SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Pull a FET off the DH9104 PCB and solder that in parallel with the DH9116 FET.

If that works, then the FETs you are using require too high of a gate voltage or are too slow or not low enough Rds.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
Hi guys,

Im really interested to modify my 9104 to 4channel version.

What do you think about this MJX F-series transmitter & PCB board (60$).

http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm

...or should i wait that 9117:s transmitter & PCB comes to shops
the MJX should work but @ 50 meters has about half of the reported coverage of the DH9116 which by the way is not even close to 100 meters is more like 40 to 50 feet before you loose servo control.

so basically i am in the same situation looking for a 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 at an affordable price to convert my DH 9116 for longer range.

7.4v brushed motor controller for single rotor fp heli with tail motor

myself I am looking to pair it up with a spktrum 2.4g receiver as I have collected a few of these from crashed heli's & they give me acceptable range for the area I fly in.

those looking for a 4 in 1 the best match Ive found is from the nine eagles 220A, receiver NE11015400, Transmitter NE30300200000 but buying the two at full retail U could buy the whole heli for the same price, so is a good option if you have the NE220A or can pick up a crashed one cheap for parts.

my problem seems more a reception issue as the receiver antenna is a printed circuit pattern on the PCB it is not very good, I will try soldering on two 1 inch wires to the end of the pattern & see if that improves the distance.
JoeNezZ is offline Find More Posts by JoeNezZ
Last edited by JoeNezZ; May 02, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 08:02 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
I used the Esky 0701 3n1 controller. It is 7.4V. Look over my post and you will see the mods. Quite extensive, but it flies great.
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Old May 01, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldepeza View Post
Hey Ribble........I'M baaaaaaaaaaaack....lol...quiz done..finals in a few....but i got my HAUSLER 450 T-Rex CLONE....AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOWOWOWOWOWOW......this thing is big....also got the batteries with it....think i came out very good. came with metal boom and exact FlySky Tx as i have already just the top switches are shorter.......this should be fun......I'm actually excited but scared...yes...intimidated.......will send you guys pics soon,i'm still at work
yes I thought mine would be fun too but my back yard was too small & its one scary heli, the two things I learned was that fiberglass is not very forgiving when they hit trees & trailers & you need lots of wide open space A lots of time on your hands to master one of these.

after a year of crashes & rebuilds I got pretty good at the setup but sold it this spring in favor of the DH 9116 a lot more enjoyable to fly & more suited to my size of yard
JoeNezZ is offline Find More Posts by JoeNezZ
Old May 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNezZ View Post
after a year of crashes & rebuilds I got pretty good at the setup but sold it this spring in favor of the DH 9116 a lot more enjoyable to fly & more suited to my size of yard
These "toy" helicopters are fun to fly and can take unbelievable abuse. Unfortunately, people equate "inexpensive" with "cheap", move on to "hobby grade", and the fun factor is traded for blood, sweat, and tears.
Last edited by Ribble; May 01, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:14 AM
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
These "toy" helicopters are fun to fly and can take unbelievable abuse. Unfortunately, people equate "inexpensive" with "cheap", move on to "hobby grade", and the fun factor is traded for blood, sweat, and tears.
yup it is a very time consuming and cash eating hobby,but which hobbies are'nt.........sometimes the extra technicality of it can take away the fun but guess mastering the technicalities can also take away the expense or at least minimise it..........
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Old May 02, 2012, 12:39 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldepeza View Post
yup it is a very time consuming and cash eating hobby
I forgot to mention that I never flew a full battery without crashing. Though last week I have managed to actually land a V911 twice.

My 450V2 is going to stay in the box until I either learn to fly the "toys" without crashing or have the patience to hover more than five seconds. From day one I wanted to buy a 450 class helicopter. Now that I have one, I can't find a reason to fly it.

Blame it on the DH9104 which I bought to destroy and it refused to quit.

Hey Michael, are there seasons where you live? Like winter and summer, or are you too close to the equator.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:47 AM
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
I forgot to mention that I never flew a full battery without crashing. Though last week I have managed to actually land a V911 twice.

My 450V2 is going to stay in the box until I either learn to fly the "toys" without crashing or have the patience to hover more than five seconds. From day one I wanted to buy a 450 class helicopter. Now that I have one, I can't find a reason to fly it.

Blame it on the DH9104 which I bought to destroy and it refused to quit.

Hey Michael, are there seasons where you live? Like winter and summer, or are you too close to the equator.

we just have the rainy season and the dry season.
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Old May 03, 2012, 12:11 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts

Michael don't miss formula one valencia gp after 10d ;]
doncissss is offline Find More Posts by doncissss
Old May 03, 2012, 02:04 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
For last few days my DH hasn't flied any higher than 10-20 inches....I have tryed 5 different batteries (LiPo:s and Li-Ion:s)...they should be OK...so i thought that my original main motor must be dead.

Do you have any suggestions for new main motor?

....Graupner Speed 300 7.2 v maybe??
I got new motor and now my DH is flying again
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old May 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts

yeas those motors ar werry bad .. good just for some weeks
doncissss is offline Find More Posts by doncissss
Old May 04, 2012, 03:43 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Hey guys, I've just ordered a new 9117 and wanted to get a feel on what spares to order. I know most of you guys have modified your 9104's but what are the parts that fail? I know on my 9116 tail motors go all the time. Thanks in advance
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 04, 2012, 11:01 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
I've just ordered a new 9117 and wanted to get a feel on what spares to order.
The DH9117 gets bigger every time I look at it. Last I saw they were up to Li-Ion 7.4v 1300mah battery, same as DH9104.

No part failures as I am very quick to kill throttle before crash. Motors also are fine.

Crash damage:
Shattered canopy
Missing a tail boom support
Landing skid repaired with glue

Hundred or so crashes. Lots of dents on blades, and tail boom from flybar strikes. Still original blades, have not opened supplied pack of main and tail blades.

Much night flying in snow, rain, sub-freezing temperatures. Plastic parts may be brittle.
---

Thanks for reminding me. First time order for DH9104 parts. Slow boat from China (16 days typical)

Chopper Tail Unit DH9104-14 $5.51
Decorative Bar 2 sets of 2 DH9104-13 $5.00
Head cover DH9104-24 set of 2 $7.00
Connect buckle DH9104-02 2 sets $5.00
Undercarriage DH9104-18 2 sets $6.51

DH9104 parts "Free" shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/4...are-parts.html
---

They had 551 orders in the 20 minutes it took me to decide what I wanted.
Was thinking it was a one man operation. Nope.
---

60 sets of battery + 2 LEDs ($0.38 each) - gonna do some serious night flying with DH9104 and V911's
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Last edited by Ribble; May 04, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 04:34 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Thanks ribble, do you have a link to a suitable replacement LIpo battery that will fit???
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Thanks ribble, do you have a link to a suitable replacement LIpo battery that will fit???
No. And does anyone really know what the DH9117 is and what battery size it wants.

DH9104 and DH9053 use the same battery. Could be you know more about replacement batteries than I do.

When the DH9104 came out, finding batteries was a problem and I was helicopter ignorant. Bought four 1000mah that were cheap, about the right size, most important had the right connectors.

Not as good as the stock 7.4v 1300mah Li-Ion and I never did get the balance right. They worked and I stopped looking for DH9104 batteries. Plus it was winter here and the batteries lasted longer than my frozen fingers.

1000mah 7.4v LiPo, thinner than stock, same connectors
Turnigy 1000mAh 2S 20C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse) $3.84
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20841
Last edited by Ribble; May 04, 2012 at 05:43 PM.