SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
I am new to osds so couple simple questions.

Can i use skylark tiny osd to see only altitude?
Can i use it without current sensor? since it might go over 60A on peaks does it do any damage?
Will the GPS take some affect on nazas gps?
peeteee is offline Find More Posts by peeteee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Sorry, for the moment, it cannot only show altitude in screen
You can use the OSD without current sensor and it wokr well with NAZA
If the current go over 60A on peaks, the current sensor can be damaged
skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Oct 2009
461 Posts
Hey peeteee

I use Trace II right along with Naza/GPS

The Naza antenna is flat mounted in the center of the top plate on my quad turned 16.5 degrees to the right without the little mounting stem.

Trace GPS antenna is mounted at the rear of the plate and both work fine.

Be sure to point the Skylark antenna wire forward, seems backwack I know, but I read that somewhere
Navigator53 is offline Find More Posts by Navigator53
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Sep 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeteee View Post
I am new to osds so couple simple questions.

Can i use skylark tiny osd to see only altitude?
Can i use it without current sensor? since it might go over 60A on peaks does it do any damage?
Will the GPS take some affect on nazas gps?
With the stock DJI motors it will use 20A hovering, 30A at max speed. This is with 10X4.7 propellers.
joop1987 is offline Find More Posts by joop1987
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Its tuned unit.. M to M 76cm with 11x5 props at the moment... hexa. Flight weight is 2,7kg at the moment. so yes it will be more than 60A
peeteee is offline Find More Posts by peeteee
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Sep 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeteee View Post
Its tuned unit.. M to M 76cm with 11x5 props at the moment... hexa. Flight weight is 2,7kg at the moment. so yes it will be more than 60A
You can always use the AttoPilot Voltage and Current Sensor from Sparkfun. People used them when Skylark had issues with their old current sensors. The AttoPilot is available in 90A and 180A for $20.
joop1987 is offline Find More Posts by joop1987
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
Help - No Video anymore!

Hi Guys,
I need some help.

I really like the features and form size of this OSD and have recently installed and used in a Mini Sky walker for which it is perfect.

I have the Tiny II purchased from Hobby King. I upgraded it to the 2.7 firmware (I think, from memory). It has been working well with GPS and without the current sensor.

Last night I added the current sensor as another feature and now I do not get any video through the OSD - just blank, gray screen. The Vtx and cam are still all working fine as I get a great image when I take the OSD out of the loop...

I have tested all elements that I can, and even tried to run it without the current sensor again, but still get no image with the OSD connected in the circuit. I have checked and double checked all volage and wiring and all is correct. I have the 5v to the OSD regulated via a 7805 reg that is reading 4.9volts on a multimeter...

The OSD board itself appears live as I have the blue light lit on the board. Pressing the rest button achieves nothing. It goes solid for a few secs and then blinks. BUT NO IMAGE AT ALL! It appears that there is not even any video pass-through - frustrating!!

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Has anyone else had this expereince? Has the old dodgy curent sensor killed my OSD mainboard?

The only other factor of note, is that the board made a buzzing sound when it was first installe and used. I probably has only 3 or 4 flights total on it's running time. ...hmmm, thinking about it, I notice that the board is no longer buzzing... I thought this may be a good thing - but maybe not!

The only options I can think of is re-flash the firmware (but a friend has my tool) or be forced to buy a new board (which I'd rather not do!)

SkylarkFPV - any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance.

Cheers,
Matt
pheonix3 is offline Find More Posts by pheonix3
Last edited by pheonix3; Sep 05, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,464 Posts
Matt

Ask your question at:
www.FPVlab.com in the Skylark forum.

Neal
Nobert is online now Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:17 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
Matt

Ask your question at:
www.FPVlab.com in the Skylark forum.

Neal
Hi Neal,
Thanks for the lead. I just joined FPVLabs yesterday to list this question and did get a response thanks... Not the one I wanted mind you!

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....IEW..../page88

Cheers,
Matt
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:33 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,104 Posts
Matt: nice info, thanks! I was thinking about getting this OSD. Now I'm thinking of getting the Skylark instead of the HK version.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:51 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
My pleasure to share info Gary.
thats how I have learnt most of what I know in this hobby -off others generous enough to share thier experiences and knowledge, its the least I can do to share a little of mine.

Back to the OSD.
Reading between the lines.... I wonder if HK are selling a bad batch cheaper while Skylark themselves seem to have a pretty good reputation.

I still really like many features of this OSD and will look at replacing parts to get it functioning again.

Cheers,
Matt
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Hi Matt,

If you'd like, you can send your OSD to us,
We can help you check and repair them.
skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:08 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
Thank you skylarkfpv

Hello Skylark FPV Service Centre,

Thank you for your offer to repair my faulty OSD Mainboard. I would indeed like to take you up on your offer.
How would you like me to proceed? What address would you like me to post it to? Are these parts under warrantee?
Feel free to contact me on email: pheonix3@iinet.net.au to make the neccessary arrangements.

May I also compliment you on your customer service. I already like your products, but your fast response to my question on this forsum is to be commended. Congratulations on a well run company.

Kind regards,

Matt
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:46 PM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
2,104 Posts
Hi Guys: I ordered the Tiiny OSD from HK since I was placing an order anyway.
? HK website says working voltage OSD 7.4V-12V but somewhere else I read it would handle 4s (what I'm running) Id' like to use the current sensor but don't want to short out anything.
Q1) Can I use 4s battery?
Q2) what direction does the GPS "wire" have to face. I know the Naza GPS wire has to face forward.
Q3) I have this USB_TTL converter and an extra GPS cable to wire it: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-USB
What outputs go where? It there a wiring diagram anywhere?

Thanks
Gary in Salisbury, MD
Last edited by glmccready; Sep 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:07 PM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
2,104 Posts
Got some answers elsewhere: 4s was fine! Figured out the wiring of the GPS wire too.
What a breeze to setup. Already had XT60 battery connectors. Ran a servo cable from the Rx to the OSD. Spliced the ground from Gorpro to the ground HK 5.8gz video transmitter wire. Made sure the appropriate video in and video out wires were in the servo plug.
Done! Worked very first time.
Next I need to take the extra GPS wire and put some servo plugs on one end, so i can attach it to my MK USB-TTL adapter. I'd like to switch it over to imperial?
http://youtu.be/CYZXltdifhE?hd=1