HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:23 PM
Just trying to fly...
Dr. Evil's Avatar
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Discussion
Calling all chaos 600 owners

Hey guys and girls, I am starting this thread cause I was tired of searching through several different "Chaos" related threads to find questions and answers being posted.

That said, all Chaos owners are welcome ofcause but this thread will be mainly combining the following threads thats already out there about the Chaos 600:

QUICK LOOK at RCAerodyne Chaos 600 ESP clone
RC Aerodyne Chaos 600 Pro Kit - Scorpion Edition Review
Chaos 600 limited edition combo kit unboxed


So please if all possible, can we all start posting here for a central location where we can all help each other at one place!

Thank you and let the Chaos begin!!!
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:30 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
helifrek's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,853 Posts
posted in the other thread but I'll start fresh here

Loooong sigh, deeeeeep breath

who would have know my tail would go out of course I was up in the air and sideways. I immediately hit throttle hold. there was a cop car coming down the road and I somehow managed to plant it about 3 feet in front of his car. I guess I should go out to the middle of the field to fly. I will probably order a whole new kit but at first glance the damage is

canopy
1 battery
blades
mainshaft
feathering shaft
flybar
flybar paddles (might be able to reuse)
tail boom
torque tube
most if not all of the t/r gearbox assy
skids
a few head linkages
maybe the main blade grips

I am pretty sure the electronics are all good, no stripped servos! I am not exactly sure why the tail went out but I was doing some crazy hard stuff with the tail going from one extreme to the other and I think it stripped the t/r gearbox gears because they are all chewed up. I'll post pics later if I can bear to look at it. thank god I get paid friday, and the wife gets paid, and my income taxes will come in too! shouldn't be grounded for long I hope.
helifrek is online now Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!
Eddge's Avatar
United States, VA, Gloucester
Joined Jul 2007
345 Posts
Sorry for your loss. After reading about tt failures, I decided I would go with the belt drive version. Technology doesn't always make things better. Whatever limitations the belt drive has, I can live with it if it keeps the tail rotor turning!
Eddge is online now Find More Posts by Eddge
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:35 PM
Just trying to fly...
Dr. Evil's Avatar
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek View Post
posted in the other thread but I'll start fresh here

Loooong sigh, deeeeeep breath

who would have know my tail would go out of course I was up in the air and sideways. I immediately hit throttle hold. there was a cop car coming down the road and I somehow managed to plant it about 3 feet in front of his car. I guess I should go out to the middle of the field to fly. I will probably order a whole new kit but at first glance the damage is

canopy
1 battery
blades
mainshaft
feathering shaft
flybar
flybar paddles (might be able to reuse)
tail boom
torque tube
most if not all of the t/r gearbox assy
skids
a few head linkages
maybe the main blade grips

I am pretty sure the electronics are all good, no stripped servos! I am not exactly sure why the tail went out but I was doing some crazy hard stuff with the tail going from one extreme to the other and I think it stripped the t/r gearbox gears because they are all chewed up. I'll post pics later if I can bear to look at it. thank god I get paid friday, and the wife gets paid, and my income taxes will come in too! shouldn't be grounded for long I hope.
Dude, I am so sorry to hear that bro.! Do you think that tail piece you showed a pic. of had anything to do with it? Gosh...I hate it for you man! The only other person I recall losing control of their tail was due to a self tapping linkage ball that came undone.
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:37 PM
Just trying to fly...
Dr. Evil's Avatar
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
BTW, thank you guys for starting fresh here. I think this will help us all stay in touch alot better @ one location.
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
helifrek's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,853 Posts
I am pretty sure I overstressed the tail and stripped the gears. everything else seems to be intact on the tail except the gears. @Eddge, this was my first and maybe last torque tube. at least a belt will skip and the belt driven kit is a little cheaper too!
helifrek is online now Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:08 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Helifrek,

Sorry for the mishap. I've got all three sizes, 450, 500 and 600. Not all Chaos. But all torque tubes.. I've had a lot of troubles with the 450 crown gears stripping on the tt. As time goes on, I'm with you. Back to belt drives.

On my 600, I've got the conversion kit to go back to belt drive. Might be a good weekend project. Lol!

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:49 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
IM here Man sorry to hear about the heli...That sucks!!! Glad you will get it back up and goin at least.....I'm ordering my parts to get back in the air tommorow....:Been a long week waiting to pull the trigger...

BTW has anyone heard or delt with genesis hobbies? Looking a set of blades from them as they a a semi reasonable price...

If anyone can suggest a better deal or close in price better quality let me know....

-Jeff
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!
Eddge's Avatar
United States, VA, Gloucester
Joined Jul 2007
345 Posts
For the type of flying we do, I don't think the minute power and speed advantage of a tt is required. I believe we all are just trying to have a good time with a nice big 600 size heli without breaking the bank. If it were otherwise, we'd all be flying high dollar birds with name brand components. A friend of mine is flying an HK 500 and loving it all the way to the bank. It keeps him and his wife happy, even after a crash. I have another friend with a Logo 600SE that he spared no expense on. Kontronic motor and esc, composite frames, 3 bladed tail rotor, carbon fiber canopy, etc. I have yet to see him fly it, which makes my point pretty well.

I fly foamies for fixed wing fun. They are really cheap and a thrill to fly. I can usually get a few weekends out of one before it's too heavy to fly right!
Eddge is online now Find More Posts by Eddge
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:51 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,089 Posts
Hi Guys

I plan to buy this kit sometime in the future as a winter build.

I had a few questions on which path to go down and now one question has been answered.. the TT or Belt.

I will now be getting the belt as it seems that not only this heli but everyone with TT has more issues then a belt setup.

Now I have to choose between the elect. kit or bare-bones.
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!
Eddge's Avatar
United States, VA, Gloucester
Joined Jul 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
BTW, thank you guys for starting fresh here. I think this will help us all stay in touch alot better @ one location.
Great idea Doc. Thanks for doing it!
Eddge is online now Find More Posts by Eddge
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:57 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
I went the super combo kit and seems to be great stuff...Havnt got any time on it due to my crash (reversed gyro...NO FAULT OF RCA's)..but bench testing everything seems to be up to par...

Kinda hard to beat for $499.00 shipped to your door...I looked into the hk600 and with everything I was going to need (from hobbyking.com) i was at almost 800.00 not changing the needed parts to align stuff.... Im into mine about 650 and its complete...
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!
Eddge's Avatar
United States, VA, Gloucester
Joined Jul 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Hi Guys

I plan to buy this kit sometime in the future as a winter build.

I had a few questions on which path to go down and now one question has been answered.. the TT or Belt.

I will now be getting the belt as it seems that not only this heli but everyone with TT has more issues then a belt setup.

Now I have to choose between the elect. kit or bare-bones.
When I can finally put together the money, I'll be going with the $269 kit, a Castle ice 100 off Ebay for about $105, Hyperion servos for $80 for all 4, and a t600 880kv from HK and an 8s setup. This is as good a deal as you can put together anywhere for a good 600.
Eddge is online now Find More Posts by Eddge
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:11 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post

Kinda hard to beat for $499.00 shipped to your door...I looked into the hk600 and with everything I was going to need (from hobbyking.com) i was at almost 800.00 not changing the needed parts to align stuff.... Im into mine about 650 and its complete...
Tell me about it. The quality seems to be very good from the pics and review and far better then HKs 600.
My issue is Im in Australia.. so add another $AU100 for shipping
I wonder if there is any Aussies here that have bought a kit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddge View Post
When I can finally put together the money, I'll be going with the $269 kit, a Castle ice 100 off Ebay for about $105, Hyperion servos for $80 for all 4, and a t600 880kv from HK and an 8s setup. This is as good a deal as you can put together anywhere for a good 600.
Now this setup and price is somewhat what Im thinking. Only diff is I will go a 2x3S pack and only doing sports flying
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:18 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
try looking for the flasher 600...There might be an importer over there and the flasher and the chaos are the same heli...Not sure if you caught that in the previous thread...Might save ya some jack-a-roo!!! lol
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Chaos 600 limited edition combo kit unboxed Dr. Evil Electric Heli Talk 170 Apr 12, 2011 08:32 PM
Discussion Calling All Atlanta Micro Helis antmeeks Atlanta Area RC 27 Mar 23, 2011 01:26 PM
Calling all THERMAL CHARGER owners Scott C Electric Sailplanes 8 Aug 06, 2002 09:43 PM
Calling all (any) UK based Tiny owners wildpalms Parkflyers 3 Jul 01, 2002 04:51 PM
Calling all Schulze controller owners Grimlok75 Power Systems 7 Jul 31, 2001 10:43 AM