HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokgeok View Post
Anyone knows if the stock servos are digital ?
I try to setup the gyro (spartan quark) and I get a lot of noise.
Also I'm not really sure how to enable the gyro gain since my tx (JR 11x) don't give me GYRO SENS option because I select ACRO mode.
I use the Travel Adj. but I really don't like it because I can use only on position 1 value 0 to +150 and position 2 value 0 to -150
How am I going to switch off and on the gyro ?

No idea about the servos I'm afraid; I know the larger two are rubbish; both mine stripped on the bench! I think they only have half gears in them. I have replaced them Hitec HS81s.

For the gyro, I think you may end up needing to use a rate mode gyro with the gain adjustment on the gyro, rather than through the Tx. Something like the Futaba GY192....or a cheaper piezo gyro if you prefer!

I was in a similar situation with a scale fuse heli I had, with retracts. With only a 6 channel Tx, the only channel I could free up for the retracts was the gain channel....so I put a GY192 in and that solved the problem of gain control and let me use my retracts.
Luke Warmwater is offline Find More Posts by Luke Warmwater
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 07:41 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Just out of interest, I see Hobby King are now stocking this!
Old May 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Just out of interest, I see Hobby King are now stocking this!
OMG... les than $120, I bought it the twice
Spouny is offline Find More Posts by Spouny
Old May 14, 2011, 09:48 AM
Joined Sep 2010
11 Posts
I got today a new prop 14x7 and a new 50mm spinner from protech but I found out that it's not the right ones for the shaft.
How do you guys fit a new double blade prop?
Did you cut the shaft and use a prop adapter?

Spouny any photos or links for the proper accessories ? since you
already test a 14x7
geokgeok is offline Find More Posts by geokgeok
Old May 14, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
For my tests I have mounted the 14x7 prop with the stock system, without putting the cone (using many spacers as the 14x7 is less thick).
I have ordered this spinner but I don't know yet if it will fit because it have just been sent today from HK.
Old May 14, 2011, 04:14 PM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
I have just ended the assembly of another plane (HK Extra 260) and I wanted to begin the assembly of this one, by unpacking my wings I had a very unpleasant surprise, OMG this plane will never fly like that !!!

Yes... I have 2 right wings....
Old May 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
You could just knife edge like a mofo.
bigwood212 is offline Find More Posts by bigwood212
Old May 15, 2011, 08:16 AM
USA, Ellensburg, Central Washington State
Joined Jul 2003
110 Posts
When we fired up the aileron servos for the first
time they both went up in SMOKE and TOOK OUT the receiver....

They assembled the plane when the paint WAS NOT DRY and it took hours
to get the hatch and cowling off to plug in the moter that WAS NOT pluged in

We were building at a BIG BIRD in Zillah WA when it was windy and all of us have
had $174 worth of laughter with this thing... Have named it the "POS"

Bets have ben made if it will make 5 flights
Walt and Sage is offline Find More Posts by Walt and Sage
Last edited by Walt and Sage; May 15, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spouny View Post
Yes... I have 2 right wings....
I DONT BELIEVE THIS!!!!
all the preparation the tests with the motor and trying to find the right prop and finally realize that your plane is a BRAND NEW DESIGN with 2 right wings . I believe that the first thing you have to check next time is that you have 1 left and 1 right wing and then make all the measurements!

Sorry I'm just messing with you but I cannot stop laughing.

Let's get back to the MX2 (the ones with the right wings )
I made 3 flights (2 of them today) and one of them with the 14x7 prop.
Except that the prop makes a little more noise I could not feel the extra torque.

Let's hope Spouny can confirm this, after the store replace the wing.

Please keep us informed
geokgeok is offline Find More Posts by geokgeok
Old May 15, 2011, 06:08 PM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
My left wing will be shipped this week, and I have to return a wing to another customer wich is waiting for his right wing...
Old May 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
Joined Jul 2003
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spouny View Post
My left wing will be shipped this week, and I have to return a wing to another customer wich is waiting for his right wing...
My flying buddies in Zillah are going to LOVE this one...
Old May 17, 2011, 07:53 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,500 Posts
While this plane looks great, it seems that for something that is truly 3D capable out of the box, spending another $150 for the Eflite Carbon-Z, isn't such a bad idea, assuming that someone has an extra $150 lying around. Too bad too, because the MX2 looks really cool.
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old May 17, 2011, 09:03 AM
Joined Jul 2003
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
While this plane looks great, it seems that for something that is truly 3D capable out of the box, spending another $150 for the Eflite Carbon-Z, isn't such a bad idea, assuming that someone has an extra $150 lying around. Too bad too, because the MX2 looks really cool.
So much paint has flaked off of mine that it looks like it has had at least
FOUR crashes !!!!! ...

One of the BEST 3D E planes I have owned and flown is years
is the ADDICTION X
You might take a look at it...
Old May 17, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Wait until you have had 4 crashes like me...then see how it looks!

I'm no expert rc pilot, but I am having a mare setting this one up. First flight was squirrely, but I put that down to the wind and she touched down OK. As you know, the next flight ended up with a sudden arrival at the scene of the accident.

Once repaired, I took her out again. I crash landed her 3 times and then gave my Tx to a (more experienced) friend to try (he flies the ST MX-2). He crashed her on landing as well....worse than I did.

To be honest, I was relieved that it was the plane's setup and not me as a pilot!

Still she is waiting on the final setting of epoxy, she has had the thrust angle reset down and right, I have sealed the airleron joints and under advice echoed on here, I am putting a little up trim in both elevators:- only a degree or so, but I'm told it may help a bit.

I've held off on the mixing for the moment...for the simple reason that I don't really know what I would be doing and I could just make things worse....

Now it is a case of waiting on the weather. Nearly 4 weeks now of wind in the UK....
Maybe....just maybe....I'll get a glide test out of her tonight....
Last edited by Luke Warmwater; May 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:46 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
611 Posts
I just got mine in yesterday. Had her together in about 2-3 hours. The instructions were very difficult to follow, especially with the pictures they give you being thumbnail sized. Luckily though, everything went together pretty easily. I'm not much of the experienced builder but once you laid all the parts out it was pretty obvious what went where. The build quality seems ok, but I'd give it the 10ft rule. Any closer than 10ft and you can tell it's a china-type plane. No clue what the servos are, but the elevator and aileron servos seem ok for now. The rudder servo is really slow & seems like it's struggling. Also, the left aileron was warped a bit, but that can be fixed. What can you expect for such a low price though? The hinges on the control surfaces really don't seem to allow for much throw, but I still don't have everything maxed out yet, so I'll see how it flies some more and comment on that later.

Takeoff was really smooth and easy. It lifted right off the ground. It flew around great. Only took a few little trim adjustments to fly straight. It's VERY quiet too, I could barely hear it. I didn't try any real 3D stuff on the first flight, but it rolls really nicely, flies inverted nice and easy, has plenty of power to get around and climb it seems. Tried one tumble and it was very smooth and scale looking. The wings seemed like they wanted to flex a bit during some dives so I didn't push it too hard and try blenders or any real high g maneuvers yet, but I have a feeling it will do fine. Landing her was a breeze too, it seemed like she wanted to float down really nice. Stiff landing gear too, she didn't want to bounce hardly at all.

After one flight last night, it was getting too dark to try again unfortunately, but if the rain clears up by this afternoon I'll run a few more packs through her and really test her out. I'd have to say my initial impressions weren't all that great after un-boxing and building, but that all kinda changed once she flew. I truly can't wait to put her up again. If I can, I'll try to get some video for you guys.
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk