HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
Skylark, what do you plan to do to fix the large problem with the altitude setting.
We have released a new firmware to reduce the GPS drift.
skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 01:34 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkfpv View Post
If the OSD support artificial horizon, you have to expand a attitude sensor .
You can set other features by Skylark Configuration Software
If ? you don't know the features of your own OSD?
How can be expanded this OSD?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 27, 2011, 02:24 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
it like trying to squeeze juice from a stone...sloooowly things are getting more interesting.

If this product was configurable it would compete directly with Remzibi's. however it looks right now that Remzibi's osd beats this one pants down for a similar price,,,
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old May 27, 2011, 02:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,649 Posts
Sure, this is an axiom, I don't understand how people is atracted by these chinese clones, like CE OSD and this, that pops here and there and make more buzz than they deserves...
The coming integration of remzibi with wiicontroler, bringing AH and IMU stabilisation to the plane, will add even more value to remzibi OSD making it the only non RTH OSD to consider for a wise buyer.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:26 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
If ? you don't know the features of your own OSD?
How can be expanded this OSD?
Terribly sorry for your misunderstanding
the original meaning: The Tiny OSD cannot expand a attitude sensor,
so the OSD doesn't know how the plane is hanging in the air
it cannot display a artificial horizon.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:35 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Sure, this is an axiom, I don't understand how people is atracted by these chinese clones, like CE OSD and this, that pops here and there and make more buzz than they deserves...
The coming integration of remzibi with wiicontroler, bringing AH and IMU stabilisation to the plane, will add even more value to remzibi OSD making it the only non RTH OSD to consider for a wise buyer.
We look forward to your constant concern for our products, maybe you can find something that interests you
Last edited by skylarkfpv; May 27, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
it like trying to squeeze juice from a stone...sloooowly things are getting more interesting.

If this product was configurable it would compete directly with Remzibi's. however it looks right now that Remzibi's osd beats this one pants down for a similar price,,,
I'm a big fan of making vendors have a user title that reflects their business.

Let's take a hypothetical situation.

Vendor announces a new product. Competing vendor (referred to as CV), under their screen name, comes in and attacks said product. Experienced users MIGHT know that the CV has a product, but they might just think that CV is another poster.

Now I'm not saying that the criticism is or isn't warranted. I am just saying, it would be nice to know if said poster (CV) may or may not be speaking for the benefit of the other posters, or themselves.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old May 27, 2011, 09:44 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,649 Posts
Do you think that I had the patience to wait 8 pages to "attack" this one ?
My post was simply the result of seeing the inability to support their own product, which is far from being stellar, you don't sell a thing only because it's "the smallest", because "full featured" it's clear now not true.

Also, this statement: "Vendor announces a new product" ... these times are gone, at least in this field ! Today products are gradually developed on forums, listening to future potential customer wishes. If not open source at all ! You must be very strong to build based on your own vision and launch it, and be ready to hear a lot of criticism, much more than the approach above. I know only one guy able to succeed in this style, guess who ...
Old May 27, 2011, 10:29 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Do you think that I had the patience to wait 8 pages to "attack" this one ?
My post was simply the result of seeing the inability to support their own product, which is far from being stellar, you don't sell a thing only because it's "the smallest", because "full featured" it's clear now not true.

Also, this statement: "Vendor announces a new product" ... these times are gone, at least in this field ! Today products are gradually developed on forums, listening to future potential customer wishes. If not open source at all ! You must be very strong to build based on your own vision and launch it, and be ready to hear a lot of criticism, much more than the approach above. I know only one guy able to succeed in this style, guess who ...
Maybe I am the one attracting those comments since I mentioned Remzibi first.

I have no affiliation but I have a very discerning wallet.
As far as I can tell there are 3 OSDs in this price range

-CeOSD I own one and very happy with it. extremely simple to use and almost No configuring to use. could not be simpler. However, the documentation is sketchy and apart from the excellent service provided by BEVRC. almost no support or dialogue with the vendor.
-remzibi: open source fully configurable and expandable. there is a huge involvement by the manufacturer in the forums and the improvements are a direct result from customer feed back
-Skylark: good participation from the manufacturer but very unclear about documentation and features... maybe there is a language barrier here and the product has just been launched. so this is why I say there is potential here .

logic says that sofar REMZIBI is by far the best bang for your buck in this category.

no affiliation, just pure logic.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:52 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
I'm not sure why/how it's not clear that his answer to my artificial horizon question was due to a language barrier. I understood what he meant.

I have gotten GREAT support from SKYLARK via skype and email, and have received new products to test that I can't mention at the moment. Let's just say that the new OSD will be a game-changer if it works as advertised and the price is right. Stay tuned.

I have updated the firmware on my Skylark OSD, and I will be posting the results. REMZIBI is not without its issues (yes I own REMZIBI as well) so "better" is a relative term IMO.

I'm not here to sell anyone anything - buy what you want. But please don't bash developers who are trying to market products for our use. The more options we have, the better.

I look forward to posting the results from my firmware upgrade.
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old May 27, 2011, 11:14 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,649 Posts
In this case they are Lucky to have you
Old May 27, 2011, 01:51 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
I'm not sure why/how it's not clear that his answer to my artificial horizon question was due to a language barrier. I understood what he meant.

I have gotten GREAT support from SKYLARK via skype and email, and have received new products to test that I can't mention at the moment. Let's just say that the new OSD will be a game-changer if it works as advertised and the price is right. Stay tuned.

I have updated the firmware on my Skylark OSD, and I will be posting the results. REMZIBI is not without its issues (yes I own REMZIBI as well) so "better" is a relative term IMO.

I'm not here to sell anyone anything - buy what you want. But please don't bash developers who are trying to market products for our use. The more options we have, the better.

I look forward to posting the results from my firmware upgrade.
me too maybe you could keep us informed of the product development since I am certain there must be some communication issues due to language barriers.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:46 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
I just uploaded the new firmware v1.6. I can confirm that the code for NTSC cameras has been corrected. There is no flickering at all in the battery data readout - so Skylark was correct in saying that it was a code issue not a current sensor issue.

I also switched to Imperial data - NICE. Much easier to plan flights using GoogleEarth withough having to convert metric in flight.

I can also confirm that RSSI values are now from 0% - 100%!!!!! I am happy about this - when flying you have to be able to process your readouts quickly.

I will make a flight today after work and post the video.
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old May 31, 2011, 08:56 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Has the GPS issue been addressed?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old May 31, 2011, 04:57 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
I just tried to update my firmware according to the website instructions. I downloaded, unzipped and installed the software and unzipped firmware version 1.6. However, when I hit the button to do the actual update I get an "Erase Timeout" error and the process stops. Any idea what my problem is?

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn