HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Walkera wants everybody to buy the latest and greatest "DEVO" line of transmitters and receivers. The older ones left behind in the dust at interesting prices.

Maybe call one of the stores and ask them. I think the odds are that a 6 channel transmitter of a given brand will work with the same brand 4 channel receivers as long as they are the same product line (older Vs newer product lines).

Find something available at the right price, TX and RX, send the store an email saying what you want. May even get a better deal than what is advertised.

Same line as the 4 channel $16 transmitter posted earlier.
6 ch $16 - Out of stock
http://www.clubheli.com/Walkera-6-Ch...03_p_3408.html

Christmas inventory may be gone, awaiting end of Chinese new year 2/5/2012 for the shippers to get back to work, retuning from their rural villages.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 24, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
thanks alot Ribble and Ken 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Walkera wants everybody to buy the latest and greatest "DEVO" line of transmitters and receivers. The older ones left behind in the dust at interesting prices.

Maybe call one of the stores and ask them. I think the odds are that a 6 channel transmitter of a given brand will work with the same brand 4 channel receivers as long as they are the same product line (older Vs newer product lines).

Find something available at the right price, TX and RX, send the store an email saying what you want. May even get a better deal than what is advertised.

Same line as the 4 channel $16 transmitter posted earlier.
6 ch $16 - Out of stock
http://www.clubheli.com/Walkera-6-Ch...03_p_3408.html

Christmas inventory may be gone, awaiting end of Chinese new year 2/5/2012 for the shippers to get back to work, retuning from their rural villages.

thanks alot guys...you have made my lifelong dream (since age 15) of getting into R/C a real pleasure. will keep you posted on progress. really suffering to fly these days...we've had a week of constant rain......
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Here is a 6ch combo.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html
Ken59 is online now Find More Posts by Ken59
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Ken, saw a note written by BALR that may be meaningful:

"Anyway, with respect to using an ESky TX, and RX for a conversion, please keep in mind the DH helis have a 120 swashplate, while Esky helis have 90 swashplates. The DH PCB or transmitter must perform some mixing functions that the ESky PCB and transmitter do not need to do. A conversion may not work very well.

I think an ESky 6 channel TX would mix better, but the base settings are really nasty and it isn't programmable."
---

Along the same lines, I was thinking that the DH9116 transmitter and receiver PCB may do some unwanted mixing for the 120 degree swashplate.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
I should be good since I have converted mine to a 90 degree. I just have to fit the servo for roll, which should not be too hard to figure out.

Man, I am still trying to find a compatible and more reliable tail unit for the 9104. It is difficult, to say the least, to find all the parts in stock. I have seen another mod with a Walkera tail set, but I can't seem to find all the parts. I should have the replacement in by the end of the week and will drill the holes in the housing for heat release. Due to the rate of failures of these motors, I think I will put and another order to have at least 3 extra on hand.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
I kinda think buying all the parts in one package from Walkera, or Esky would be less of a hair pulling experience.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
May have just found the answer for the 9104 tail. Here is the link. I also ordered 2 heatsinks to attach to the new motor. It should be on the same power curve as it is rated for the Esky Honey Bee CP3. At least I can get replacement motors, also. I will let everyone know how it works. I may have to get a bushing to fit it to the boom if needed. I should see it on Friday!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Ken. I have too many windows open and am lost in computerland.

Maybe this helps:
Upgrade Your Tail Motor to Direct Drive (DD) for your
2.4 GHz Walkera CB180D / Exceed Madhawk 300 4-Channel
Fixed Pitched Electric Helicopter
http://www.rtf-heli.com/WALKERA_CB180D_DD.html
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Thanks! We will see how the one I ordered works! It looks to be at the same price. Shipping was nearly as much as the parts! Oh well, the price to play!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:29 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken59 View Post
At the bottom they have extra R6B receivers for $9.00 each.

And links to schematics and manuals
http://www.mycoolheli.com/t6config.html

Links to FCC filings from manufacturer by MoFl
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423

Hand drawn too by MoFl
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=565

Lots of interesting stuff for techo-nuts dweebs like me. Thanks Ken.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
flybar?

hey guys .....can a flybar work in favor of a 9104 instead of the present gyro? just silly question

http://www.rcboca.com/media/catalog/.../l/blh3111.jpg
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
On the DH9104 the flybar is a metal wire with end weights that spins at the top of (with) the rotor. It acts like a stable metal disc with the helicopter hanging underneath. If the helicopter (underneath this "metal disk") tilts in any direction, the "metal disk" at the top tends to not change from a level position and is connected by links to the main blades to change the pitch of the main blades trying to correct the helicopter tilt underneath.

The gyro is an electronic component on the Electronic Speed Controller board which senses rotation (yaw) in the horizontal plane and causes the tail rotor to speed up or slow down, trying to "un-rotate" the helicopter.

The flybar cannot sense rotation (yaw) and the gyro cannot sense tilting. But together they correct motions (error) that the other doesn't see.
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 26, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Hey! I just got the 9104 back together and just running the stock tail rotor on it. With just a couple of turns on the buckle for the swashplate, I got it to hover quite nicely. Of course I had to come in due to low battery. When I mod the tail to direct drive, I will let everyone know how it works. Oh, the stock tail I ordered was wired in reverse! I had to scratch my head for a moment as why it was not trimming out.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
The DH9104 swashplate has go to be getting cramped with the KenMod01, KenMod02, KenMod03, etc.

Suggest you gain some working room:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-BIG-5...d=310409831643

From the guys in the DH9116 thread.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:35 PM
LearningFast
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
You mean the copter or the girl in the background??? I will take the girl!

Oh, more mod parts in on order. 4ch coming along! And, yes, the swashplate will get extremely cramped.