HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
no typo my brother had extra had a extra one and mine the housing was broke and the axle for the gear was bent thought it would fit until the one for a 45 came in i just bought the mjx645 and order a few extra parts for that also so i will have to wait for a new motor then try it again if you think this is the problem and thanks for the help
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:25 AM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
No Problem. Good Luck with it!
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
i just put my old motor from the 9104 on and same thing is happening so i held in in my hand turned on and rear motor is intermited so i pluged in other motor left it sitting and same thing happen do you think the pc board is defective
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:46 AM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
If the tail motor is still turning, chance are the pcb is still good. The motor is probably bad. As in most of this thread, everyone complains about the tail motors going bad. I think the main problem for this is the motor is enclosed in a plastic housing and cannot release heat, thus the brushes and bearing wear out at an accelerated rate. The honey bee has an open direct drive motor which you can put a heatsink on to take away a little heat. These motors go bad, also, but not so fast. I have experienced this myself. When you get it flying correctly, you will notice you loosing control of the tail first as voltage drops. Then, when it wears out even more, you won't be able to control it much due to the tail motor going bad. I don't know here you are at, but you can order a complete tail boom which comes with a motor and all wiring for the 9104 or go the mjx f45 modification and use its tail which, from what I have read, is a better unit. Only other option is a heavy modification to the entire airframe, to include brushless motors front/rear which will need a brushless electronic speed control (ESC) receiver, tx. Are you getting the idea? Of course this cost money. You have to weigh the cost of modification vice a different/better helicopter. I modified my 9104 extensively with different TX/RX controller and various tail motors. I just like modifying. Just like the commercial: Priceless! It is on the shelf until I get my 450 flying correctly. If you can find a tail motor and mount for a honey bee (look up the 7.4V) version), it is a better motor. Just make sure it is for 7.4V and not 11V. They are getting hard to find, though. In my opinion, learned from hard lessons, just order a few tail motor/booms and fly until you want to move up to the next level of heli or pursue heavy mods.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
both rear motor only spins at light throttle anything more it stops reguardless of position of transmitter contols that is why i think maybe the 9117 board is defective
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:54 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
You maybe right. Only way to check is with a voltmeter on the motor to make sure whether or not it is getting voltage.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Ok i have the plastic vent removed so that is expose.i appreciate the help with this alot
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:33 AM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Are the wire ends exposed at the motor? It has been quite a long time since I took the tail apart. If so, just check your voltage there with your meter. If not, you can actually measure the voltage at the pcb. Just pull the plug and measure at the pins. When you increase throttle, the voltage will rise and lower with throttle. Same thing with the main motor. Look back in the thread and Ribble did quite a bit of measurements on voltage on the 9104. I will look, also.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Thanks for that i will check when i get home .
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
well i got home and ordered a new pc i checked the voltage and it went to 1.41volts then dropped to zero
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Yes, that is a little low! No way it can drive the tail motor.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
9104 transmitter & circut board

Hello,
Just recently got my Dh 9104...1st it would not receive a signal out of the box
Somehow it just started to work. Flew it twice without any crashes. It flew good.
Now the heli will only respond to the transmitter when its about 1 foot away. The red light on the circuit will cut off when I go more than 1 ft away. I have a new board otw, but can this problem be fixes? Is the circuit board or transmitter?
Help me!! Please!!
dbranch2480 is offline Find More Posts by dbranch2480
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:27 AM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Make sure you have a good connection of the antenna wire on the pcb and make sure you antenna has a good connection in the TX. Since it did fly, chances are it is something not that bad. I had one and went through a little of all of this. Loads of info is in this thread on problems and mods. Have fun!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
9104 transmitter & circut board

I fiddled around with attenna wire on PCB. That's how it worked the first time. The attena looks like it is connected. So your saying I should take TX apart and see if its connected right???. Sometimes the blades just pulse. I did use a longer attenna off a 27mhz b/c it was longer. That's also when it worked. Switch back and forth and still same problem.
dbranch2480 is offline Find More Posts by dbranch2480
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:05 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
A few people, from what I remember, found the antenna connection inside the TX loose. Worth checking out. If that is not it, you got me as you had it flying. Did you do a range test when it did fly? What was the max you think you had it away from the TX when flying? Back in the post are instructions on how to tune the PCB receiver to match the TX for max range. I actually did it myself and had about 80 meters or so. These are not great TXs for range. That is why the new generation have gone to 2.4MHz. I still have mine laying around somewhere as I moved to a 6-ch mod. If you can't find the post on tuning, let me know.