HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2011, 05:20 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,974 Posts
It's a very interesting video, but you appear to have a lot of vibration going on, has the prop and spinner been balanced? If not, the airframe and motor could soon start fatiguing with the possibility of a component failure.
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:51 PM
jdn
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Source for replacement MX2 landing gear?

The stock landing gear on this plane behave just as I like -- they absorb the energy from rough landings. But they *stay* bent until I bend them back. This is not a problem, but I suspect that after a few more cycles of this, the fatigued metal may break.

Banana Hobbies and HobbyKing have replacement canopies, cowls, etc, but no landing gear.

Anyone know where I can buy some?
jdn is offline Find More Posts by jdn
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:42 AM
Suomi, Espoo
Joined Sep 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
It's a very interesting video, but you appear to have a lot of vibration going on, has the prop and spinner been balanced? If not, the airframe and motor could soon start fatiguing with the possibility of a component failure.
You are right. I am waiting for a new motor shaft at the moment. I have a slight vibration, and fly only "test flights" like these.
Jstjern is offline Find More Posts by Jstjern
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:31 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstjern View Post
Hi,
I experimented with putting a camera inside the canopy logging the EagleTree display values inflight. (Two flights in the video, first one GPS was disconnected by mistake.) Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeiblLapgKQ

Ha! I love the video. Very cool inside the canopy. I like the sound cause no wind noise.

Your landings are a bit up and down. You should try low rates maybe.
bigwood212 is offline Find More Posts by bigwood212
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:33 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdn View Post
The stock landing gear on this plane behave just as I like -- they absorb the energy from rough landings. But they *stay* bent until I bend them back. This is not a problem, but I suspect that after a few more cycles of this, the fatigued metal may break.

Banana Hobbies and HobbyKing have replacement canopies, cowls, etc, but no landing gear.

Anyone know where I can buy some?
I agree. I have smashed this plane into the ground and the landing gear takes all the impact. I've bent them back a few times now and they dont seem to be fatigued though. Im a fan of metal landing gear. All my carbon gears will snap eventually.
bigwood212 is offline Find More Posts by bigwood212
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
can aney of yall please help me I have had my mx2 for about 2 months and so want to fly it but I am to afraid to fly my mx2 for fear of crashing it mainley because I am new to the sport and because I am on disability and cant aford to replace it so I am wondering if anyone knows were I might be able to find a set of free 3d balsa plans that I could build another plane with not nesaseary the mx2 just a 3d plane as I have an ubundence of balsa wood somthing I could transfer my mx2 motor and esc into so that if I do crash I could have a backup plane thanks all
elijah4 is offline Find More Posts by elijah4
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:34 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,786 Posts
I would say buy a sim rather than another plane. Then you can crash 100's of times and not spend a penny. I flew pretty mc only on my sim, had a parkjet (not a trainer plane) as a first and managed to fly it no issues. ut make sure you turn wind up etc to make it as hard forourself as possible, fly every plane possible and be able to land each plane 100% every time, then you'll be ready for the MX2 and be able to take it out without worry. You will be nervous, heck, everyone is when they maiden a plane, but it will all go ok!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:01 AM
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Thanks for the advice but the reason I am wanting free plans is because I have no money to spend a sim. would coust me around $30 witch I just cant rase with my present situation I have lots of balsa in my work shop from when I was building boats and truthfully I rely would like the chalenge of building my own 3d plane from just a set of plans but you have good advice and I would like to do just that but just not going to work out for me in my money crunching situation but thanks
Old Dec 10, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3,786 Posts
Even so, the cost of decent electronics to stick in it would put you over the cost of a sim. When i was at school and not working, i tried to go the cheap route, and honestly it's just a waste of money. If you really want to build a plane from plans, then go a search for the Katana. I downloaded some free plans somewhere for it, much like the MX2
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
I have all the electronics landing guar props servows everything I need out side of plans to build one with and I am a fairley good builder the onley thing I would need to get would be mano coat to cover it with . The Katana cool I will try that thanks
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
no luck finding the Katana if you could rember wear you found it that would be greate but if not thanks for trying
Last edited by elijah4; Dec 10, 2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,786 Posts
Sorry, meant Kx2, check here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034485
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:00 AM
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
cool I got the plans thank you have you flown this plane is it as good as it says it is?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:49 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3,786 Posts
I haven't flown the plane no, you can only trust what other people on the thread are saying
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:12 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
elijah

you can download some free rc sim programs. Try rcdeskpilot.com

Of course, it's not as good as the commercial ones, but it's FREE! And it's actually pretty good.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm