HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
Mr.MAPGPS, how did you save the raw navdata into txt file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPGPS View Post
Here is a dump of the raw navdata made by Shawn Fraser:
https://projects.ardrone.org/attachments/339/Flight.zip

You can convert the TXT file into Excel format for easy to read.
Could you kindly explain me how you were able to save the raw navadata into txt file?
jungx148 is offline Find More Posts by jungx148
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:51 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
Hey Guys, If using a Nano, where does pin 2 on the drone connect on the Nano? It goes to the "RAW" pin on the mini but the Nano doesn't have one labeled that.

Thanks.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:09 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Hey Guys, If using a Nano, where does pin 2 on the drone connect on the Nano? It goes to the "RAW" pin on the mini but the Nano doesn't have one labeled that.

Thanks.
It goes to VIN.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:10 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
cool, thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
Sweet! Just got it working! Thanks for everyone that developed and worked on this and the instructions!

FYI, I am running the latest firmware on the drone (using android devices), using a Nano and a Futaba FASST radio system (using the Ornage RX from Hobbyking).

One question. I want to be able to flip a switch to go back and forth between the RX and wifi control. Can I just switch off the 12v out to the nano to disable the RX mod and allow wifi again?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:42 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Sweet! Just got it working! Thanks for everyone that developed and worked on this and the instructions!

FYI, I am running the latest firmware on the drone (using android devices), using a Nano and a Futaba FASST radio system (using the Ornage RX from Hobbyking).

One question. I want to be able to flip a switch to go back and forth between the RX and wifi control. Can I just switch off the 12v out to the nano to disable the RX mod and allow wifi again?
No, unless you can change the program that is uploaded to the drone. It has the hooks for it, but so far there was no need for switching back. Why would you want to go back to wifi?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:44 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
Well, probably would not be too many times that I would want to go back to wifi but just in case. So even if the nano doesn't get any power from the drone, it will still prevent the wifi control from working?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Well, probably would not be too many times that I would want to go back to wifi but just in case. So even if the nano doesn't get any power from the drone, it will still prevent the wifi control from working?
Yes, because if you remove power from the Arduino, the program on the drone is still running. This is why I said you would have to change the program that is running on the drone to cover that situation. It's not that hard, but it would have to be done.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:57 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
oh, I thought the program on the drone was uploaded each time you boot with the nano connected and was in non-persistent memory. I thought that if you boot the drone without the nano connected that wifi control was operable again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
oh, I thought the program on the drone was uploaded each time you boot with the nano connected and was in non-persistent memory. I thought that if you boot the drone without the nano connected that wifi control was operable again.
This is true, I thought you were talking about 'hot switching' between RC and iDev control. A 'cold switch', meaning if you cycle power and the Arduino does not get powered, works by design.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:14 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
Oh, yeah, I mean a switch to disconnect the power to the nano, then boot the drone. Cool, thanks for your development on this.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:23 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Oh, yeah, I mean a switch to disconnect the power to the nano, then boot the drone. Cool, thanks for your development on this.
Just disconnect the plug from the Arduino to the drone and everything is back to 'normal' when you power up the drone. This is the beauty of Plug&Play.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Just disconnect the plug from the Arduino to the drone and everything is back to 'normal' when you power up the drone. This is the beauty of Plug&Play.
But don't let the cable just dangle. It can cause the drone to act 'twitchy' if it is flopping around in front of the sensors.
mark_a_l is offline Find More Posts by mark_a_l
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:07 AM
Bristol, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
49 Posts
No Response on Cyclic with 6xi and 11x Zero

I have installed the drs009.
Setup as per instructions.
But could not get the cyclic to work.
It takes-off and lands perfectly and Rudder is also working.
But the Right stick (Cyclic) is not working

Would be great if someone can help here.

my setp

Specktrum 6 ch receiver
6xi and 11x
both have same issue.
ons_pk is offline Find More Posts by ons_pk
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:48 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ons_pk View Post
I have installed the drs009.
Setup as per instructions.
But could not get the cyclic to work.
It takes-off and lands perfectly and Rudder is also working.
But the Right stick (Cyclic) is not working

Would be great if someone can help here.

my setp

Specktrum 6 ch receiver
6xi and 11x
both have same issue.
Use SETUP mode and make sure the cyclic is working in LAND, FM1 and FM2! Most people check the sticks only in LAND. Sometimes the switch used to switch the flightmode also switches a curve...
Last edited by miru; Oct 16, 2011 at 08:20 AM.