HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:09 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,885 Posts
Got it! You fitted the elevators upside down!
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Mav - You got the whole horizontal stabilizer on upside down? OK, looks like Ben got it. And the prize is ...............

Doesn't look upside down, but I don't have mine yet so I can't tell which way the graphics are supposed to go.

Doc - So, the whole top of the fuse between the canopy and the cowl has been cut off, secures with small dowels into the front, and secures at the rear with the wire push-in thingies. Have I got it right? I don't know what golden rod is, and that part I'm not visualizing very well. If the battery is indeed such a PITA to insert, I may well do that too! Thanks!

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:26 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
DING,DING,DING !!!!....... BINGO

I replaced the elevator hinges and accidentally put it on upside down.
Not the whole horizontal stabilizer dkrhardy, just the control surface for the elevator.You can tell by the graphics,black and white checkers on top and only black checkers on the bottom......
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,885 Posts
Next puzzle please..........
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Ok two quick ones for fun.........

Whats wrong with theses pictures!!

Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
1st pic ... someone, a dummy I hope, HANGING in the background.

2nd pic .... has the girl on the right, uhm, well her T-shirt makes it look like the center girl's "lefty" is getting bitten!

Fun, but DOC, where are you? Wanting/needing a bit of info on that hatch. I am a mech challenged guy so I have trouble "figuring" things out with basic info. Most can do it, not me.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Well done dkrhardy!

Here is part 1 of my build and review of the MX2

MX2 from hobbyking EPO build & review Part 1 (9 min 38 sec)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
Deutschland, NDS, Oldenburg (Oldenburg)
Joined Aug 2011
572 Posts
nice video, a lot of information and insights. waiting for the next part(s).
Snoggle is offline Find More Posts by Snoggle
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:35 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts

Part 2

MX2 from HobbyKing EPO build and review Part 2 (13 min 47 sec)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts

And here is the maiden flight video.....

MX2 maiden flight EPO from HobbyKing (5 min 25 sec)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:51 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post

And here is the maiden flight video.....

http://youtu.be/mGRPkdpI3U4
Just watched your vids, great job on the review/builds! So it doesn't seem to track and steer too bad without the rear wheel? Im looking at taking mine off and doing the same, but don't want to sacrifice steering too much. Although with the weak ballpoint pen springs, the steering is very loose on mine!
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:56 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
It tracks pretty good on the pavement, sammyc, as you can see in the video.You just need a little air flow over the rudder thats all.Its a lot better in the grass.

I added a little piece of plastic on the tail wire so its not so noisy scraping along the pavement now
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:44 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
It tracks pretty good on the pavement, sammyc, as you can see in the video.You just need a little air flow over the rudder thats all.Its a lot better in the grass.

I added a little piece of plastic on the tail wire so its not so noisy scraping along the pavement now
Wicked, Ill give it a go
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Mav - thanks for the videos! I have them down in the tray to watch in a few minutes, but I wanted to be sure to say thanks. I sometimes get busy doing something and forget to do some important things! Old guy here.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:38 AM
Annapolis, Maryland, USA
Joined Mar 2005
175 Posts
Hey MAV -- thanks for your excellent videos putting the bird together, testing the servos, etc. VERY thorough and thoughtful. I was going to pull the case apart on the elevator servo like you did, but just went ahead and swapped it out for a Turnigy metal gear unit that I DO trust -- but if I had've seen your video first, I would not have changed.

Nice flying on your maidens, too. You did land a little hot -- which is great when you're handling the sticks as smoothly as you were -- but I have found (at least with my COG set the way it is) that I could slow down a good bit more on final. As you point out, she does want to float a bit. Not suggesting that you NEED to slow down, being the good pilot you are. Just saying, if you WANTED to slow down a bit, I don't think she'll drop out in a nasty way.

I only have two, pretty basic "get the trim right" flights so far -- handling about like what I saw in your video. I do want to mention that I set up for flapperons. Next landing, I plan to try about 10 degrees down flapperon -- with a bit of power on -- to see if I can slow down even more, with good control. (My paved runway area is kinda short, and I'm trying to stop the bird before she runs off into a gravel area.) If I can't hold my landings a bit shorter on my paved landing area, I might end up pulling off the wheel pants and landing in grass -- I have plenty of runoff area in grass. Might try some larger wheels if I do the regular grass landing thing. I'm guessing the stock wheels are around 2.5" (65 mm?) and I think maybe some very light 3" (77 mm?) wheels would make grass running easy. I have had good luck from the super light Dave Brown wheels, like these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXB927&P=7
These wheels cost more than stuff available at HK, but they are very high quality, and allow landing with less bounce.

In your maidens, it looked like you were trying an initial bit of knife edge ... I didn't think this bird would do that very well, since my rudder doesn't have a very extreme rate of travel. But you seemed to be holding that line pretty well. Couldn't be sure; the model was was a bit far away and moving pretty fast in the video. Any thoughts on knife edge with this bird?

I had hoped to try knife edge in some flights today, but the breeze has come in kinda strong here today. Weather forcast for decent warmth and calmer breeze suggests my next MX flight will be Tuestday morning. Maybe I'll try to return the favor with video.
Waterbird is offline Find More Posts by Waterbird