HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
None of my rotary servos or aftermarket linear servos are nearly as fast or as precise as the HH linear servos...So, I put my v1 AS3X Sbach project up on the shelf until my HH linear servos arrive...Yes, they are more costly but this is one of the times you get what you pay for...Live and learn...And I'm pretty much one of the best at trying to find the least expensive route.....

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,693 Posts
I've got to say that every time I come home from flying and put my converted Sbach in the hanger I think to my self "that was the most awesome flying ever". I'm a big Sbach fan.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Hey everybody!!!---I was looking for some touch up paint for both my Sbach and Beast...I ran across this Acrylic paint at Hobby Lobby...It's Americana brand and the color is "Red Alert"..The cost is a paltry $1.07 with an extra 30% off through 10/13/12...

I tested this paint on some white paper and the color match to the Sbach is PERFECT!!!...(The camera shows that the colors are a tad off, but in person the color appears to be a dead perfect match)...The paint on the Beast appears to have a little darker red hue---So I purchased a bottle of "True Red" to mix with the "Red Alert" for the Beast...The "Red Alert" appears to be a color of red with a hint of a red/orange hue...

Here are the pics...

Kevin
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:31 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Hey everybody!!!---I was looking for some touch up paint for both my Sbach and Beast...I ran across this Acrylic paint at Hobby Lobby...It's Americana brand and the color is "Red Alert"..The cost is a paltry $1.07 with an extra 30% off through 10/13/12...

I tested this paint on some white paper and the color match to the Sbach is PERFECT!!!...(The camera shows that the colors are a tad off, but in person the color appears to be a dead perfect match)...The paint on the Beast appears to have a little darker red hue---So I purchased a bottle of "True Red" to mix with the "Red Alert" for the Beast...The "Red Alert" appears to be a color of red with a hint of a red/orange hue...

Here are the pics...

Kevin
Yo thanks! I go to hobbylobby weekly and will be picking that red up
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Yo thanks! I go to hobbylobby weekly and will be picking that red up
Here's another pic of the Acrylic "Red Alert" as used on my Sbach cowl...I painted the inside of the cowl right up next to the stock paint..Pretty much a near PERFECT MATCH!!!......I also touched up my Beast and it matches that paint as well...I'm very happy!!!......If you blend in the paint it's not noticeable at all...To be an absolute perfect match I need to add a little yellow to the red to make the red a reddish/orange...If you blow up my pic to the extreme full size you can see what I'm talking about...But a foot or two away you aren't going to notice the difference..

Kevin
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
What do you have for the Blue? I've used Prussian blue but its still not dark enough.

HH should sell touch up paint. They could sell a $.25 bottle of "Champ Yellow" for $5.00. Why they don't when they sell Tiny $1 parts for obscure planes no one buys....
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Blue? on the new as3x sbach?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
Blue? on the new as3x sbach?
No the Blue Black on the current one.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
.99 for arcylic black paint matches pretty well--especially if you paint a larger section and not small touch up--the black is not glossy enough---but dark enough. Black sharpie I don't think matches very well.

Hmm I don't see any blue in the black---but different eyes see different things.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
.99 for arcylic black paint matches pretty well--especially if you paint a larger section and not small touch up--the black is not glossy enough---but dark enough. Black sharpie I don't think matches very well.

Hmm I don't see any blue in the black---but different eyes see different things.
I'm with this guy...A Sharpie isn't nearly good enough...The Acrylic paint dries flat but matches very well...In the Americana line of paint at HobbyLobby I'm sure there is a color (or very close) close to the Champ colors...

I touched up my Beast tonight----The "Alert Red" matched VERY well with no mods on my Beast...

Kevin
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,762 Posts
Someone on the new Corsair thread actually took his plane to Lowes and they matched the paint color AND the gloss. It may be too heavy for one of the micro's - not sure, but seems like something worth trying!
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:41 AM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
OPEN for business... SFDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Your web site says you are closed?
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:47 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
My replacement wings came with no aileron horns...the pushrod set doesn't have them either. Where can I get them?

J
I just ordered an Sbach wing and same thing.. Just the wong, no pushrods or control horns

I told company I ordered from and they are sending new wing... I just want the control horns. hahaa.. Hopefully this one has them in with it.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:36 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
OPEN for business... SFDS
I'm sorry, LtCol, but your web site is killing me... I can't order a thing and I'm dying for a set of lights.

Bugle6, over
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I just ordered an Sbach wing and same thing.. Just the wong, no pushrods or control horns

I told company I ordered from and they are sending new wing... I just want the control horns. hahaa.. Hopefully this one has them in with it.
I ripped a control horn out of my Beast yesterday. Couldn't find them in any part sets. They are a separate item on the Horizon website. Part no. EFLA211
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike