HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:20 AM
Master on breaking props
España, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
You can always use the AttoPilot Voltage and Current Sensor from Sparkfun. People used them when Skylark had issues with their old current sensors. The AttoPilot is available in 90A and 180A for $20.
Please, could someone tell me where I can find more detailed information about this (wiring, pinout, etc)? My heavy Y6 certainly burn the Skylark 60A current sensor, sure.
Manolo_B is offline Find More Posts by Manolo_B
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Skylark Tiny OSD User Manual
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-t...Fc3TTZwcW1mN1k

skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
What I do is run two batteries in parallel. One through the current sensor and one directly. That way only half of the power goes through the sensor. Plus if the sensor failed I'd still have one battery.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
Master on breaking props
España, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2011
42 Posts
¿Can Skylark offer a compatible current sensor wtih more end-rangeforTinyOSD III?

I understand we have a languaje barrier, I also suffer it. But for serious multirrotor application I think it´s a must for your OSD
Manolo_B is offline Find More Posts by Manolo_B
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo_B View Post
¿Can Skylark offer a compatible current sensor wtih more end-rangeforTinyOSD III?

I understand we have a languaje barrier, I also suffer it. But for serious multirrotor application I think it´s a must for your OSD
In fact, we design the maximum current is 160A for Tiny current sensor
but it need to add 2 resistors on current sensor.

Skylark FPV Service Center
http://www.SkylarkFPV.com
Last edited by skylarkfpv; Dec 14, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,480 Posts
Even with a big Y6 I doubt you will pull 60amps. My Cinestar 6, even when I push it, only pulls 45 amps. Have you measured the actual amp draw?
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
SKT
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2011
158 Posts
Sky Radar greyed out.

For some reason the Option to set Sky Radar is greyed and I cannot select it. Upgraded to Firmware 2.8. Only None and Ground selectable.

Any ideas?
SKT is offline Find More Posts by SKT
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Dioes your OSD work now?
The 'Sky' is always grey, it's not the firmware problem, the tiny OSD cannot support 'Sky' feature.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
When looking at the display in the regular radar mode, is there a North and South aspect to the screen. Is North at the bottom of the display? When I fly away from myself in a Southerly direction the little pip heads toward the bottom of the screen.

I would like it to head to the TOP of the screen when flying SOUTH.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
When looking at the display in the regular radar mode, is there a North and South aspect to the screen. Is North at the bottom of the display? When I fly away from myself in a Southerly direction the little pip heads toward the bottom of the screen.

I would like it to head to the TOP of the screen when flying SOUTH.
Must be a down under thing. Up here we prefer North Up
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:07 AM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
I'm finally getting around to working on the voltage and current cal. I read earlier about the V cal, but what about current?

Right now I show no current at all. Is there a trick I missed?
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:48 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
I haven't tried to calibrate anything yet. My OSD does show current which is reasonably accurate. The mAh seems to read low by about 15%. I do need to try to calibrate.
I also now have RSSI signal which I need to connect to the Skylard and calibrate.

Has anyone figure out how to get the entire Skylark configuration screen to appear on the computer?

Skylark, do you know what a Windows user needs to do to "see" the entire Confiure Screen. The right hand side of mine stops at the beginning of the word "Set" on the top line. I really need to see the entire screen.
Last edited by u2builder; Dec 21, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
624 Posts
Someone posted that he changed his screen resolution to a higher setting which fixed the cropped configuration screen. Try that.
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moelich73 View Post
Someone posted that he changed his screen resolution to a higher setting which fixed the cropped configuration screen. Try that.

Nope, I am at 2048 x 1152 the highest available on my display. I tried lower resolutions, but no help.

I have also tried it on my laptop and get the same cropped display.

I just don't understand why it doesn't work on my Vista 64 desktop or my Win 7 laptop. Other's must be using this type of computer. What possible setting could be wrongt on two different computers. And at least some other folks seem to have this problem.

I went to a lot of trouble to install RSSI and now I can't use it.

I hope SKYLARK will jump in here with a solution. Other people seem to have this problem. It would make many people happy to have it fixed.
Last edited by u2builder; Dec 22, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:08 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
One thing I notice is that when I click the square box at the top right corner, the Maximize/Restore button between the - and +, on the Skylark program it does not change the size of what is displayed. It does not Maximize what is in the display. Is this normal? If you have a Skylark Config that works does clicking the square button do anything????
Last edited by u2builder; Dec 22, 2012 at 08:47 AM.