HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:10 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,599 Posts
Man, you guys are R/C rockstars! I'm the wus who backs off much below 60 degrees.. But you got to do what you got to do!

For some reason Wholesale Trains decided to ship the extra servo that was preordered with the Sbach and charged $2 shipping/handling, strange.
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,969 Posts
They always charge $2.00 on every "free shipping." Always says something about NY state tax or whatever. Don't complain as you are getting a bargain, free shipping and no sales tax...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:53 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,599 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to complain, more wondered about the split shipment. I love their service and am a avid repeat customer!
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
Man, you guys are R/C rockstars! I'm the wus who backs off much below 60 degrees.. But you got to do what you got to do!
In Canada, if you wait for warm weather, you don't fly enough. Another reason why I like the new HH tendancy. Both the Beast and the Sbach have batteries inside the planes. I can fly in the cold, but it does help so much when the battery are not straight in the prop flow.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:57 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
damm im excited!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:13 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
just move to texas! i fly all year around! its great!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
just move to texas! i fly all year around! its great!
Hey, winter is great if you're not RCBabbel (kiding, kiding). We can fly in a hot air ballon for hours with just 20lbs of propane. We can use skis under our airplanes. Lakes suddenly become the greatest airfield for our EDFs (we can land anywhere, from any direction.... Talk about huge 360 degree runways!). We can run our ESCs at 100% of their rating, and they stay cold. I'm missing it already (NOT)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
RcBabbel has never felt the proper cold.. wet.. English weather. if he lived in the UK..I doubt he would fly much, except for the summer months if hes lucky !

where's I is a hardcore all weather rc-veteran... hence the turnigy glove.

Case Closed
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Tent that's it I need a full body tent... For keeping the mosquitoes off me when flying at the cottage.. Or maybe even a spacesuit so that I can be warm or cool and bug free for year round use..
lb,
aka:
Bubble Bob.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:03 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
819 Posts
haha

I'm about to move from Texas to Indiana, sadly I may be investing in one of these hilarious looking transmitter bivouac contraptions. I've been checking out these below, that turnigy one has got to go!

http://raydiowarm.com/new_mitts.htm
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:42 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Going OT again, but hey, nothing much to do until the Sbach is here. Until then, I can tell you that the cheap "glove" from HK is great with my DX7. You never notice it until you slap it in one of those TX gloves, but the DX7 does run warm a little bit. So the inside of the glove is really nice with that little bit of added heat. But I guess any type would do. The one from HK has rather large openings for the hands so some cold air does slip through. The one you're found seem to have longer sleeves, so most likely better.

BTW, hand launch are more interesting with those.... You have to launch the plane, then try to quickly insert your hand into the glove and find the throttle stick. Waaaay more challenging. Though, as I said, any frozen patch become a very nice airfield. Heck, even frozen snow with such a light plane as the Sbach is good.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
I'm about to move from Texas to Indiana, sadly I may be investing in one of these hilarious looking transmitter bivouac contraptions. I've been checking out these below, that turnigy one has got to go!

http://raydiowarm.com/new_mitts.htm
rep- Check out the Transmitt. It's made by reacher10, one of us RCG'ers. I've got one, and it's sweet. He may cut you a deal if he has any unclaimed ones. check out this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178615

MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
819 Posts
I didn't mean to diss the turnigy's functionality, it just has more of a huge blob look to it. I'm not going to get one of these until it gets cold in Indiana, so I've got the summer to fly at my new club I have yet to visit...

Check out this map!! It dominates where I've always flown, I can't wait to get up there!!!

http://www.monroecountyrc.org/club.html#airfield
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
RcBabbel has never felt the proper cold.. wet.. English weather. if he lived in the UK..I doubt he would fly much, except for the summer months if hes lucky !

where's I is a hardcore all weather rc-veteran... hence the turnigy glove.

Case Closed
Maybe you should visit Twin Falls in February before you dis his climate. Average low temp is 18 degrees farenheit in Jan. That's average. Plus, he's at 3600 ft above sea level. Heat fades away quickly in the thinner air. I'm not ranting, I'm just sayin'!
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:18 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
I didn't mean to diss the turnigy's functionality, it just has more of a huge blob look to it. I'm not going to get one of these until it gets cold in Indiana, so I've got the summer to fly at my new club I have yet to visit...

Check out this map!! It dominates where I've always flown, I can't wait to get up there!!!

http://www.monroecountyrc.org/club.html#airfield
Hey, don't fall in the usual trap... So many hobbyist will start complaining that they cannot find any batteries in North America for their planes. Sure enough, they wait until the beginning of the season to buy them, like 98% of the other hobbyist. Same thing happen with TX mits... People wait until the beginning of the winter to buy one, but find out everybody else did the same and the shelves are empty.