HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Gastronom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 12:49 PM
RC Pilot Extraordinaire
Lawrenceburg, KY
Joined Apr 2003
237 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted: OS .46 FX Header and Tuned pipe

If you've got a header and tuned pipe that is in not so perfect shape, I'm looking for a good deal. I can purchase the full setup from Tower for about $65.00 , which I'll do if no-one has anything I can use.
Gastronom is offline Find More Posts by Gastronom
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2003, 02:41 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
I've got one that I used on an older O.S. 46sf. Might work for you. The header mounting screws are approx. 28mm apart. let me know if it might work for you and I'll send pictures etc...

DM
dmoran is offline Find More Posts by dmoran
Old Aug 15, 2003, 02:51 AM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,413 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
The 46 FX and SF fit the same muffler, I have both and have swapped a Pitts from one to another and matches right up so your tuned pipe will bolt right up with his FX.

Dauntae
Dauntae is offline Find More Posts by Dauntae
Old Aug 15, 2003, 08:15 AM
RC Pilot Extraordinaire
Lawrenceburg, KY
Joined Apr 2003
237 Posts
I tried looking on the OS web site but can't seem to locate that measurement. I'll accept Dauntae's word that they will work together(Thanx Dauntae). Would you send me a pic if you have one or you can just describe the condition. Also, what would it take to get the header and pipe from ya?
How about a lightly used Hangar 9 Micro Digital Tach that I bought about a month ago. It has been sitting in my field box, I've used it a couple of times with my pylon races, here is the link to where I purchased it from, http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/ . Um lemme know what you might need for trade or how much $$ you need for them..
Thanx a million,
Donald
Old Aug 19, 2003, 02:15 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
Gastronom
Sorry about the delay, usually I get an email when somebody responds to a thread I've responded to. I guess when you do a "quick reply" it doesnt do this. Anyhoo...

The pipe is about 15" long without the header. Seems pretty big for a .46 but that's what the guy who sold it to me said it was for. The header is about 5" Will try to attach some pics.

I was thinking $30 shipped would be a fair price. I don't need a tach, but if you have a 4-6 channel FM receiver sitting around I might consider a trade.
Last edited by dmoran; Aug 19, 2003 at 02:26 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 02:25 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
another pic

Header is stained (not rust) and has a pressure tap. Pipe has no dents and would clean up fine with a little steel wool. Let me know what you think.
You can check my ebay rating if you want to (ball-point-inc) not a huge rating but I've been there for quite a while (4/97)
Old Aug 19, 2003, 09:05 AM
RC Pilot Extraordinaire
Lawrenceburg, KY
Joined Apr 2003
237 Posts
Excellent!! I'm sending you a PM with my information.. Thanx a million!!!!!
Closed Thread