Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:27 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff2 View Post
Hello,
another problem occured. The main rotor switches off during flight from time to time and after about 1 second it starts working again. It usually happens when I try to rotate the heli to left side. Did anyone experienced same problem?
Yes, lately did it two times four days apart. I do not know if it is Tx batteries or something else (Li-ion battery onboard). I have charged the battery around 15 times so far and everybody says it lasts up to 7 max
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Any 3-channel single bladed heli will fly and handle differently than a 3-ch coaxial or a 4-ch single blade heli. It's just the nature of the design. The 3-ch single bladed helis really need to be flown in a large are - like an outside park - to get the most fun out of them.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Any 3-channel single bladed heli will fly and handle differently than a 3-ch coaxial or a 4-ch single blade heli. It's just the nature of the design. The 3-ch single bladed helis really need to be flown in a large are - like an outside park - to get the most fun out of them.
All times I fly outdoors in a wide open area, very calm and temp between 55-72F.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Double Horse 9100 and 9104 Swashplate

Hi, i've just broke my Double Horse 9104 Swashplate and ordered one for the 9100 since amazon was the only option for me and could not find the one for the 9104.

Looking at photos it seems pretty much the same but i don't know if size is right, so, my question is if anyone knows if those pieces are the same.

Also someone mentioned a metal swashplate but could not find it on the net...

Thanks
nellof is offline Find More Posts by nellof
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Hi guys I just got my double horse 9104 today, i cant seen to get the thing to fly, it seems as if the tail just spins in circles in flight. even when i adjust the trims fully it can only turn one way and not the other. anyone have the same problem? any ideas what i can do to fix it?
landslide03 is offline Find More Posts by landslide03
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:03 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide03 View Post
Hi guys I just got my double horse 9104 today, i cant seen to get the thing to fly, it seems as if the tail just spins in circles in flight. even when i adjust the trims fully it can only turn one way and not the other. anyone have the same problem? any ideas what i can do to fix it?
I will get back to you soon, after New Year's with some tips. I do not know how you have adjusted the trims. Specify which direction it spins looking from the back.
Happy New Year. Stay tuned..
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
9104 signal problems

Hi all, Just new to this forum but just had a quick question about the heli.
I have had this thing (dh9104) for a couple of weeks now and its alot of fun done all the usual mods and it seems to fly pretty good. Anyways went to use it today and it wouldnt respond to inputs. as the transmitter came closer the red led came on and it came to life but only at about a foot of distance. When you walk away the red light dies and no signal. I had it hovering just over my head with the antenna from my transmitter pretty much touching the helis tail boom where the antenna has been routed and its seems to be getting random commands, it looses power for a second and then come back on or the rear tail rotor just starts pulsing erratically. Any suggestions. I have ordered a new circuit board for the heli but in the mean time have tried soldering a new antenna on to no avail. Can the hand held transmitters crap out or do you think more that likely a hard hit has messed up the circuits in the heli. Any help would be appreciated. cheers
Sacredherb is offline Find More Posts by Sacredherb
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:39 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide03 View Post
it seems as if the tail just spins in circles in flight
1. On the 49mhz version, unravel the antemma wire on the helicopter and tie it back on the tail.

2. The 49mhz version transmitter has a left/right turn trim knob at the top right as well as the slider trim tab below the right stick.

3. After switching the helicopter receiver on, let it set still for five seconds to allow the gyro to adjust.

With the helicopter on a smooth surface, you should slowly increase main rotor speed until the helicopter is just ready to lift off. Adjust the trims to make it stable on the ground first. Then do a small hop to check forward/backward drift which is adjusted by turning the servo pushrod turnbuckle clockwise for more reverse or CCW for more forward. Or you may be able to trim it with the transmitter trim knob or slider.

Turning in circles (rudder) is not the same as drifting to the left or right (swashplate error).
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:48 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredherb View Post
went to use it today and it wouldnt respond to inputs

You did try a new set of transmitter batteries? Or one cell may be in backwards.

On mine, the battery holder comes out to insert the bottom cells. There is a connector on the side of the battery holder - try cleaning with alchohol both sets of contacts. The battery holder has separators between cells - try removing the cells and putting them back in.
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 01, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Turns out it was the circuit board. All go once again. Must have messed up something in a hard landing.
Sacredherb is offline Find More Posts by Sacredherb
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
Kuntryflier
United States, MS, Pelahatchie
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
I have found if you take the 9100,9104,9053,9101 and tear them all apart put them in a box and shake it up you will have just as good of heli as you started with I'm new to this but I agree spend your money on a good four Chanel what you spend on these you could buy one good one I know for I have 12 pieces of hong long junk put new upgraded motors, batteries and gears and I still have very fast uncomtroable junk o.k I'm done ranting hope it helps
Leesburg77 is offline Find More Posts by Leesburg77
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:33 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
The DH9104 metal airframe is really quite good and once trimmed is fun to fly.

But the radio is another story. There are two RF noisy brushed motors. The frame has seven metal parts and an ohmeter says none of them are connected - they should be bonded (metal or wire) with each other for better shielding.

Some conductive paint inside the canopy would be nice.

I did some range checks and was shocked to find that the best was when the receiver antenna was wrapped (folded) around the skid, just as it came out of the box. They must have tuned the receiver that way. Unwrapping the antenna should be much better (49MHz) and I plan to retune the receiver from underneath the Electronic Speed Controller board.

For now, though, my transmitter is in many scattered parts as I redraw the schematic. The schematic is a bunch of notes on the back of a utility bill, but it looks logical. I have a few quick improvements in mind now that I know what it looks like.

My DH9104 loves to crash into a wire fence in my back yard. Amazing that after a dozen hard crashes into that fence and nearby trees and power lines above, there is no damage except where the flybar keeps denting the tail boom.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
962 Posts
Ribble,

It seems to me you spent a lot of time with 9104 and acquired a lot of knowledge. I have a DH9104 in my collection. Every time I started flying her I had problems. I added the 14 grams inside the canopy to keep her moving forward. Then the 14 grams weight on the left skid to counter balance the tail motor turn. Then all of a sudden I was loosing her during flight for few secs and coming back. Today, no wind at all I flew her, and again the same loss of power and recover. When I looked closely I found out that the red plug into the body was half way in. Wow, I pushed it in I flew with no problem. To make the long story short I recharged the battery three times with three consecutive flights. Pushed all the way in and no loss of power whatsoever. Now I am happy a camper! I thought of sharing my experience with the 9104 owners. Happy flying and landings.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Thetis - Red plug from battery causing power dropouts. The last place I'd look because when something doesn't work, I pull that plug.

That's interesting. Will have to look closer at those contacts and see if there is an alignment problem. If nothing else, poor connection would cause lower voltage and the symptoms could account for much of the crazy stuff that happens for no reason.

DH9053, DH9101, DH9104, Hawkspy LT-711 models have same connector (?) and with 7.4v systems they pull a lot of amps through that plug.

Some contact grease or bending the pins may prevent the problem. I may be able to see scratches on the contacts to see where they mate.

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good place to add a bypass capacitor when I try to clean up the radio noise from the helicopter. And I will try a temporary large electrolytic capacitor there to see if it stops what could be a voltage drop when the rotor starts.
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 11, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Dialing In the 9104

Got mine today. Went to the hobby shop and picked up a pack of thread link bars and a small set of link bars with adjustable ball link ends. The ones on the 9104 are a tad smaller than what I got, but managed to get it work. I will post pics later. I actually created a new swashplate link from the servo with ball links on the servo, also. Probably over kill, but I tend to over engineer things. So, I took the stock arm and used it on the right side of the front swashplate connection so I have and adjustable link there. Going to either order a couple of the stock links to tighten everything up or create another link. Took it out and got it up with no problem and does seem to move pretty good. There was even a light headwind and was able to make ground at 30-40 ft altitude. It was drifting left and leaning right(even put one weight on the left skid), so I tried to dial it in a little more. Time ended until after the football game and went out after dark with a good flood lamp. With advice of the tail rotor pushing left, I cut about 1/2 centimeter off each end and was unable to see much difference. Well, due to light and gravel around, I gave up. More tomorrow.
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59