HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 01:04 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefly View Post
Hi Guys, I just got the Skylark OSD III. How can I connect it to my Fatshark Predators with Immersion 600mw tx? Anyone has a connection photo or diagram. If yes, please post.

- thanks

On the OSD you should have a black, white and red wire

I soldered the black to the ground or -ve wire on the Fastshark TX plug from the camera, I then cut the green wire (which is video signal)

the green wire coming from the camera end solder the red wire from the OSD (video in)

then solder the white wire (video out) from the OSD to the other green wire coming from the camera plug that plugs into the Fastshark TX

Works great

I have since changed to using a Gopro HD 2 as my FPV camera and it' heaps better than the stock fatshark camera.

but the the stock camera still does the job well too.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Question? I had the Tiny I OSD Package and wiped out my OSD firmware by doing an update. I was told to send it back to them and they would fix it, but it will cost me just as much to ship it back to them as it would to order a new OSD board. My question is, I have the 4hz GPS and the oler current sensor (red) and Im wondering if I purchase the Tiny III OSD Board, will it be compatible with the gps and current sensor that I already have?
jglover is offline Find More Posts by jglover
Old May 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Pico Rivera, CA
Joined Apr 2004
283 Posts
It wont work, the little white plugs that connect the gps & current sensor are different size. You might as well order the new tiny III.
teebok is offline Find More Posts by teebok
Old May 26, 2012, 12:10 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
How to change the com ports to use with Skylark program

How do you change the com ports? When I plug mine in, it automatically assigns it to com10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
You both need to go to "manage devices" and scroll down to the usbtti or similar. You need to assign the USB cable to either com port 1 or com port 2. The computer will automatically assign it to com port 32 or near to that. Once you assign it to 1 or 2 the software will recognize it and you will be able to program it.

Try this and get back to me.

I used Skype today with another RC pilot and he helped me with my ER9X programming and it was so much easier than emailing/posting/PM'ing back and forth. If you can't get it to work then I can Skype you in about 1 hour when I get home or after about 11pm Australian time.

Cheers,

TS.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; May 26, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
I figured it out how to change the com settings. Mine works with COM2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
How do you change the com ports? When I plug mine in, it automatically assigns it to com10.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Jun 18, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Destructive testing expert!
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
I've been having problems with RF from my 800mW 1280 MHz VTX causing my current readings to jump all over the place randomly on my Tiny OSD.

I've tried adding caps on the power leads both in and out of the current sensor, but that didn't help.

Anyone else had RFI issues with the current sensor? Everything else works fine. Just my current sensor has issues. Can read as high as 3-4 amps with no load. Moving various wires around changes the current reading, but I can't seem to make the issue go away.

This is on an Easy Star, so I don't have much room to move things around.

Any suggestions??

Bill
Bill Sanford is offline Find More Posts by Bill Sanford
Old May 29, 2012, 12:23 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sanford View Post
I've been having problems with RF from my 800mW 1280 MHz VTX causing my current readings to jump all over the place randomly on my Tiny OSD.

I've tried adding caps on the power leads both in and out of the current sensor, but that didn't help.

Anyone else had RFI issues with the current sensor? Everything else works fine. Just my current sensor has issues. Can read as high as 3-4 amps with no load. Moving various wires around changes the current reading, but I can't seem to make the issue go away.

Any suggestions??

Bill
You will also get problems with the SAT reciever too

Thats why I run 5.8Ghz

But if you have a larger plane and can get the TX as far away as possible then it should be ok
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old May 29, 2012, 07:02 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
Quote:

Any suggestions??

Bill
This has been a fairly well documented issue with the Skylark OSD.... have you upgraded it? How old is the system?
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old May 29, 2012, 07:30 AM
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
This has been a fairly well documented issue with the Skylark OSD.... have you upgraded it? How old is the system?
I purchased it a few months back from HK. I downloaded and installed the current software about a month ago. I think it's RF related because as I mentioned, I can make it better and worse just by moving my hand around the VTX antenna and by moving the wires around.

Bill
Old May 29, 2012, 07:50 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
I had a first version one from them - just putting my hand near the CS made the numbers move. They replaced if for me with a newer version and the problem went away. Any change you can snap a quick pic of the CS?
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old May 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
765 Posts
Quote:

Any suggestions??

Bill
The only fix is a new CS. There was about 10 pages on this subject on FPVLabs. Skylark said a couple months ago that units purchased through HK had to be taken care of through HK. Easiest thing to do is go to Skylark.com and buy a new CS.
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Old May 29, 2012, 07:08 PM
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
Here's the pictures of my CS. I removed the connectors and attached wires to PC board.

Bummer that I have to replace it. Can mine be fixed? Was the issue a faulty part of a design flaw?

Can you point me to the thread on FPVLabs that discusses this?

Thanks!

Bill
Old May 29, 2012, 07:24 PM
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
So where can I buy a Skylark 60A current sensor?

It's not listed on the Skylark web site or at ReadyMadeRC.

??
Old May 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
Never mind. Found it here:

http://www.skylarkfpv.com/store/inde...tegory&path=38
Old May 30, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
765 Posts
Quote:
So where can I buy a Skylark 60A current sensor?

It's not listed on the Skylark web site or at ReadyMadeRC.

??
Here you go starts around here and goes on for like 20 pages.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....IEW..../page28
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON