SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DaOldGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
Joined Aug 2005
3,138 Posts
Nice job Ron.

Yer a star buddy !!
MrFlash is offline Find More Posts by MrFlash
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:08 PM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Ron, nice pics of Toledo. Was in Ohio in mid March and didn't know of the show until it was too late to change plans...Bummer.

Image 3102 brought back childhood memories of days at the beach and this GAF AirTruk would drone along pulling a banner. What was interesting was that as the afternoons wore on the Nor Easter would intensify and the AirTruk would STAGGER into the wind at no more than 5-10 mph, bucking and rolling with the turbulence. But it went home FAST! This aircraft was built by the Government Aircraft Factories in Melbourne Australia as a crop duster and utility aircraft and could carry about 6 pax or a nurse and litter. Not many produced and sadly the GAF closed down after producing the Nomad, typical of increasing complexity and costs of modern aviation.

Enjoy the Spring flying, Dave.
DRAMJET is offline Find More Posts by DRAMJET
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMJET View Post
Ron, nice pics of Toledo. Was in Ohio in mid March and didn't know of the show until it was too late to change plans...Bummer.

Image 3102 brought back childhood memories of days at the beach and this GAF AirTruk would drone along pulling a banner. What was interesting was that as the afternoons wore on the Nor Easter would intensify and the AirTruk would STAGGER into the wind at no more than 5-10 mph, bucking and rolling with the turbulence. But it went home FAST! This aircraft was built by the Government Aircraft Factories in Melbourne Australia as a crop duster and utility aircraft and could carry about 6 pax or a nurse and litter. Not many produced and sadly the GAF closed down after producing the Nomad, typical of increasing complexity and costs of modern aviation.

Enjoy the Spring flying, Dave.
Thats a bad break being so close. It was my first trip to Toledo, I was suprised how little was going on down town on a Friday, I guess tough times have hit everywhere.

That is a great story about the air truk, there is so much history in aviation that its too much to learn, but it is so interesting you try to take in all you can.
I hope to enjoy spring... some day... It snowed a bit again today <as my wife predicted over a month ago> reminding us that it just isn't here yet.

Thanks'
Ron
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy