Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:30 AM
SURREY!!! UK
Joined Apr 2010
197 Posts
Thanks Kevin and turnerm yea I was going to be belly landing on grass.... I'm not good at all the repairs so not be doing that yet :P also, does anyone have any good KE mixes for the sbach with large SFGs. Cheers
Mr Bloppy is offline Find More Posts by Mr Bloppy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:05 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bloppy View Post
Thanks Kevin and turnerm yea I was going to be belly landing on grass.... I'm not good at all the repairs so not be doing that yet :P also, does anyone have any good KE mixes for the sbach with large SFGs. Cheers
I don't think any mixes are necessary. For me I just roll it over and apply rudder and it holds... unless I'm applying some opposite aileron without thinking about it.

I've never used mixes to be honest... I like to make my fingers do the mixing. So it could just be that I've gotten so used to it that I don't realize that I'm having to do anything other than use rudder control.

Without the large SFG's I definitely have to work a little harder but with them it should be easy as pie.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:57 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,809 Posts
Wayne,
How did your SBACH in the box fly out of the truck? Accident or sticky fingers on someones part???
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:04 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockshizzy View Post
Where'd you order from?
No, I was just kidding about the NanoTech... They are not the best.... I simply made one pack myself with two mCPx batteries to try it. I cannot say if they are any good or not until I test them fully, and with only one pack, that will take many weeks before I can make up my mind . They fit in both UMX planes, that's all I can say. Cost saving is not even great! (They cost $3.00 each with a buddy code, while a proven hyperion is only $3.95....) I kind of liked the size, and the fact that they are 300mah, that's why I built a pack. They are a pain to solder too (if you think an Hyperion is hard to solder, then try a NanoTech! ). So not sure yet they are worth the trouble.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:12 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
No, I was just kidding about the NanoTech... They are not the best.... I simply made one pack myself with two mCPx batteries to try it. I cannot say if they are any good or not until I test them fully, and with only one pack, that will take many weeks before I can make up my mind . They fit in both UMX planes, that's all I can say. Cost saving is not even great! (They cost $3.00 each with a buddy code, while a proven hyperion is only $3.95....) I kind of liked the size, and the fact that they are 300mah, that's why I built a pack. They are a pain to solder too (if you think an Hyperion is hard to solder, then try a NanoTech! ). So not sure yet they are worth the trouble.
Sounds heavy too. Weight?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Sounds heavy too. Weight?
15.9gr. (0.56oz I think), so not that bad for a 300mah pack. I used 22awg wires as usual for my packs, so they could be a bit lighter with smaller typical wires.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:31 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
Hi all..

Rain is gone and so I was in the field checked the GWS 5030 prop. Very nice...runs like hell and fits perfekt !
Also checked the 130mAh mylipo Packs in the SBach...enough für almost 5min intermediate power with short full power steps.

The benefit is the light weight of this 130mAh/ 25C Pack-with fresh charged pack you have lot of fun in the first 2min and I 'm impressed how obviously you can see and feel the difference again between 130 and 180mAh Packs.

Maybe 4-5 gramm difference...what a weight and a result in flight !

Some guys use 300mAh Packs ?... what's the weight of them ?
edit..see above: 15,9 Gramm !
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:33 PM
SURREY!!! UK
Joined Apr 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I don't think any mixes are necessary. For me I just roll it over and apply rudder and it holds... unless I'm applying some opposite aileron without thinking about it.

I've never used mixes to be honest... I like to make my fingers do the mixing. So it could just be that I've gotten so used to it that I don't realize that I'm having to do anything other than use rudder control.

Without the large SFG's I definitely have to work a little harder but with them it should be easy as pie.
Okay cheers I can hold a KE once I get into it, but that often takes 2 trys
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:41 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,053 Posts
I tried a couple of the MiniAviation 2s 210mAh packs and they are quite a bit better than the stovk battery. I'm waiting on connectors to try my ThunderPower 2s 250mAh packs.
mahbouni is online now Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Well not a good day for my sbach, her 40th flight , was doing some inverted flight by a tree and lost it, ended up in the tree no damage , but after i knocked it out of tree noise dive on to street cracked fluse but fixed it ,
landing gear stuck in the tree, need new noise cone and gear.
Stay away from trees lol
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
Well not a good day for my sbach, her 40th flight , was doing some inverted flight by a tree and lost it, ended up in the tree no damage , but after i knocked it out of tree noise dive on to street cracked fluse but fixed it ,
landing gear stuck in the tree, need new noise cone and gear.
Stay away from trees lol
I second that "stay away from trees" bit. You're lucky the tree was kind enough to give your SBach back. I'm surrounded by trees.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Okay cheers I can hold a KE once I get into it, but that often takes 2 trys
Your center of gravity might be off. For my plane, I put the battery all the way back in the tray.

With the large SFG's on I barely have to use any rudder... Just a tap. Withiught them it takes a good bit more rudder.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:22 PM
SURREY!!! UK
Joined Apr 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Your center of gravity might be off. For my plane, I put the battery all the way back in the tray.

With the large SFG's on I barely have to use any rudder... Just a tap. Withiught them it takes a good bit more rudder.
really?? I'll give that a go tomorow. I did the cg as per the manual and now kibdv of remember were it goes :S so you think I should move it back?? The battery now sits about 1 CM back from the foam moter housing bit
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,861 Posts
Another satisfied 5043 convert here. Use them exclusively on my Beast. But just had luke warm reviews here for the Sbach with the exception of Kevin. Thanks, Kevin! It rips! I take off in a foot or 2, haul the stick back and it accelerated STRAIGHT UP! Though it does need a Hyperions to do that I think.
Last edited by erkq; Jul 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
really?? I'll give that a go tomorow. I did the cg as per the manual and now kibdv of remember were it goes :S so you think I should move it back?? The battery now sits about 1 CM back from the foam moter housing bit
Worked for me and my plane balanced to the published CG with the battery near the center of the tray. Give it a shot and see how it works. Let me know!