Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:13 AM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDT_UTS_LU View Post
dear miru
I have a GPS module. the type is ublox NEO-6M. can i fix it on arduino ???
the rate is 9600 .
It does not understand PMTK commands, so mod will not be able to autoconfigure it on boot (yet), but if it can be permanently configured to output NMEA GGA/RMC then yes.
pawelsky is online now Find More Posts by pawelsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:14 AM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
I loaded v019 and tried it out, i'm able to get a working flight log and convert it and see the flight path on google earth.(got the P01.log, P02.log in the usb stick)

I noticed that the throttle stick down did not indicate a gps lock even though I got a log for that flight.
Maybe you didn't hold it down long enough.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
hi guys,
attempting the mod with an arduino nano and the miru LLC. does anyone have a clearer connection picture? and once i do get everything connected, how do i connect for the setup mode? is it through the usb on the nano? i am using a mac. your help is much appreciated!
snabs is offline Find More Posts by snabs
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:08 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snabs View Post
hi guys,
attempting the mod with an arduino nano and the miru LLC. does anyone have a clearer connection picture? and once i do get everything connected, how do i connect for the setup mode? is it through the usb on the nano? i am using a mac. your help is much appreciated!
The attachment has a picture of the connection if you use a cable. The LLC can also be mounted underneath the Arduino with straight up pins.
For SETUP mode you don't need the drone nor the LLC, just connect the Arduino to your MAC (as if you were uploading a new sketch) and use a terminal emulator to connect to the same port (115200 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop, NO parity and NO handshake). Make sure you have the SETUP jumper in place (D11->GND), reset the Arduino, the LED should be blinking 5 times within a 1 second pause, and hit CTRL-B on the terminal emulator to start the show.
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:01 AM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
The attachment has a picture of the connection if you use a cable. The LLC can also be mounted underneath the Arduino with straight up pins.
Added to the website
http://mirumod.tk/hw/mirullc/mirullc.php
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:23 PM
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
a couple of questions.

1/ what would cause the quad to immediately pitch backwards? i have the trim in neutral and can tell it'd take more forward trim than i've got to set things right.

2/ after every flight when the motors are turned off, i have to unplug and replug the battery to get green lights again. any way around that?

thanks!
floete is offline Find More Posts by floete
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
a couple of questions.

1/ what would cause the quad to immediately pitch backwards? i have the trim in neutral and can tell it'd take more forward trim than i've got to set things right.

2/ after every flight when the motors are turned off, i have to unplug and replug the battery to get green lights again. any way around that?

thanks!
1- Have you configured the binding correctly? YOu need to change settings, then bind then change settings back.... Have you followed those steps?

2- WHen you land, you land with emergency or normal landing? With emergency leds are red, you need to be in land mode, put throttle stick down and move to the right, then led will go back green then you can take off.
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:54 AM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbob View Post
1- Have you configured the binding correctly? YOu need to change settings, then bind then change settings back.... Have you followed those steps?

2- WHen you land, you land with emergency or normal landing? With emergency leds are red, you need to be in land mode, put throttle stick down and move to the right, then led will go back green then you can take off.
1/ uhm, which settings?
2/ i'm not sure. i will check. .
thanks for weighing in!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:59 AM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
@floete

Which remote do you have?
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbob View Post
@floete

Which remote do you have?
i'm using dante1's mod and the TX is a DX6i.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:28 AM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
i'm using dante1's mod and the TX is a DX6i.
Does you drone behave the same without the mod (using iDev/Android)?

What does the SETUP screen say? Do you see 0 when ELEV is centered?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:16 PM
LA
Joined Mar 2004
292 Posts
Have any of you guys experience while doing a fast forward flight and all of a sudden when I banked right, it turned left for a little bit and went back forward normally. It did it consistently on me, (it did the opposite when I banked left)

I was flying in "W" config, I tried to change config to "S" and still did the same thing.

could it be due to high wind?
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Have any of you guys experience while doing a fast forward flight and all of a sudden when I banked right, it turned left for a little bit and went back forward normally. It did it consistently on me, (it did the opposite when I banked left)

I was flying in "W" config, I tried to change config to "S" and still did the same thing.

Once you start moving it fast all sorts of things happen. Mine does a 180 when banked hard at high speeds and rises by about 10 feet when I slow down. So far I have attributed most of the 'bad' behaviour to my piloting skills.
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:57 AM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:

Was it in FM1 or FM2 mode?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:24 AM
LA
Joined Mar 2004
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Once you start moving it fast all sorts of things happen. Mine does a 180 when banked hard at high speeds and rises by about 10 feet when I slow down. So far I have attributed most of the 'bad' behaviour to my piloting skills.
I guess will have to blame YOU for this MIRU, LOL.... I wouldn't have the guts to do fast forward flight without your MOD...

Same here, mine does a 180 too and turns back to its original direction after I let go of the elevator.

Miru,

I noticed that either the MOD hangs up or the drone( arduino blinks as if it was first powered up) when I do a land------fly mode immediately after the blade stops after landing.
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18