SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
Kyle
Barrie
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Or, if you're lazy like I am you can buy these harnesses from RC-Connectors.com

Nice, what charger do you have, can you link me to it on a site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickimde View Post
Does anyone "brake-in" batteries and motors (light loads, let bats and motors cool down and run at different throttle settings for at least 3 battery packs). I use to do this on my electric racing trucks and motors and batteries lasted longer, put out more power, and would take charges better. Mostly brushed motors so Im not sure if this works on brushless.

Nick

I break in anything that is referred to as a motor, my dad beat that into my head haha.



Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
This is what I got for my TP charger: http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=263

He'll make 'em up for 3 batts in parallel too.

Sweet thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I am north of you; about an hour or so.

Would be fun to fly though; the guys at ideal hobbies fly just outside of the city. I buy most of my planes/helis there.

Andy and Dave are great guys.

Andy's sweet. Don't like when he's not in lol






Here's a blurry picture of my successful "nose-heavy" fix.
Mockshizzy is offline Find More Posts by Mockshizzy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockshizzy View Post
Nice, what charger do you have, can you link me to it on a site?




I break in anything that is referred to as a motor, my dad beat that into my head haha.






Sweet thanks!






Andy's sweet. Don't like when he's not in lol






Here's a blurry picture of my successful "nose-heavy" fix.
Wow your nose has seen some abuse lol
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:04 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockshizzy View Post
Nice, what charger do you have, can you link me to it on a site?
I have a Thunderpower 610C, that is 10 amp total, up to 6S. http://www.amazon.com/TP610C-1-6Cell.../dp/B0012P0HNM

But I'm thinking I should have gotten something like THIS one. You can charge more stuff at once... always good! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Charger_.html
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:08 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I have a Thunderpower 610C, that is 10 amp total, up to 6S. http://www.amazon.com/TP610C-1-6Cell.../dp/B0012P0HNM

But I'm thinking I should have gotten something like THIS one. You can charge more stuff at once... always good! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Charger_.html
I bought an EC06 charger from HK $18.99, not bad works fine ever since. Displays voltage and charging current and how much battery is left or charged. Works well, has a noisy fan, that's all I can complain about. I reccomend it . Cheap quality charger, comes with a bunch of cables, but you will need a ppower supply.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:13 PM
Kyle
Barrie
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Wow your nose has seen some abuse lol
haha, second flight I had a radio failure and I lost everything about 200 feet up, dove STRAIGHT down onto my neighbors roof.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...ttach&u=216499
Mockshizzy is offline Find More Posts by Mockshizzy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:16 PM
Kyle
Barrie
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
So I was flying my Sbach in some wind today and got really upset when I had to pack in early. "Wish it was a little bigger"... missing my Typhoon 2 3d lol

Then I found this guy!
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFL10080

Anyone flown the Yak 54 BNF from eflight? Anyone own it? Love to see if there's any comparison whatsoever to this Sbach.
Mockshizzy is offline Find More Posts by Mockshizzy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:41 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockshizzy View Post
haha, second flight I had a radio failure and I lost everything about 200 feet up, dove STRAIGHT down onto my neighbors roof.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...ttach&u=216499
That sucks dude. My second flight had failure but I had pieces to pick up....wait...kind of like yours! lol
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:43 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockshizzy View Post
So I was flying my Sbach in some wind today and got really upset when I had to pack in early. "Wish it was a little bigger"... missing my Typhoon 2 3d lol

Then I found this guy!
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFL10080

Anyone flown the Yak 54 BNF from eflight? Anyone own it? Love to see if there's any comparison whatsoever to this Sbach.
Danmit lol One wing panel for almost $20 bucks! ouchee
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:07 PM
Registered User
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Joined Oct 2006
131 Posts
Well my Sbach arrived early this week

Managed to get a handful of packs through it on Tuesday. Compared to the beast it is quick but still flies "big" like the beast. its an absolute blast!

Interestingly, mine balances perfectly with the pack (hyp 180's and 240's) in the middle of the tray, doesn't tuck or pull under power, only required one click of up trim and only needs a slight hint of down elevator inverted. Id say that is well balanced!

Landings are very similar to the beast, glide it in under a bit of power and flare as the ground comes up to meet it. Actually it is a real treat to shoot touch and goes with.

I still enjoy my beast very much and will likely fly them both equally. the beast has better slow flight characteristics, the Sbach is the speed demon.

Just wish this wind would disappear
doil is offline Find More Posts by doil
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
Kyle
Barrie
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Danmit lol One wing panel for almost $20 bucks! ouchee
Didn't even think to look at replacement parts...

Don't think I'd crash her though...
Mockshizzy is offline Find More Posts by Mockshizzy
Last edited by Mockshizzy; Jul 20, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Danmit lol One wing panel for almost $20 bucks! ouchee
But it comes with complete wing, you don't need any more.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doil View Post
Well my Sbach arrived early this week

Managed to get a handful of packs through it on Tuesday. Compared to the beast it is quick but still flies "big" like the beast. its an absolute blast!

Interestingly, mine balances perfectly with the pack (hyp 180's and 240's) in the middle of the tray, doesn't tuck or pull under power, only required one click of up trim and only needs a slight hint of down elevator inverted. Id say that is well balanced!

Landings are very similar to the beast, glide it in under a bit of power and flare as the ground comes up to meet it. Actually it is a real treat to shoot touch and goes with.

I still enjoy my beast very much and will likely fly them both equally. the beast has better slow flight characteristics, the Sbach is the speed demon.

Just wish this wind would disappear
Exactly like the one i flew, it was near on perfect in every area and flew really well straight out of the box

on a bad note, i ordered mine at last and now have to wait 2 weeks for the next shipment as they sold out DOHHHHHH! hahaha oh well lucky i have a PZ RAF SE-5a to play with (Vids are up )

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
E-Flite batteries can only be charged at 1C, so only way to speed up the charging process is to make your own parallel cable so you can use any typical lipo charger and charge more than one battery at once.

Something like that:
Anyone selling somthing like this?
kola is offline Find More Posts by kola
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:38 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,049 Posts
Yeah I usually deal with Andy

Dave is always good for stories as well lol
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
Registered User
miknoypinoy's Avatar
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
hey all. I'm planning to get a paraboard for my sbach batteries. I have a Hyperion eos 720i ac/dc. could I cut off the 6s connector that comes with it and put a 7s connector on it to plug into the balance port. I realize one terminal will be empty. left side if looking from the top. theoretically I think it should work as the two cells will still have three wires connected to it. thanks for any info.



mike g.
miknoypinoy is offline Find More Posts by miknoypinoy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW!!! E-Flite UMX Extra 300 3D BNF!!!!! DFflyer 3D Foamies 748 Mar 01, 2013 07:12 AM
Discussion Sbach 342 Full fuse Free Plans bbjsw10 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 142 Apr 07, 2012 02:48 PM
Yippee! e-foamy sbach 342 maiden larsy87 3D Foamies 26 Nov 01, 2010 10:25 PM