HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:59 AM
Joined May 2010
5 Posts
Hello to all where can find spare parts for this?
dukepapas is offline Find More Posts by dukepapas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
I have been trying to solve the problem of the nose tipping over on a bumoy grass landing strip as well.
I have made 2 flights with the MX2 and the new LG, for me it's perfect.
Our landing track is made of asphalt, but the taxiway of grass, usually I carry the plane up to the track because it is not possible to run (drive) the plane until the track (wheels axis too much put off towards the gravity center).
Today I have landed the plane on the taxiway (in more it was better because of the wind direction ) and I ran the plane on the taxiway during several minutes, there is no more risk that the friction of wheels on the grass provokes the fall of the plane on its nose.

If you have no problem with the appearance of the plane with this LG, it is a good improvement.
Note that I used these wheels, they are lighter but of the same diameter as stock ones.
Spouny is offline Find More Posts by Spouny
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:56 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepapas View Post
Banana Hobby has limited parts for this.

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...6---parts.html
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:53 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepapas View Post
I wish I knew....I can't find anyone who has them in stock. Some places list some parts, but when you speak to them, they have no stock and none on order....
Luke Warmwater is offline Find More Posts by Luke Warmwater
Old Jul 05, 2011, 07:14 AM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
Personally, for this kind of plane "low cost, made in China" there's a long time that I think that spare parts = new complete plane.
That seems to come true once again with this one....
Old Jul 06, 2011, 09:53 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Quote:
I wish I knew....I can't find anyone who has them in stock. Some places list some parts, but when you speak to them, they have no stock and none on order....
I need a prop. Banana Hobby has one for $8.90 plus $12.40 for shipping. So that's $21.30 for a cheapo plastic prop? Just crazy. I'm thinking about putting on an APC 2 blade just so I can fly the darn thing.

My thought at this point is that this plane was a waste of time and a waste of $158 that I could have put to better use.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:42 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
I've had to put a 2 blade prop on; I needed a prop, a spinner and a prop adaptor. I had no chance, I had to start again...
Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:47 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Quote:
I've had to put a 2 blade prop on; I needed a prop, a spinner and a prop adaptor. I had no chance, I had to start again...
I just ordered a 2 blade prop and spinner too. I'm hoping that once I take off the wheel pants and try a lighter battery, that it will fly OK. If that's the case I'll swap out the LG for a carbon fiber set and that should cure most of the problems with this plane....I hope.
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:36 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
well on a less than perfect landing i snapped that metal strip that is the suspension for the tail wheel. it broke clean off at the rear-most screw hole that is used for mounting it to the fuselage.

now i need to replace the tail wheel assembly, so I might as well do all three parts of the gear at once.
has anyone come across a one-piece set of landing gear for the maingear that is the right size? i like those better than the two-piece. personal preference.

with the dimensions given from the HK link i should be able to find it. i just wanted to know if anyone has a set they could recommend off hand.

cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:15 PM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
I'm hoping that once I take off the wheel pants and try a lighter battery, that it will fly OK.
Done all of that that except put a different landing gear on. Removing the spats on the landling gear made an enormous difference though! It flies OK now, but I will change the LG as I have weakened it so much with the nose overs due to the spats, that the left leg bends out on the lightest touchdown!
Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:59 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
870 Posts
I only use wheel pants on my 72in plane. Every smaller plane they just cause problems with landing on grass.
bigwood212 is offline Find More Posts by bigwood212
Old Jul 08, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined Jul 2007
79 Posts
Take Care :
-------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I lost the rudder in flight, not completely because it remained attached to the plane by the tail wheel assembly and the linkage, but the 2 hinges came loose (unstuck). Fortunately no problem for landing in these conditions.
At home, I checked how are made these hinges, it is incredible on a plane of this size, the surface of the hinges that is stuck is far too much small considering the plane material and constraints on the rudder if it is used for acrobatics, and during take off / landing, particularly on grass. It is imperative to replace them by models adapted to the size of the plane and in the material on which they are stuck.
This modification is particularly important on the rudder, because besides the constraints in flight, hinges are also undergoing efforts during the landings which are not perfect (the tail wheel assembly is going to press on the rudder's bottom).
-------------------------------------------------------

Today I have made my 27th flight (11 minutes each) with this plane, now I know well its behavior in flight, it's really a good plane and in spite of the lack of power it gives me a lot of pleasure at every flight. No hope to practice 3D with it because of the lack of power, but it is a great plane for acrobatics.
I hope to find somebody to take a video soon, but I'm flying every day during my 2 hours break and am always alone there at this time.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:17 AM
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
My hinges have all been replaced and taped as well. I found adding tape to the ailerons helped a lot in handling and in lowering the stall speed as the plane was previously losing a lot of lift from the gaps in the wings!
Old Jul 09, 2011, 03:33 PM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
I took off the wheel pants today. Saved just a little under an ounce. If the wind dies down I may even get to fly it again. Had to put a spar in the wing from my last flight. It doesn't really cartwheel as well as my foamies do. :-)
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:16 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
OK, I'm calling it DOA at 4:00pm yesterday. In my book, this plane is officially a piece if s@#t. I've flown all types of planes, some good, some not so good, none of them flew as poorly as this plane. Last flight resulted in spin/crash from about 100' up. Anything less than about 2/3 throttle and this plane snaps. I'm going to try to salvage the wheels, prop, motor, and ESC, the servos are too slow for most planes, probably be fine for a sailboat or somthing.

Anyone know a good plane that this motor might fit?