SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
That video link works. Didn't see a link before or do I have to go somewhere else.

No flexing. Maybe the way to judge perfection is to look for swashplate moving up and down. Doesn't look like it is moving.

I noticed before that you still have the pushrod out on the end of the servo arm. Better wait until after flight test, but you should have plenty of forward/back now.

Yes that looks real nice. Still doing replays.

I like the way the swashplate rocks below the pivot, like a cradle. Haven't seen that before.

And you pass the slow-motion test. Just a wee bit of swashplate moving up on pitch forward (helicopter will rise) and a wee bit of swashplate moving down on pitch back (helicopter will drop). Would be interesting if you can actually see it during flight. Only see it on first half of video. Last half OK or a bit of the opposite. Maybe you have some aileron dialed in and the camera angle changes my reference.

Just looked at my DH9104. All OK with FORWARD/BACKWARD knob in center. With turned full CW, full up pitch actually lifts the main gear up. With turned full CCW, full down pitch stalls the servo because the anti-rotation pin hits the top of the slide. Could be the only way to fix this is to move the pushrod to the innermost hole on the servo arm for less travel. Gotta play with it.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:02 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Do believe this is happening due to not being directly on the same plane as the pivot ball on the swashplate. If I had a little bit higher rise on the links, it would be better, but I worked with what I had at hand. I am probably 1.5 to 2 mm lower than the pivot. Maybe next time. I wish I was in PA as I have an old friend who can has a machine shop in his house and I am sure he could make me something out of aluminum. Maybe if I mod it to 4ch later???
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:03 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Oh, Thanks for the kind words!
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:36 AM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Does anyone know of a better tail motor for 9104 than stock? I just like options. Thanks!
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
i'm back

ok guys i'm back...at work but so addicted to this that i had to check out the forum.
Ribble and ken 59 i can't get the idea of modifying this 9014 to 4ch out of my mind.
i know its possible after looking at some of the pics Ribble did showing space on PCB for fourth channel. what i wanna know is if the transmitter can also be modded?
i checked out all the parts needed from 9116 to convert 9014 to four channel including a new 9116 PCB (which by the way is $13)

links:

9116 PCB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3124wt_952

Servo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3124wt_952

9116 Swashplate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280741908094

Buckles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3205wt_952
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Thought of this myself. It was mentioned the 9116 board might not be able to handle the 370 motor of the 9104. It could be worth a shot, but I am also looking up parts (new receiver, 3n1 controller, and TX. I saw a 4ch TX with receiver on hobbypartz. com for around $35, or so. Then, options are open yet for the other parts. I just don't want to by the 9116 parts and blow the board. It might be cheaper just to by the 9116 complete and give it a shot and then if the board blows, get a new board and fly the 9116 again. I did a swash plate mod, see video link earlier, and since it is a 90 degree plate, I can actually use it for a 4ch, also. I might actually be better, from what I have learned, than the set up used by DH. When you activate on servo, it will affect the other. On a 90 degree, vice 120, one movement should not affect the other. Look at at this. http://www.iroquois.free-online.co.uk/ccpm.htm
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:48 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
michaeldepeza -

Anything can be modified. The DH9104 transmitter certainly isn't on my list. Cheaper, faster, better, to simply buy something newer.

DH9104 transmitter schematic
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571121

The $13 DH9116 receiver PCB is on 2.4GHz and best to get a matching DH9116 2.4GHz transmitter. I don't see any reasonable alternative.

Cost wise, best to simply buy a DH9116. There are many new RC helicopters coming out this year with the latest technology, mostly 3-axis gyros and flybarless rotors. There is no reason to think that either the DH9104 or DH9116 are anything special.

V120D02S - Read this as a hint as to what is being done with newer plastics.
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-v1...m-edition.html
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
Killbucket advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post

The main PCB on the copter has what looks like a missing FET and a servo connector,

and the Tx has an un-used contact set.


It appears that only a few components


MAY be needed to get another channel going.


The Tx throw for the un-used axis is locked out with a small widget. Hot melt glue to hold the pots in factory setting was "not forgotten"
Notice the PCB says "SH-9100T-01"


hey bro now reviewed your notations on missing 4ch components. are those missing things and a 9116 swashplate,links/buckles and servo all that will be necessary to convert to 4ch?
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken59 View Post
Thought of this myself. It was mentioned the 9116 board might not be able to handle the 370 motor of the 9104. It could be worth a shot, but I am also looking up parts (new receiver, 3n1 controller, and TX. I saw a 4ch TX with receiver on hobbypartz. com for around $35, or so. Then, options are open yet for the other parts. I just don't want to by the 9116 parts and blow the board. It might be cheaper just to by the 9116 complete and give it a shot and then if the board blows, get a new board and fly the 9116 again. I did a swash plate mod, see video link earlier, and since it is a 90 degree plate, I can actually use it for a 4ch, also. I might actually be better, from what I have learned, than the set up used by DH. When you activate on servo, it will affect the other. On a 90 degree, vice 120, one movement should not affect the other. Look at at this. http://www.iroquois.free-online.co.uk/ccpm.htm


wow great reading it looks...will go through it thoroughly when i get the chance.........
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
ok then.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
michaeldepeza -

Anything can be modified. The DH9104 transmitter certainly isn't on my list. Cheaper, faster, better, to simply buy something newer.

DH9104 transmitter schematic
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571121

The $13 DH9116 receiver PCB is on 2.4GHz and best to get a matching DH9116 2.4GHz transmitter. I don't see any reasonable alternative.

Cost wise, best to simply buy a DH9116. There are many new RC helicopters coming out this year with the latest technology, mostly 3-axis gyros and flybarless rotors. There is no reason to think that either the DH9104 or DH9116 are anything special.

V120D02S - Read this as a hint as to what is being done with newer plastics.
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-v1...m-edition.html
ok then bro....i get it.....was a bit excited about possibility......saving to buy a car and trying to take care of my new daughter and her mom so this was my new joy for now...buying a series af helis evrytime is not really my budgetary ambition so i'm considering my next heli buy to be a 6ch when i get that good......big jump trying to bypass 4ch but had i known beforehand i would've bought the 9116 first......
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldepeza View Post
big jump trying to bypass 4ch but had i known beforehand i would've bought the 9116 first
What makes you think that the DH9116 is better than the DH9104. The DH9116 is smaller, has less mass, smaller battery, and doesn't by default fly better.

Think of the DH9104 as something you can demolish over the next year while learning how to fly it.

Buy one of these things and download FMS and HeliSim free simulators. Biggest bang for the buck you will ever buy. Better to crash and burn on a simulator so you will do it less on the real model.

RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Kit
http://www.xheli.com/new6chflsico.html

"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
What makes you think that the DH9116 is better than the DH9104. The DH9116 is smaller, has less mass, smaller battery, and doesn't by default fly better.

Think of the DH9104 as something you can demolish over the next year while learning how to fly it.

Buy one of these things and download FMS and HeliSim free simulators. Biggest bang for the buck you will ever buy. Better to crash and burn on a simulator so you will do it less on the real model.

RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Kit
http://www.xheli.com/new6chflsico.html


lol.....not saying it is bro...don't get me wrong jus seen it being recommended so many times. but i'm in love with learning about my 9104. BTW i downloaded the HeliSim but how do i get to control it i doubt the 9104 controller can be hooked to it so what do i use?
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
No, DH9104 controller will not work with any flight simulator.

RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Kit is a fake transmitter (controller) that feels like the real thing and doesn't need batteries, so you can crash and burn all you like.

With HeliSim, I set the speed to 1/2 and added some mass to the Sport450 and it flies pretty close to the DH-9104 if you don't cheat with ailerons. Or you can cheat with ailerons to get an idea how the DH9116 flies.

Took me 5 hours to learn how to hover in HeliSim. So it is challenging.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
scrap that

hey scrap the last part about hooking up controller....i opened link....(blonde moment) jeez.........lol
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered User
michaeldepeza's Avatar
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
Battery Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
And I am a bit uneasy telling you how to burn your house down. So at least understand the dangers of shorting a Li-Ion or LiPo battery pack. This can very easily happen with metal objects around a hot ESC board. Or you break the board in half and all hell breaks loose.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

read the article you recommended and bloody thing scared me.....question.

can the charger that comes with 9104 charge lipos or do i also need to buy balancer and separate charger?

read the description on this battery and they said something about built in balanced charging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4046wt_1185
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Double Horse 9100 Series 3-channel Helis killbucket Mini Helis 1500 May 13, 2013 01:41 PM
Discussion New Double Horse 9100 3 Channel Co-Axial Helicopter w/ Built in Gyro chanerz Coaxial Helicopters 86 Apr 13, 2012 07:12 AM
New Product New Double Horse 9101 3 Channel Co-Axial Helicopter w/ Built in Gyro thercguy Coaxial Helicopters 40 Jan 11, 2012 05:24 PM
Sold 9089 Double Horse Shuttle Electric Heli w/Video DVR Senor Jack Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Apr 10, 2011 08:15 PM
Mini-Review Double Horse 9100 3-channel copter -Image Heavy! killbucket Electric Heli Talk 0 Jan 30, 2011 05:50 PM