HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:03 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Discussion
Suppo Shuttering

So I have a Suppo 2200kv motor on my Stryker. I've had this motor for about 3 years. A few weeks ago I was asked to run the stock motor on 4s and see what I thought. I only ran that motor about 6x's before I swapped it out for the Suppo and a larger esc. So I tried it and it worked but got a little to hot for me so I reinstalled the Suppo system. When I ran it up it shuttered at 3/4-WOT throttle. I just chalked it up to a spent motor since it probably had close to 500 flights. At Toledo this year I bought a new Suppo thinking that would fix the problem. Well the new motor Shutters too. I tried a Turnigy 40, T-Bird36, and an E-Flight 60 and I tried all of the different timings and still it shutters. I changed the prop from a 6x5.5 that pulls 29amps max to a 6x4 that pulls 26amps max and still it shutters just not as much on all the timings. It ran fine for years now I have issues....any thoughts???

Thanks,
Luke
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,352 Posts
Bad solder joint - most likely at the bullet connector. Twist and tap them, then re-flow the solder to each one (or solder direct and by pass the problems of bullet connectors...)
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Thanks I'll check that when I get home. With all he planes I have it s eems weird that it would surface so long after though and on 2 motors. I'll check that and make sure my screws aren't in to far also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:55 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,352 Posts
Oh yeah, trouble shooting 101 - swap out one suspect piece with a good piece... esc or motor. Narrows down the permutations ... Saw that you already did, so problem is esc or the bullets on the esc...
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Well it's got to be the motor(s). Like I said though its been on there for about 3years and ran fine until recently. I'll check everything again when I get back home.

Thanks guys
RCG Plus Member