Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2011, 11:58 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,221 Posts
Thanks, Bledi, this will help to clear things up. I'll have to think this through and see where it can be added.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Aug 02, 2011, 12:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Thanks, Bledi, this will help to clear things up. I'll have to think this through and see where it can be added.
You are the best

Tanks a lot, if you need help for a test, I am present !
Old Aug 02, 2011, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
98 Posts
Héhé i was right about mode 1 or 2, of course it change the stick to move
Orphee is offline Find More Posts by Orphee
Old Aug 02, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Héhé i was right about mode 1 or 2, of course it change the stick to move
Has we say in french : "dans le mille Emile"
Old Aug 02, 2011, 05:20 PM
Deutschland, BW, Karlsruhe
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Hello,
...now the modified Drone is working PERFEKT.
My failure was, the switches for Land etc. was wrong programmed. I saw it in the Hypertext Terminal.
Now its the first flying Mod Drone in Germany!
Thanks a lot MIRU!!! very good job done.
Much greetings from Germany
Matthias
MathiewH is offline Find More Posts by MathiewH
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:04 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,221 Posts
Need input: mode 1, 2, 3 and 4 transmitters

Thanks to Bledi, I know now that there are also mode 3 and 4 transmitters. It looks like what I thought was a mode 1 transmitter is actually a mode 3 transmitter.
There are two groups, mode 1-4 and mode 2-3, within which the stick channel assignements are consistent, just the position of the sticks is reversed. However the pairing of channels is different between the two groups, the mode 1-4 group puts throttle/aileron (GAZ/ROL in drone speak) on one stick and elevator/rudder (PTC/RUD) on the other, versus the group 2-3 has throttle/rudder (GAZ/RUD) on one and elevator/aileron (PTC/ROL) on the other.
I propose to change the mirumod such, that 'rx2atp.c can be parameterized for the mode of the TX (yet another macro in the 'sketch'). This would allow to make FTRIM/EMERGENCY tied to a horizontal movement of the throttle stick and to use the 'other' stick for the configuration.

What are your thoughts on that?
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:19 AM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Thanks, it's the best solution for me of course
Old Aug 03, 2011, 03:32 AM
Joined Jan 2011
98 Posts
I agree, an option in the sketch like

#set your mode here
Mode 2

good idea
Orphee is offline Find More Posts by Orphee
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:13 AM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
I just have make a test with the new firmware 1.7.4. No problem the mirumod still working fine
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Thanks to Bledi, I know now that there are also mode 3 and 4 transmitters. It looks like what I thought was a mode 1 transmitter is actually a mode 3 transmitter.
There are two groups, mode 1-4 and mode 2-3, within which the stick channel assignements are consistent, just the position of the sticks is reversed. However the pairing of channels is different between the two groups, the mode 1-4 group puts throttle/aileron (GAZ/ROL in drone speak) on one stick and elevator/rudder (PTC/RUD) on the other, versus the group 2-3 has throttle/rudder (GAZ/RUD) on one and elevator/aileron (PTC/ROL) on the other.
I propose to change the mirumod such, that 'rx2atp.c can be parameterized for the mode of the TX (yet another macro in the 'sketch'). This would allow to make FTRIM/EMERGENCY tied to a horizontal movement of the throttle stick and to use the 'other' stick for the configuration.

What are your thoughts on that?
Are you opening up another can of warms ? :-)

User will adopt to the settings they are confortable with. I don't think it matters that much since it would only be a one time change during the compiling and uploading the sketch.

On the othe hand, as long as you make mode 2 the default, I'd be happy! :-)
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:05 PM
France, IdF, Châtillon
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Hi all,
First of all I'd like to thanks Miru and all the participants for this awesome mod !

When configuring my channels with hyperterminal, I had a much larger range than expected with pulses from 900 to 2100...
I modify each channels on Tx to 85-90% to have pulses from 1100 to 1900.
Everything seems to be ok, including Flat trim & emergency reset, but I was wondering if it was the right way to do.
I was also wondering what could be the issue to have larger pulses.. Channels interactions ?

I also have a suggestion to Ufo doctor as if there is any update of the mod guide planned, I think it may be usefull to include the expected pulse min and max in the document.

As Bledi, I also tested quickly the mod with firmware 1.7.4 and everything seems just fine !
Once again, thanks !

Totoff
Totoff is offline Find More Posts by Totoff
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:15 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoff View Post
When configuring my channels with hyperterminal, I had a much larger range than expected with pulses from 900 to 2100...
I modify each channels on Tx to 85-90% to have pulses from 1100 to 1900.
Everything seems to be ok, including Flat trim & emergency reset, but I was wondering if it was the right way to do.
I was also wondering what could be the issue to have larger pulses.. Channels interactions ?
What kind of TX/RX are you using?
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:24 PM
France, IdF, Châtillon
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Sorry, I was pretty sure I mentionned it !
I'm using a Turnigy 9x Tx bound with A HK-TR6A-V2 Receiver.

I also have the Tx Off with no failsafe issue, but i understood that at this time that's a common problem for Turnigy 9x users.
Totoff is offline Find More Posts by Totoff
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi View Post
I just have make a test with the new firmware 1.7.4. No problem the mirumod still working fine
Wondering if there are improvements in video quality when using RC for control and wifi for video.
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1