HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:04 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsp View Post
I'm using an AR6110 receiver.
I have done the setup test with the FTDI board.
I set the channels up (N/R) so the numbers are positive.
The drone initializes and takes off but, I don't have any pitch, roll or yaw control!!
In SETUP, when you look at the value column of the channels, do they go from roughly -1000 ... 0 ... +1000 when you move the sticks to the extremes?
What revision of the Arduino IDE are you using?
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:05 AM
Joined Jul 2011
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegn View Post
Hi,

I bought all the pieces to build this mod, but I'm not too good at soldering, so I had some weak points at some places. Since I travel a lot in work, and want things up and running before the snow comes, I ordered the plug and play kit from Dronetuner.

Does anyone of you have it?

My question is, can I program the Dronetuner kits Arduino with the Sparkfun FTDI breakout board and the latest Miru sketch? If then, does it work with the Spektrum DX6i (with the changes in the sketch mentioned in the instructions)?

I already tried to ask Dronetuner support, but they where not very helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Can someone help me with answering the above? My kit looks identical to Mike's mentioned before.
Thegn is online now Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:26 AM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
In SETUP, when you look at the value column of the channels, do they go from roughly -1000 ... 0 ... +1000 when you move the sticks to the extremes?
What revision of the Arduino IDE are you using?
I'm getting the +- 1000 in setup only after I set the transmitter travel adjust to max (150%). Still no cyclic or yaw control.
I'm using Arduino IDE 0022.
I tried to verify/compile Mod .10, and I got a lot of error messages.
wcsp is offline Find More Posts by wcsp
Last edited by wcsp; Oct 02, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:42 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
I'm getting the +- 1000 in setup only after I set the transmitter travel adjust to max (150%). Still no cyclic or yaw control.
I'm using Arduino IDE 022.
I tried to verify/compile Mod .10, and I got a lot of error messages.
??? All mirumod revs compile without any complaints on IDE 022. Start with an empty sketch, then <Sketch><Add File...> and choose 'rx2atp.c' from the revision you want to use. Then <Sketch><Verify/Compile>. If this shows any error messages, something is wrong with your copy of 'rx2atp.c' or the Arduino IDE installation.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:01 AM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
??? All mirumod revs compile without any complaints on IDE 022. Start with an empty sketch, then <Sketch><Add File...> and choose 'rx2atp.c' from the revision you want to use. Then <Sketch><Verify/Compile>. If this shows any error messages, something is wrong with your copy of 'rx2atp.c' or the Arduino IDE installation.
My Bad!!!!
I had renamed the extension to .pde.
As a .c file it compiles perfectly!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:49 AM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Miru

Is there something different with my JR 11x 2.4 transmitter that would cause it not to have cyclic control with the AR.Drone??
I have installed the Mod .10 and I adjusted all the values in setup to be ~ +-1000 on all the sticks, but I still have no cyclic control!!!!

Steve
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:57 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Miru

Is there something different with my JR 11x 2.4 transmitter that would cause it not to have cyclic control with the AR.Drone??
I have installed the Mod .10 and I adjusted all the values in setup to be ~ +-1000 on all the sticks, but I still have no cyclic control!!!!

Steve
Go back to SETUP mode and check the switch interpretation. You should see LAND, FM_1, FM_2 depending on your TX switch setting.
What is the frame rate you see in SETUP?
What firmware revision do you have on your drone?
Does it fly with your iDev?
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:13 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Go back to SETUP mode and check the switch interpretation. You should see LAND, FM_1, FM_2 depending on your TX switch setting.
What is the frame rate you see in SETUP?
What firmware revision do you have on your drone?
Does it fly with your iDev?
I am using a 3 position switch, which switches in this order: LAND, FM_1, FM_2.

This is the info from SETUP:

rx2at 0.10 20110922, at2so attached
loop 40.0 ms, sio 115200 bps, gps 57600 bps
stick +-800 points, dcnt=2663
cpusg 1E950F fuses DA-FF-F8-CF

-RX- f[ms] p[us] value
AILE 22.0 1485 0
ELEV 22.0 1486 0
THRO 22.0 1095 -1014
RUDD 22.0 1486 0
AUX1 22.0 1902 -1010 LAND
GEAR 22.0 1486 0

I am using Drone firmware 1.4.7.

The drone fly perfectly with my iPad!!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:42 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
I am using a 3 position switch, which switches in this order: LAND, FM_1, FM_2.

This is the info from SETUP:

rx2at 0.10 20110922, at2so attached
loop 40.0 ms, sio 115200 bps, gps 57600 bps
stick +-800 points, dcnt=2663
cpusg 1E950F fuses DA-FF-F8-CF

-RX- f[ms] p[us] value
AILE 22.0 1485 0
ELEV 22.0 1486 0
THRO 22.0 1095 -1014
RUDD 22.0 1486 0
AUX1 22.0 1902 -1010 LAND
GEAR 22.0 1486 0

I am using Drone firmware 1.4.7.

The drone fly perfectly with my iPad!!
Looks all good if your throttle stick is all the way down.
Disconnect the FTDI and the jumper to pin 10 for SETUP and connect the cable to the drone. Turn off your TX and fire up the drone (no iPad!). The Arduino LED should blink once every second. Then turn on your TX with the the flightmode switch in FM_1 or FM_2. The Arduino LED should blink twice per second as soon as the RX connects to the TX. Then put the flightmode switch into LAND. Depending on how much time has passed, the Arduino LED will blink 3 times or 4 times per second, while it waits for the drone to finish booting. After that, the Arduino LED goes dimm while it is uploading the companion program to the drone. It is done, when the LED turns bright and it is waiting for the 'magic' start character from the companion program. Once that arrives, the LED goes off while it sends the configuration commands and waits for an acknowledgment. The drone motor LEDs flash orange for a second when the companion program starts and flash green for a second when the configuration has been set. Once the ACK arrives on the Arduino, the LED should start to pulse at 12.5 Hz indicating the pace of the control loop.
How far does it get?
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:23 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Looks all good if your throttle stick is all the way down.
Disconnect the FTDI and the jumper to pin 10 for SETUP and connect the cable to the drone. Turn off your TX and fire up the drone (no iPad!). The Arduino LED should blink once every second. Then turn on your TX with the the flightmode switch in FM_1 or FM_2. The Arduino LED should blink twice per second as soon as the RX connects to the TX. Then put the flightmode switch into LAND. Depending on how much time has passed, the Arduino LED will blink 3 times or 4 times per second, while it waits for the drone to finish booting. After that, the Arduino LED goes dimm while it is uploading the companion program to the drone. It is done, when the LED turns bright and it is waiting for the 'magic' start character from the companion program. Once that arrives, the LED goes off while it sends the configuration commands and waits for an acknowledgment. The drone motor LEDs flash orange for a second when the companion program starts and flash green for a second when the configuration has been set. Once the ACK arrives on the Arduino, the LED should start to pulse at 12.5 Hz indicating the pace of the control loop.
How far does it get?
Everything works up to the point that I switch to LAND mode after powering on the transmitter.
The Arduino starts the upload. Then the Arduino LED turns bright and starts flashing rapidly and the red LEDs on the drone flash rapidly.
I have to unplug the drone!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
The Arduino starts the upload. Then the Arduino LED turns bright and starts flashing rapidly and the red LEDs on the drone flash rapidly.
Sounds like something triggered emergency during startup. I've seen that once of twice before during some testing. With that condition, I just keep the switch on LAND and do a hard right rudder stick. This usually reset emergency and cause the drone's LEDs to flash a few times and settle in all green.
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:57 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Everything works up to the point that I switch to LAND mode after powering on the transmitter.
Is your battery charged? Red LEDs on drone flashing could be a VLBA alert.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:35 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Is your battery charged? Red LEDs on drone flashing could be a VLBA alert.
It's a fully charged battery.

I tried a boot up by turning on the transmitter first, in LAND mode, then plugging in the drone.
I got a good initialization and the drone takes off in FM_1 mode but I still don't have any cyclic control!!!!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:45 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
It's a fully charged battery.

I tried a boot up by turning on the transmitter first, in LAND mode, then plugging in the drone.
I got a good initialization and the drone takes off in FM_1 mode but I still don't have any cyclic control!!!!
This is the 'right' sequence, TX on, drone on...
When it is initialized (LAND), what happens if you push the rudder stick shortly all the way left? This should generate an FTRIM command and the drone's LEDs should flash green for 1 second.
Second, push the rudder stick shortly all the way to the right. This should generate a USER EMERGENCY, the motor LEDs should go RED. Do it again to clear the EMERGENCY... the motor LEDs should go back to GREEN.
Does this work?
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:44 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
This is the 'right' sequence, TX on, drone on...
When it is initialized (LAND), what happens if you push the rudder stick shortly all the way left? This should generate an FTRIM command and the drone's LEDs should flash green for 1 second.
Second, push the rudder stick shortly all the way to the right. This should generate a USER EMERGENCY, the motor LEDs should go RED. Do it again to clear the EMERGENCY... the motor LEDs should go back to GREEN.
Does this work?
I had done this before.
The trim and emergency reset works fine.
I get a good initialization with green lights, I just don't have any cyclic control!!
Do you know of any differences between the DX7 and the 2.4 JR 11x transmitter that would cause this???