Experiments with Receiver ORANGERX

The Miru Mod can be combined with the low cost receiver ORANGERX DSM2
Here you will see some interesting experiments:

http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...20ORANGERX.pdf
(updated 29.Sept 2011)
Kind regards
UFO Doctor
UFO Doctor is offline Find More Posts by UFO Doctor
Last edited by UFO Doctor; Sep 29, 2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Report with comments to C1 and C2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:36 AM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Does anyone have a document explaining how to do the latest updates for the ARdrone to work with a arduino board and RX/TX?
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:47 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
Does anyone have a document explaining how to do the latest updates for the ARdrone to work with a arduino board and RX/TX?
Check the bottom of the first post in this thread, it has a reference to the latest.
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Check the bottom of the first post in this thread, it has a reference to the latest.
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
anyone has the motor wiring diagram ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post19468037
stilv is offline Find More Posts by stilv
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:18 AM
Joined Jul 2011
114 Posts
Hi,

I bought all the pieces to build this mod, but I'm not too good at soldering, so I had some weak points at some places. Since I travel a lot in work, and want things up and running before the snow comes, I ordered the plug and play kit from Dronetuner.

Does anyone of you have it?

My question is, can I program the Dronetuner kits Arduino with the Sparkfun FTDI breakout board and the latest Miru sketch? If then, does it work with the Spektrum DX6i (with the changes in the sketch mentioned in the instructions)?

I already tried to ask Dronetuner support, but they where not very helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Thegn is offline Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:27 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,086 Posts
Dronetuner

These guys are making money from what miru started and spent his time helping the us with our Drone.
actionplus is online now Find More Posts by actionplus
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus View Post
These guys are making money from what miru started and spent his time helping the us with our Drone.
Yes, I know, and I'm not happy for that Miru and all other people here are great, and I value their expertice. So I prefer being here in this forum.

But as I'm home only a short time on weekends, I want to fly my bird. My hands are a bit to shaky to do soldering, but I will try again this winter. But as of now, I would like to flash the mod with the latest version and to run it with my DX6i if possible, that's why I ask for help here.

Cheers,
Thegn is offline Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Miru

I'm trying to use your Mod 007 code to fly with a JR 11x 2.4 Transmitter.
What changes, if any, do I need to make to the code for this to work!!

Steve
wcsp is offline Find More Posts by wcsp
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:30 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Actionplus

I help ssgtmacgyver do his first AR Drone mod. He thought that many would love to have a Drone with RC control but would not have the skill to do the modification. Before he started making kits he asked miru if he was OK with that, miru had no problem with it. ssgtmacgyver has many years of experience as a electrical tech on F16s while in the Airforce. Now being retired from the Airforce, selling kits that plug and play has been a lot of fun for him. He prides himself in doing a professional wiring job and promptly responding to any problems.
Here’s a review of his kit.

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1880

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-Drone-RC-...ht_3491wt_1145

Larry
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:30 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsp View Post
Miru

I'm trying to use your Mod 007 code to fly with a JR 11x 2.4 Transmitter.
What changes, if any, do I need to make to the code for this to work!!

Steve
Steve, put the RX (which one?) and the Arduino together and run everything in SETUP mode (see README). During this the Arduino and the RX are powered by the FTDI board and you can check everything out without having to worry about the battery. When everything is working, mount it to the drone and make the connection to the drone serial port. You should also consider to use the latest revision of the mod (0.10).
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:32 PM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,086 Posts
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerhead View Post
Actionplus

I help ssgtmacgyver do his first AR Drone mod. He thought that many would love to have a Drone with RC control but would not have the skill to do the modification. Before he started making kits he asked miru if he was OK with that, miru had no problem with it. ssgtmacgyver has many years of experience as a electrical tech on F16s while in the Airforce. Now being retired from the Airforce, selling kits that plug and play has been a lot of fun for him. He prides himself in doing a professional wiring job and promptly responding to any problems.
Here’s a review of his kit.

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1880

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-Drone-RC-...ht_3491wt_1145

Larry
I guess if miru is good with it. I have no problem. i was just thinking it was not good if it was sold behind miru's back.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread and cause problem.

Now back to the great mod!!!!
actionplus is online now Find More Posts by actionplus
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:05 PM
United States, MD
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Steve, put the RX (which one?) and the Arduino together and run everything in SETUP mode (see README). During this the Arduino and the RX are powered by the FTDI board and you can check everything out without having to worry about the battery. When everything is working, mount it to the drone and make the connection to the drone serial port. You should also consider to use the latest revision of the mod (0.10).
I'm using an AR6110 receiver.
I have done the setup test with the FTDI board.
I set the channels up (N/R) so the numbers are positive.
The drone initializes and takes off but, I don't have any pitch, roll or yaw control!!
wcsp is offline Find More Posts by wcsp
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:26 PM
Schweiz, AG, Wettingen
Joined May 2010
45 Posts
A very efficient and simple shock protection has been presented by Candu1

Dear Miru Mod Friends
UFO Doctor

The central cross can break at hard landings. The old UFO Doctor and his 8 year old granddaughter smashed 3 Parrot Central Crosses!

A very efficient and simple shock protection has been presented by Candu1.

In short, with standard 4.5x1.34x200 mm cable ties you can prevent damages at hard landings by a factor of 2!

Please have a look at the following report:
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...y%20Candu1.pdf

Kind regards
UFO Doctor
UFO Doctor is offline Find More Posts by UFO Doctor
Last edited by UFO Doctor; Oct 02, 2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: More details
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
I guess if miru is good with it. I have no problem. i was just thinking it was not good if it was sold behind miru's back.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread and cause problem.

Now back to the great mod!!!!

Actionplus

There are more than one makers of kits for AR Drone RC control. I'm not familiar with dronetuner or his products.

Thanks for your comment.

Larry
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead