SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2011, 09:57 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
** I did not edit this video. There is no music, and no cuts.
** The 1st minute I am doing some tests visually as this was a maiden on the newly built DeeZee plane. You will be able to notice when I put on the goggles.
** Yes the prop is balanced - I was in a hurry so I didn't use my usual methods to secure the cam to the plane as I was running out of daylight. This has been fixed and should be much smoother with tomorrows flight.

The home arrow is MUCH smoother. Flying laterally at speed shows me that it's much more accurate. I'm happy with that!! Good job!!!

The altitude is much better with the v1.6 firmware. When you're rolling out and climbing, it's great. It's also good when you're holding altitude (check when I am gliding unpowered) . Descending and landing it seems to be a little slow to respond (NOTE: I really do not need altitude readings at this point in the flight - my purpose for altitude is when setting up cruise altitudes to maintain LOS). This is actually a good thing if you have RTH setup as the plane won't fly into a tree or mountain. However, I do feel it could be a little more accurate on descent. I also notice that it does not drift on the ground - the OSD seems to "sense" when you toss the plane up and begins the capture at this point.

If you notice when I power up and reset the OSD --- is says "RSSI Detected"... however the RSSI never moves past 0% - maybe Skylark can check the code for the RSSI. I will move the RSSI back to voltage readout and fly in the morning to see if it still works correctly w/ voltage readout vs percent.

I've spent some time looking at the altitude readouts of many OSDs online. I can say that the Skylark behaves much like the Dragon OSD on the altitude reading - there is some lag. The most accurate OSD (on altitude) that I can see online appears to be the EZOSD. As it sits right now... once the RSSI is checked for the new firmware realease I am a happy camper. At 98$ each I will be outfitting my entire fleet with the Skylark OSD.

Skylark OSD Review : v1.6 Firmware (15 min 50 sec)
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Last edited by SENTRY 62; Jun 01, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 09:58 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
I just tried to update my firmware according to the website instructions. I downloaded, unzipped and installed the software and unzipped firmware version 1.6. However, when I hit the button to do the actual update I get an "Erase Timeout" error and the process stops. Any idea what my problem is?

kendall
The usb to serial drivers only work with XP. I tried the Prolific drivers for Windows 7 and I could not get it recognize the serial connection. What OS are you using.
Last edited by SENTRY 62; May 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:14 AM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
The usb to serial drivers only work with XP. I tried the Prolific drivers for Windows 7 and I could not get it recognize the serial connection. What OS are you using.
I'm using Vista on my laptop. The software seems to work fine until I try updating. It detects the OSD and allowed me to change the RSSI and units setting without problems.

I noticed in the software that there is a calibration screen for RSSI. Did you set the min and max voltage values on yours?

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:16 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Aaaah - I didn't. I will do that - that's prob why my RSSI doesn't work - LOL.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Also just noticed in the vid that your current reading doesn't move off of 0.3A and the value for mAh used creeps up accordingly. Any explanation for that?

kendall
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:11 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Skylark - the RSSI info appears to be my oversight - I will adjust the values in the Configuration Program (I forgot to load the voltages).

On the current/amps - it appears that indeed it is not being calculated propery as I added 900mAh into a 2100 mAh battery after this flight. I will check all connections but I'm positive the sensor was hooked up correctly.

I will recheck all settings in the Configuration Program before my 4 mile trip (8 miles total) tonight. I will also reload v1.6 just to be sure.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
I just tried to update my firmware according to the website instructions. I downloaded, unzipped and installed the software and unzipped firmware version 1.6. However, when I hit the button to do the actual update I get an "Erase Timeout" error and the process stops. Any idea what my problem is?

kendall
Please try to update the firmware with Windows XP
We'll update the USB driver as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding

Best regards,
Skylark FPV Service Center
skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:39 PM
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkfpv View Post
Please try to update the firmware with Windows XP
We'll update the USB driver as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding

Best regards,
Skylark FPV Service Center
I don't have a machine that runs XP anymore. I can try it in compatibility mode, but I may just have to wait on the updated driver.

kendall
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Compatibility mode for Windows XP didn't work. So I'm stuck until the software supports either Vista or Windows 7. Unless I can find someone who still has XP and will let me use their computer.

kendall
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:56 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
The driver is not a Skylark issue - it's a Windows issue (trust me - just google usb to serial driver for your OS and you will see). I had an old desktop that is XP so that's the only way I got it to work. Prolific claims to have the best drivers that work - but you can Google and see that thousands of people can't get usb to serial to function properly even with the newest driver(s) available.

Skylark : I reloaded v1.6 with metric settings, and voltage for RSSI. RSSI works fine in voltage configuration on v1.6 without having to make any other calibrations or changes. When I switch to % it does not function. (NOTE: also, I'm unable to alter the "V" parameter in the calibration menu).

BUT...

v1.6 mAh readings were still not functioning properly, even when I set the OSD to Metric readout. Keep me posted when there is a new fix. It's a pleasure working with a new developer and field-testing new gear.

** I also feel that we should be able to load 1) CURRENT RELEASE (v1.6) as well as 2) PREVIOUS RELEASE (v1.5) from your site. I would prefer to go back to v1.5 as the current readings are most important for distance flying. **
Last edited by SENTRY 62; Jun 01, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:25 AM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Bologna
Joined Oct 2010
17 Posts
Hi,you excuse the bad English
I have read all the posts but I have not understood yet where the osd takes electric power and how much volt can support.Does he work to 5volt only? does the connection to the electric power happen with the thorn + and - under rssi?
Doing have cam\txv to 12volt I must give electric power separated by that of the osd with a lipo from 3s?
the coordinates of the satellites as I can see her on the monitor, do I have to have the new fw only or had to I ask for him to the I purchase?
Have I finally found two buttons, is one the reset the other to thing it serves?

thanks for the answers
REfuso is offline Find More Posts by REfuso
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:39 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REfuso View Post
Hi,you excuse the bad English
the coordinates of the satellites as I can see her on the monitor, do I have to have the new fw only or had to I ask for him to the I purchase?
Have I finally found two buttons, is one the reset the other to thing it serves?
thanks for the answers
For Your Information

How to set the screen mode, please refer
http://www.skylarkfpv.com/intl/en-us/tiny_upgrade.html
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:11 PM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Bologna
Joined Oct 2010
17 Posts
a lot of graces for the answer, but I don't know yet that function has the second button and I have not understood how to do to have the display f16, attends your indications, Regards To Al.
REfuso is offline Find More Posts by REfuso
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REfuso View Post
a lot of graces for the answer, but I don't know yet that function has the second button and I have not understood how to do to have the display f16, attends your indications, Regards To Al.

Set F16 hud
1. Use the Skylark USB Cable connect your computer and the GPS port of the Tiny OSD board
2. Run the Skylark Configuration Software
Last edited by skylarkfpv; Jun 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:12 PM
Kiev Ukraine
Joined Mar 2011
6 Posts
I saw the Chinese version of the site with the autopilot and infrared sensors, this version is not sold to other countries?
hudognik is offline Find More Posts by hudognik