SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:31 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candu1 View Post
miru, another observation:

I noticed the LEDs flashed 3 to 5 times then stopped flashing. A minutes or so later, the LEDs flashed continuously until auto land. My sketch was set to flash at 25%.

Just want to confirm - does the flash routine activates when the voltage dropped down to 25% and then if the voltage raise above 25% (may be because of temporary reduced throttle setting), the flash will stop. Is that how it was coded?
You got it!
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:38 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiewH View Post
Thx Miru,
I will update to the 1.7 version.
Whats now happening is, that the drone is landing from allone equal in which height... in 1 flight its happened 3 times, hoping the motherboard or navboard will not crash.
Its like you wants to land quickly, after landing, I habe to do emergency and ftrim, then it flies again.
Do you have a idea why?
greetings from sunny Germany Matthias
This sounds like a bad/weak battery. Did you try another one?
You can PM me in German, maybe I did not understand the problem...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:37 PM
Deutschland, BW, Karlsruhe
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
This sounds like a bad/weak battery. Did you try another one?
You can PM me in German, maybe I did not understand the problem...
das war auch meine idee mit der week battery, aber ich habe verschiedene batterien genommen, original, 1300ah und 1800ah.
1 original ist wohl defekt, the drone is jumping like on the trampolin, the others sometimes or not. Es ist so, als wollte drone notlandung machen, wie bei iphone, wenn no connection alert is coming... The drone hits the ground, props are running and can start again, or I have to make Emergency and Ftrim procedure.
In the beginning I had only the turn right problem, now the new one.
Perhaps I have to test all connections.
Tomorrow I will update the firmware to 1.7.4, lets see whats happens.

best regards Matthias
MathiewH is offline Find More Posts by MathiewH
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:21 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiewH View Post
das war auch meine idee mit der week battery, aber ich habe verschiedene batterien genommen, original, 1300ah und 1800ah.
1 original ist wohl defekt, the drone is jumping like on the trampolin, the others sometimes or not. Es ist so, als wollte drone notlandung machen, wie bei iphone, wenn no connection alert is coming... The drone hits the ground, props are running and can start again, or I have to make Emergency and Ftrim procedure.
In the beginning I had only the turn right problem, now the new one.
Perhaps I have to test all connections.
Tomorrow I will update the firmware to 1.7.4, lets see whats happens.

best regards Matthias
Maybe the serial link between the Arduino and the drone is loose. If the two programs loose contact all sorts of weird things will happen...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:06 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,742 Posts
Looks like I'm screwed. I was updating the AR drone firmware and I shut it down pre-maturely. Now all I get are red lights on the motors...no wifi.......
Bill Bergman is offline Find More Posts by Bill Bergman
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:44 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bergman View Post
Looks like I'm screwed. I was updating the AR drone firmware and I shut it down pre-maturely. Now all I get are red lights on the motors...no wifi.......
No worries mate. Look at the beginning of the thread. It shows somewhere here to update firmware again.
actionplus is offline Find More Posts by actionplus
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Maybe the serial link between the Arduino and the drone is loose. If the two programs loose contact all sorts of weird things will happen...
Thats a good idea, i will look today to the serial port.
Thx Miru
Greetings Matthias
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:18 AM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus View Post
No worries mate. Look at the beginning of the thread. It shows somewhere here to update firmware again.
Thanks, but I went thru the first 25 pages and the only thing I saw was updating with a pc if you already had wifi connect. Mine does not connect to wifi. the lights stay read , no blinking. I made a USB cable and tried to flash it but it appears there are no drivers for the usb flash in windows 7 with a 64 bit version....
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bergman View Post
Thanks, but I went thru the first 25 pages and the only thing I saw was updating with a pc if you already had wifi connect. Mine does not connect to wifi. the lights stay read , no blinking. I made a USB cable and tried to flash it but it appears there are no drivers for the usb flash in windows 7 with a 64 bit version....
You may have run across the following post already but if not, see if it helps or not:
http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...p=12996#p12996
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:52 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,742 Posts
Thanks, I think I missed that one. I'll try again tonight.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Hello Miru,
Something new happens.
When I want to start the Drone, it starts and then it flips to the side, Motors off. I need a lot of tries until it starts correctly...
All connections are ok, BUT when the Drone flies, sometimes the lights are blinking, like if you take rudder right, emergency, orange.
The Flight could be good with blinking sometimes and then emergency cutoff, drone falls down...
I am sure its not the mod, perhaps the motherboard or navdata board or both...
What do you mean?

Never happens this before, we have 30 degrees now, but I don't think thats a problem for the Drone.

Best regards
Matthias
Last edited by MathiewH; Aug 18, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
The return of the GPS

1st Thank you for your mod.

2nd, I just try to connect a GPS to the Arduino.
the GPS is a GPSLIM 236. It has a serial link with TT/CMOS level.
- I had made a test with a FDTI and and hyperterm. No problem I have datas.
- I had made a test with the miromod (Ctrl B mode), I have data but the refresh rate of GPS is not constant (3 to 20 seconds)
- I try on the drone by looking at /dev/ttyPA0, I have RX=0, RX=0 ... and sometime the datas ! One more think the motors leds are blinking !

My question is, why can't I have a 1Hz upadate rate on my GPS data like when I am connect directly to the GPS and why motors leds are blinking ?

Thanks !
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candu1 View Post
You may have run across the following post already but if not, see if it helps or not:
http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...p=12996#p12996
Got the updater running but it failed looks like I have a brick
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
68 Posts
I just got done with my first night flight. WOW is this thing fun at night. I used the RC kit with a remote switch, so that I can control my LED's in flight. 150 ft altitude and 200 ft away, and had no issues at all. 30 LED's are about half of what I want, but it was fun.

Great job MIRU and the rest of you, the latest updates are working great….
ssgtmacgyver is offline Find More Posts by ssgtmacgyver
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:50 PM
Schweiz, AG, Wettingen
Joined May 2010
45 Posts
Tutorial Miru Mod Part 5

Dear Miru Mod freaks

You had to wait for a long time for the Tutorial Miru Mod Part 5.
The old UFO Doctor is not as fast as Miru with his fantastic uC programming!

But here is the stuff, finally:

http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%205_V2.pdf

Please tell me if you find some errors

The Miru Mod 009 works very well, the additional LEDs can be seen at full sunlight and the parrot drone lands safely after the visual low battery alert VLBA.

Have nice flights!

Kind regards
UFO Doctor
UFO Doctor is offline Find More Posts by UFO Doctor