SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:52 PM
Joined Feb 2004
23 Posts
Discussion
BEST RC Flight Sim??

I have seen many new updates on RC Flight Sims out there and wondering what one is the most realistic to the real thing with helos and planes?? At a RC Helo show, many raved about Phoenix V3. I have tried Realflight G5.5 and it looked good, but seemed to take alot of PC horsepower to run. I also see Aerofly 5 in magazines all the time.

What is the best in your mind?? Also one that takes less HP from a computer??
tcrloan is offline Find More Posts by tcrloan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:10 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Do you want the best sim, or a sim that doesn't take alot to run it? Two different answers there, really. If you want realism, you'll need the resources to run it. RF does have alot of user configurable settings that you can tone down so that the graphics look like any other cheaper sim. But the flight engine in RF is unsurpassed.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:25 AM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,829 Posts
"Best" is subjective, and depends on what the user is lookin for. Physics accuracy? Photo-realism? Efects? Choice of aircraft? Type of aircraft? And so on.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:55 PM
USA, Mt, Missoula
Joined Nov 2009
105 Posts
I am a huge fan of Phoenix V3. The physics are great AND they offer FREE updates and downloads of all their new models. Real Flight makes you pay for updates and new models.

I bought Phoenix back when it was version 1.5, it has made HUGE improvements and I didn't have to pay for any of them!

They offer a demo, which is nice, you might want to check that out too!
forestc is offline Find More Posts by forestc
Old Apr 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
RealFlight does not make you pay for updates within the main version. And all three half versions have each been released for free, each including more stock aircraft. Plus there are thousands of user created models available for free. If you can't find a plane you want, you can make it yourself.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
USA, Mt, Missoula
Joined Nov 2009
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
RealFlight does not make you pay for updates within the main version. And all three half versions have each been released for free, each including more stock aircraft. Plus there are thousands of user created models available for free. If you can't find a plane you want, you can make it yourself.
True, but Phoenix lets you update full versions for free!

Don't get me wrong, I have used both, and RealFlight is great too.
forestc is offline Find More Posts by forestc