HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
How am I doing ?

Im buying some FPV equipment and I want to get it right the first time so Im going to ask for some help.( Please, no acronyms ) More than likely I will get everything I can from Hobby Wireless. Im using a Futaba 6AX FM CH37 radio.

This is the Tx and Rx I want to use http://hobbywireless.com/cart/index....products_id=17
Which antennas are best for the Tx and Rx ? Should I get a low pass filter? Should I get a heat sink for the Tx?

These are the goggles. Fat Shark RCV922

Oh, YES I did read for two days on this forum. The more I read the more confused I get.
2gummybear is offline Find More Posts by 2gummybear
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
Thou who know not
USA, MI, Mason
Joined Jul 2010
936 Posts
Read for two days? I won't say anything.
That TX/RX combo should be ok unless you have a mess of cell towers very near your flying field. For antennas spend another day reading http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159968. The "V" antenna on the transmitter works great and a simple ground plane works great on the receiver for shorter range. Building antennas tuned specifically for you operating frequency helps quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gummybear View Post
Im buying some FPV equipment and I want to get it right the first time so Im going to ask for some help.( Please, no acronyms ) More than likely I will get everything I can from Hobby Wireless. Im using a Futaba 6AX FM CH37 radio.

This is the Tx and Rx I want to use http://hobbywireless.com/cart/index....products_id=17
Which antennas are best for the Tx and Rx ? Should I get a low pass filter? Should I get a heat sink for the Tx?

These are the goggles. Fat Shark RCV922

Oh, YES I did read for two days on this forum. The more I read the more confused I get.
Po73 is offline Find More Posts by Po73
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:19 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,769 Posts
Two days of reading is not sufficient. I spent like 2 months just reading stuff on here before even buying anything FPV related. When you can read threads on here and understand almost all of them on your own then you should start.
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:57 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,427 Posts
Read the how-to for beginners guide I wrote. It is a sticky on this forum. Seriously, you should be able to get most everything you need from that to get started.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:55 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2011
72 Posts
I agree, 2 weeks is the minimum.
swing2harmony is offline Find More Posts by swing2harmony