HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
In Switzerland one day offers only 24h for working, sorry
I am convinced that miru's hour must have more minutes in it than the rest of us, since he had accomplished so much in a short time.

Just wanted to confirm that in one battery charge worth of flying time today with mirumod version 009 installed showed no abnormally. I also notice the 4 built-in LEDs still flash. I have the impression from miru's posts that he was going to "move" the VLBA process to arduino pin9 rather than ADDING the function to pin 9. That's a real "having your cake and eating it too".

Have not tested pin9 yet but I set it to provide a positive output and non blinking. My plan is to use a simple 2N2222 or something similar from my junk box to switch on a tiny tx to provide an audio alert on my UHF radio when VLBA is triggered. Can't wait for your next tutorial to see your pin9 application ideas.
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0023R View Post
@Miru: How does the 009 version behave if the atmega is driven by a 18.4320MHz quartz? Is it running at 115200 bauds all the time?

BR
Right now it won't, the UART clock division is hardcoded.. I'll change that in the next rev! I did not know you can get an Arduino with 18.4320Mhz, it would be ideal, and I would not have to change the baudrate.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:06 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candu1 View Post
I am convinced that miru's hour must have more minutes in it than the rest of us, since he had accomplished so much in a short time.

Just wanted to confirm that in one battery charge worth of flying time today with mirumod version 009 installed showed no abnormally. I also notice the 4 built-in LEDs still flash. I have the impression from miru's posts that he was going to "move" the VLBA process to arduino pin9 rather than ADDING the function to pin 9. That's a real "having your cake and eating it too".

Have not tested pin9 yet but I set it to provide a positive output and non blinking. My plan is to use a simple 2N2222 or something similar from my junk box to switch on a tiny tx to provide an audio alert on my UHF radio when VLBA is triggered. Can't wait for your next tutorial to see your pin9 application ideas.
Candu1, I did move it to the Arduino, but I can still make the drone LEDs go when it triggers.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
279 Posts
Miru, I don't know, but the version I installed did blink the ardrone's 4 LED when the battery voltage got low. I purposely let it hover at a foot or so above the floor until it land itself. Once it landed, I was not able to take off again so it is a true battery low condition. I can can verify it again tomorrow if you like.

Oh, anyway to view which version is actually running in the ardrino?

I just looked at the version of the sketch that I saved this afternoon, it is version 009.
Quote:
const char version[] PROGMEM = "@(#) rx2at 0.09 20110815";
Last edited by Candu1; Aug 16, 2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candu1 View Post
Miru, I don't know, but the version I installed did blink the ardrone's 4 LED when the battery voltage got low. I purposely let it hover at a foot or so above the floor until it land itself. Once it landed, I was not able to take off again so it is a true battery low condition. I can can verify it again tomorrow if you like.

Oh, anyway to view which version is actually running in the ardrino?

I just looked at the version of the sketch that I saved this afternoon, it is version 009.
Sorry for being imprecise in my answer, I did move it, but I am ALSO telling the drone to flash the 4 drone LEDs RED when the battery voltage gets low (VLBA triggers). So you get both, the output and the red lights.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Sorry for being imprecise in my answer, I did move it, but I am ALSO telling the drone to flash the 4 drone LEDs RED when the battery voltage gets low (VLBA triggers). So you get both, the output and the red lights.
Oh, so I did get my cake and eat it too!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:41 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiewH View Post
Hello, Yes I am not allone with this little problem, perhaps MIRU or UFO-DOCTOR have a idea to solve the problem.

You can also see the turning in CANDU1 video in the beginning, at point 0:54, Drone coming forwards from the right and turns quickly to the right, 180 degrees...

Kindly regards Matthias
Matthias, the fact that it turns 180 makes me think the drone software has a problem with it's IMU arithmetic, which would not surprise me loooking at the stuff they publish in their SDK. I don't know what paradigm they use and how solid the implementation is (I wish they would publish everything so they can be helped).

Candu1, yes!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:19 AM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Right now it won't, the UART clock division is hardcoded.. I'll change that in the next rev! I did not know you can get an Arduino with 18.4320Mhz, it would be ideal, and I would not have to change the baudrate.
He he I do not own an arduino. It is a home made circuit with a 168 and an adjusted cristal for the UART communication.

I really recommend replacing the 16MHz stock cristal with a 18.432MHz for perfect 115200 bauds communication speed.
D0023R is offline Find More Posts by D0023R
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:28 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
He he I do not own an arduino. It is a home made circuit with a 168 and an adjusted cristal for the UART communication.

I really recommend replacing the 16MHz stock cristal with a 18.432MHz for perfect 115200 bauds communication speed.
The 168, by itself, does not have enough SRAM nor FLASH to run this...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:22 AM
Deutschland, BW, Karlsruhe
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Matthias, the fact that it turns 180 makes me think the drone software has a problem with it's IMU arithmetic, which would not surprise me loooking at the stuff they publish in their SDK. I don't know what paradigm they use and how solid the implementation is (I wish they would publish everything so they can be helped).

Candu1, yes!
Thx Miru,
I have Firmware 1.6 installed in the Drone, would you prefer 1.5 version or the newest version?
I am asking because I want to modify my 2. Drone with drs009.
Thanks for helping
Matthias
MathiewH is offline Find More Posts by MathiewH
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:37 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathiewH View Post
Thx Miru,
I have Firmware 1.6 installed in the Drone, would you prefer 1.5 version or the newest version?
I am asking because I want to modify my 2. Drone with drs009.
Thanks for helping
Matthias
So far the mirumod works with 1.4.6, 1.4.7, 1.5.1, 1.6.6 and 1.7.4. I would go with the latest hoping they cleaned up some of the problems...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
The 168, by itself, does not have enough SRAM nor FLASH to run this...
I can confirm that the 168 is sufficient if you remove the at2so embedded code from the avr source code.
I compile and upload the at2so application separately to the drone in the /data/video/ folder.

rx2atp.elf :
section size addr
.data 270 8388864
.text 10154 0
.bss 578 8389134
.stab 24168 0
.stabstr 23265 0
Total 58435

Did you experience problems when running your mod on the atmega168?
D0023R is offline Find More Posts by D0023R
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:21 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
I can confirm that the 168 is sufficient if you remove the at2so embedded code from the avr source code.
I compile and upload the at2so application separately to the drone in the /data/video/ folder.

rx2atp.elf :
section size addr
.data 270 8388864
.text 10154 0
.bss 578 8389134
.stab 24168 0
.stabstr 23265 0
Total 58435

Did you experience problems when running your mod on the atmega168?
Never tried the 168. Even if you take out 'at2so' I think the SRAM is a little small for this (270+589=859 on rev 0.09) this leaves only 165 bytes for expansions and the stack. Meaning, at this point you should be able to run it if you don't use the Arduino bootloader and vector mapping.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
279 Posts
miru, another observation:

I noticed the LEDs flashed 3 to 5 times then stopped flashing. A minutes or so later, the LEDs flashed continuously until auto land. My sketch was set to flash at 25%.

Just want to confirm - does the flash routine activates when the voltage dropped down to 25% and then if the voltage raise above 25% (may be because of temporary reduced throttle setting), the flash will stop. Is that how it was coded?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
Deutschland, BW, Karlsruhe
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
So far the mirumod works with 1.4.6, 1.4.7, 1.5.1, 1.6.6 and 1.7.4. I would go with the latest hoping they cleaned up some of the problems...
Thx Miru,
I will update to the 1.7 version.
Whats now happening is, that the drone is landing from allone equal in which height... in 1 flight its happened 3 times, hoping the motherboard or navboard will not crash.
Its like you wants to land quickly, after landing, I habe to do emergency and ftrim, then it flies again.
Do you have a idea why?
greetings from sunny Germany Matthias
MathiewH is offline Find More Posts by MathiewH