giving full rudder deflection. It spun really fast! I guess I need to make the angles sharper or reduce the rudder throw, or?
That happens a lot on the um planes in a crash. Just pull it back through so it's where it needs to be. It'll be alright until you crash the same way again.

Got several more flights on mine tonight - it's one neat little bird. Went to high rates at 100% tonight and rolls are quick with the ailerons in the stock hole. Easy to roll or loop and end up where you want to be. Very predictable.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:14 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
So it's rainy out and looks like tomorrow I might have a chance in the morning, meanwhile I got bored and I really can't stand the excuse for wheelpants with the slab of depron and an Sbach doesnt look right without wheelpants so I made some out of contest grade balsa and this is what I came up with
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:24 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
That happens a lot on the um planes in a crash. Just pull it back through so it's where it needs to be. It'll be alright until you crash the same way again.

Got several more flights on mine tonight - it's one neat little bird. Went to high rates at 100% tonight and rolls are quick with the ailerons in the stock hole. Easy to roll or loop and end up where you want to be. Very predictable.
You mean I crashed because I messed up? It went into a rapid spin I couldn't get out of after using full rudder. I thought this popped out in the air. Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
So it's rainy out and looks like tomorrow I might have a chance in the morning, meanwhile I got bored and I really can't stand the excuse for wheelpants with the slab of depron and an Sbach doesnt look right without wheelpants so I made some out of contest grade balsa and this is what I came up with
Very cute. Want to make them for sale? Me wants...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:33 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Very cute. Want to make them for sale? Me wants...
I'd love to, but they took me 2 hours...I don't think I would want to charge more than 20 bucks and that doesn't really make it worth my while. Make some yourself! just take 6 layers of 1/16" really light balsa, trace the outline of the depron one the plane comes with and before you glue them together, hollow out the inside 4 and then glue the mounting screw plate thingy that comes on the stock pants the inside and you're in business
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:34 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,451 Posts
sorry to be off topic but! for those interested in all micros keep ya eyes open for a new release today, from info found by another guy on R/C groups

it's going to be an Ultra Micro Pole Cat F1 racer

this is a real one i found

cheers chuck

ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:55 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconjet50 View Post
Would this Battery work in the S-Bach? Is there a way to modify it to work?? It sure woudl be great can not bet the Price

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9027
The connector would have to be changed - but it still wouldn't work.

Look at the c-rating. It's only 15c, and Flightmax is known for overrating their packs. Look at the stock SBach pack. It's a 20c, and it's already overtaxed. Plus, that Flightmax is pig-heavy. A 2s Hyp 240 pack weighs less, and the thrust will be more than 30% higher than with a low-quality, high-resistance pack. A Hyp 180 weighs even less. Also, the high current demand of the SBach would severely overheat that pack. Flightmax claims 2.7A, and as I mentioned - they overrate their packs. Most likely, it would get too hot at 2A or less. It would likely fail in a short time, given that the Sback most likely draws more than 3A - and it could even start on fire. A foamie & a flaming LiPo is a bad combination.

High-performance planes need high-performance batteries. That's just the way it is. It is pointless to skimp on packs for planes such as the Beast & SBach. The cheapies are always cheap for a reason. And it's usually because they don't hold voltage under load very well. And loaded-voltage is the only thing that matters when it comes to battery performance. One doesn't buy a Porsche or Ferrari & then put 87 octane fuel in it. Using that Flightmax pack in the SBach would be like putting lantern fuel in the Ferrari.

If you can solder, build some Hyperion 2s packs (only $10 to build a Hyp 180 or 240 2s pack). Alternatively, see RCBabbel for some plug & play packs. The Hyperions can be charged @5c for 300-400 cycles with zero loss in performance. The Flightmax & other cheap, low-quality packs usually fade fast after 50 cycles or so - even if you pamper them.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Jun 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
2.75"
The SBach is so much faster than the Beast which comes stock with 3.0 and really shines with 4.3 and Hyperions. Is the 2.75 for vertical performance? Can it be less pitch AND faster than the Beast because the body is so sleek? Would a 3.0 or (gasp) the 4.3 with Hyperions liven it up even more or is that just too outside the operating envelope?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:11 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
sorry to be off topic but! for those interested in all micros keep ya eyes open for a new release today, from info found by another guy on R/C groups

it's going to be an Ultra Micro Pole Cat F1 racer

this is a real one i found

cheers chuck

What another umx micro?
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
What another umx micro?