MX2 going 3D video:

Hobby King MX2 EPO (3 min 34 sec)
Abib is offline Find More Posts by Abib
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
Amsterdam
Joined Nov 2006
155 Posts
Thanks to all in this thread for giving all the great info. Just ordered one, for fun summer flying and brushing up my skills :-) Will take a while before it arrives though...
rcbrother is offline Find More Posts by rcbrother
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:09 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
rcbrother....please post some pics and your thoughts once you get your plane and once you have had a chance to maiden as I'm looking at this one as well. Or if you don't want to post here....feel free to pm me.

thanks and good luck with this one. It really looks nice.
David
Psycho Synapse is offline Find More Posts by Psycho Synapse
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
Maidened mine last week and have had four good flights except for the undercart - sick of having to remove and straighten it. We fly from a fairly rough field with long grass so I removed the wheel spats and this helped but what I have now done is to junk the original legs and bought a set from Carbon Copy that fit great and are swept forward to reduce the nose over on landing. People have complained that the canopy magnets are not strong enough - this may be but what really blows off the canopy is the fact that there are no ventilation holes at all so that when the plane gets moving the cooling air for the electrics is pressurising the fuselage! I cut a 3cm square hole under where the servos mount in the fuz and it now seems ok.
boshman is offline Find More Posts by boshman
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:31 AM
Amsterdam
Joined Nov 2006
155 Posts
@Psycho Synapse, Yes I will report back and with pictures. Will use 2200mAh 4S and 3600mAh 4S in the MX2.

Sadly the MX2 is not expected before end of month sigh... specifically since I "wing and spinner" landed my PZ Extra 300 in a knive-edge practice flight hard, and is damaged practically beyond repair. ...well on to flying my old trusty Twister or Infinity then for now

BTW, as for the tail wheel I indeed would use springs as in this picture:
rcbrother is offline Find More Posts by rcbrother
Last edited by rcbrother; Jul 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepapas View Post
Hello to all where can find spare parts for this?
Hobby King now has a few spares, including the spinner:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18707
and the prop:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18708

I also just bought a 12 x 8E prop to try...
Here's the buddy code if anyone wants one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...1-CB95453476A8

Use this and it will cost you just $0.79! Valid for another 13 days or so.

Thought it may help someone....
Luke Warmwater is offline Find More Posts by Luke Warmwater
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:13 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Hobby King now has a few spares, including the spinner:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18707
and the prop:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18708

I also just bought a 12 x 8E prop to try...
Here's the buddy code if anyone wants one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...1-CB95453476A8

Use this and it will cost you just $0.79! Valid for another 13 days or so.

Thought it may help someone....
12x8 is too small for this plane. The three blade is prob closer to a 15in prop. I like the threee blade on mine. Very cool prop.

I dont know what people were trashing this plane so much. I am having no problems at all and it looks like the nicest foam full fuse plane ive had. My gear havent even bent but I only land in harrier. I can also hover it pretty well. I am flying it on 4cell 2200mah 40c turnigy lipos and have modified nothing except I glued on the tail. Best of all it was the cheapest plane I've got in... ever.
bigwood212 is offline Find More Posts by bigwood212
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:27 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
12x8 is too small for this plane. The three blade is prob closer to a 15in prop. I like the threee blade on mine. Very cool prop.
I'm flying on a 12 x 6 at the moment, and although it will prop hang at 3/4 stick, it needs just a bit more, as it will only just pull away vertical. 13 x 6.5 was OK, 14 x 7 was too much (started cooking the motor and pulled +55 amps), so I'm gonna try a 12 x 8. It can always go on my Spit if it doesn't work out....

I've ordered a new 3 blade prop and spinner, but I will also need to right prop adaptor to fit it (original is broken) and I can't find a replacement.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:33 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
Quote:

I dont know what people were trashing this plane so much. I am having no problems at all and it looks like the nicest foam full fuse plane ive had. My gear havent even bent but I only land in harrier. I can also hover it pretty well. I am flying it on 4cell 2200mah 40c turnigy lipos and have modified nothing except I glued on the tail. Best of all it was the cheapest plane I've got in... ever.

Good to hear that you are having success with this plane. I'm so close to pulling the trigger and grabbing one from HK. If you have a way of posting any videos I would love to see them.
thanks.
David
Psycho Synapse is offline Find More Posts by Psycho Synapse
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
I'm flying on a 12 x 6 at the moment, and although it will prop hang at 3/4 stick, it needs just a bit more, as it will only just pull away vertical. 13 x 6.5 was OK, 14 x 7 was too much (started cooking the motor and pulled +55 amps), so I'm gonna try a 12 x 8. It can always go on my Spit if it doesn't work out....

I've ordered a new 3 blade prop and spinner, but I will also need to right prop adaptor to fit it (original is broken) and I can't find a replacement.
Really? Im gonna try and test out some props and see whats best. I prob have 12x6 12x8 and 14x7. I've only flown this plane with the 3 blade though. I have a watt meter and will post some numbers tomorrow.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Synapse View Post
Good to hear that you are having success with this plane. I'm so close to pulling the trigger and grabbing one from HK. If you have a way of posting any videos I would love to see them.
thanks.
David
yea I have had no problems with mine. None. For the price I wouldve been happy even with all the problems though. I think I got the plane and 3 lipos for 200 with free shipping.

on a side note I have 4cell zippy flightmax and 4cell turnigy and the turnigy are the higher quality if you ask me. Seems like a little more power and they use better wire for the balance and power.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 PM
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
actually I do have problems with it tipping on grass. You cant really roll around unless you have full elevator down and even then if your going and stop it will tip. Also the rudder is not big enough if you ask me. Useually 3d planes have huge oversized rudders. This is prob more scale but not that great for things.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:13 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
I prob have 12x6 12x8 and 14x7. I've only flown this plane with the 3 blade though. I have a watt meter and will post some numbers tomorrow.
I found a 14 x 7 was pulling about 55 amps....too much for the ESC that comes with it, so I swapped the ESC for a 60amp. I still elected not to run the 14 x 7 as the motor was getting a little too warm for comfort...(my motor is a Hacker A30)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:48 PM
Clear Lake near NASA
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
with free shipping.
So how do you get the free shipping?

thx
Sniperone is offline Find More Posts by Sniperone
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:08 PM
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperone View Post
So how do you get the free shipping?

thx
once you spend $200 hobbyking gives you free shipping. This is from the usa warehouse. So i got the plane and 3 lipos.