HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:02 AM
theres always a way hot glue!!
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
I have about 45 expo on elevator it didn't ballon up on last flights think the nose weight has helpt with that i need to find a good speed to bring down at its two fast or two slow and stalls im usef to landing all my others with no power so this is a challenge for me having all the thust and cg problems has not helpt with my cofidence not tryed spoileron or flaperon what's a good starting point persentige for spoileron again thanks for your help
reaper g is offline Find More Posts by reaper g
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:24 AM
Suomi, Espoo
Joined Sep 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper g View Post
what's a good starting point persentige for spoileron again thanks for your help
Start with 20% and see where it takes you
Jstjern is offline Find More Posts by Jstjern
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Well I put my MX2 in yesterday.
Felt like the radio locked out, but I don't wanna be like otheres and blame the equipment too easy, I think it was just a stall, lost aileron and elevator response, and she fell over in a turn and BANG.
Anyway, all electronics are ok, just fuselage and prop. Firewall and landing gear are still fine.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:12 AM
Suomi, Espoo
Joined Sep 2011
158 Posts
Sammyc, that's the weakest part. I took grill sticks and polyuretane glue and fixed mine. Gorilla glue for example.
Jstjern is offline Find More Posts by Jstjern
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:36 AM
Epoxy Flyer
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Sammy,

Sorry about the crash.

I'm in the process of repairing mine - almost exactly the same damage - even down to the propeller

Mine was pilot error. Was doing a slow lap before attempting to land on the small oval where I was flying. It was going a bit wide and I tried to pull it round quicker and one wing stalled. Over it went upside down and then it nosed down straight at me. Managed to jump out of the way

I had most of the spare parts - hopefully will be back in the air by next week.

The remarkable thing was the prop shaft wasn't bent. After hearing of people bending prop shafts with a bad landing I bought several spares, but the original survived the nose straight in!

Hopefully you'll be back in the air soon.
NiftyRC is offline Find More Posts by NiftyRC
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Yea she will be fine, might get a chance to do it tonight. Might be a good excuse to repaint it? I'll get it glued and see how it looks.
And NiftyRC, sounds like a very similar crash, but I didnt crash next to myself I had to do the 40m walk of shame lol
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
I sure do a lot less repairing and a lot more flying since I gave my MX2 away.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Just found this for stock motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25156

I am not using this motor, but I know a lot of people are/were in need of the prop adaptor.

Out of stock of course, but backorder it and you should get it.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:29 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Also, my MX2 is going back together nicely, I have used PU glue with BBQ skewers for reinforcement as suggested, seems to be working very very well, and so far visibility of damage isn't too bad, but the masking tape is pulling the crappy paint off a bit.
I want to buy this, but doubt it comes with the decals. Anyone have any idea?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18715
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Also, my MX2 is going back together nicely, I have used PU glue with BBQ skewers for reinforcement as suggested, seems to be working very very well, and so far visibility of damage isn't too bad, but the masking tape is pulling the crappy paint off a bit.
I want to buy this, but doubt it comes with the decals. Anyone have any idea?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18715
I ordered a Blue cowl from HK and it did not come with decals.
tnt1106 is offline Find More Posts by tnt1106
Last edited by tnt1106; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:35 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1106 View Post
I ordered a Blue cowl from HK and it did not come with decals.
Ah that sucks, ill just glue mine back together then with tape on the inside the hold it.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:30 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Well I put my MX2 in yesterday.
Felt like the radio locked out, but I don't wanna be like otheres and blame the equipment too easy, I think it was just a stall, lost aileron and elevator response, and she fell over in a turn and BANG.
Anyway, all electronics are ok, just fuselage and prop. Firewall and landing gear are still fine.
Exact same thing here... even the damage looks almost exactly the same. I got a bit lucky and was caught by some bushes so the nose is almost perfect.

I'm almost tempted to put the electronics in a Great planes edge 540t... but I guess I can glue the MX2 back together and fly it hard for learning on. Then when I can't glue it anymore, I'll pick up the 540T.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:30 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Exact same thing here... even the damage looks almost exactly the same. I got a bit lucky and was caught by some bushes so the nose is almost perfect.

I'm almost tempted to put the electronics in a Great planes edge 540t... but I guess I can glue the MX2 back together and fly it hard for learning on. Then when I can't glue it anymore, I'll pick up the 540T.
I was nearly the same, elecs are decent stock, although that ESC is HUGE. Would go across to another airframe nicely. Even though I have upgraded all except the ESC lol But the damage wasn't great enough to call it a writeoff.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, NY, Hyde Park
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
can anyone tell me where to get motor shaft? Also other parts I looked on hobby king but it looks like they have limited stock
Drttrack97 is offline Find More Posts by Drttrack97
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:15 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
if you're in the Uk then http://www.centuryuk.com/Spares/Aero...daptor-V1-&-V3

I got this plane for Christmas 2011 and have had about 3 decent flights out of around 25 attempts. Most recently the ESC just decided to up and quit - taxied out onto the runway then all of a sudden the prop span the opposite way for a moment then refused to spin at all, replaced the ESC and got it going again.....lasted 1 flight :/ I was doing a flat spin and it just flat out refused to stop spinning right up until it hit the floor - at least it once again had a fairly gentle meeting with the floor and all I need to do is come up with a way of re-attaching the tail wheel. Whilst not overly impressed with this plane (really think I could of got something far more worthwhile for Christmas) at least it keeps me on my toes when it's actually in the air
AttackRabbit is offline Find More Posts by AttackRabbit