HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:23 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
It does not hurt however to changed to the right values.
Based on your recommendations awhile back, that is exactly what i did and it worked.
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:48 PM
Registered User
pawelsky's Avatar
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Ultrasonic sensor fix

One more thing to try before replacing the whole navboard

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...hp?f=13&t=5063
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:38 PM
Registered User
pawelsky's Avatar
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Barometer/magnetometer for AR.Drone 1.0

Some of you probably noticed that already, but I've added a sub-page describing the barometer/magnetometer connection for AR.Drone 1.0 (thanks to happul3 for the idea).

http://mirumod.tk/hw/baromag/baromag.php

It opens new possibilities and will certainly help with the RTH on Drone 1.0
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:44 PM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Got my mod board back together with the MIRULLC finally. DRONE 2 running on 2.1.18 and mod on v018. Tested the stick inputs on the setup mode.

Plugged into the drone and telneted to drone to verify at2so.arm is a running process. Tx is on Land mode and sticks are all centered during startup.(did all of this about ten times)

The drone does not respond to stick inputs i.e. trim/estp. no blinking lights from the drone, the red light on the nano is solid after the green/yellow blink from the drone. I even tried changing the CFGs using the stick. with no luck...


what else can I try?

thanks
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Last edited by gta18; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:03 PM
Registered User
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
Got my mod board back together with the MIRULLC finally. DRONE 2 running on 2.1.18 and mod on v018. Tested the stick inputs on the setup mode.

Plugged into the drone and telneted to drone to verify a2tso is a running process. Tx is on Land mode and sticks are all centered during startup.(did all of this about ten times)

The drone does not respond to stick inputs i.e. trim/estp. no blinking lights. I even tried changing the CFGs. with no luck...


what else can I try?

thanks
If SETUP mode works, power down, unplug jumper and describe what happens when you power up the drone...
It should go like this: (this is not the normal start procedure, but easier to debug)
1) TX off
2) plug battery in
3) drone comes alive and boots, the Arduino LED should blink once a second
4) wait for drone to turn on green motor lights
5) turn on TX
6) RX LED should turn on
7) Arduino LED might blink some more 4 times/second but then goes dimm and then solid on. When it is dimm, it uploads the companion program, when it turns solid, it waits for the companion program to start.
8) drone flashes motor lights orange, companion program has started
9) drone flashes motor lights green, companion program has set configuration
10) Arduino LED should be blinking at 12HZ, everything is ready.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:26 PM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
If SETUP mode works, power down, unplug jumper and describe what happens when you power up the drone...
It should go like this: (this is not the normal start procedure, but easier to debug)
1) TX off
2) plug battery in
3) drone comes alive and boots, the Arduino LED should blink once a second
4) wait for drone to turn on green motor lights
5) turn on TX
6) RX LED should turn on
7) Arduino LED might blink some more 4 times/second but then goes dimm and then solid on. When it is dimm, it uploads the companion program, when it turns solid, it waits for the companion program to start.
8) drone flashes motor lights orange, companion program has started
9) drone flashes motor lights green, companion program has set configuration
10) Arduino LED should be blinking at 12HZ, everything is ready.
Miru,
Mine gets to step 8. and stays there with a solid bright red on the arduino. I also checked that pilot.arm and at2so.arm is in the /tmp when I telnet.
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Last edited by gta18; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:17 AM
Registered User
pawelsky's Avatar
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
Miru,
Mine gets to step 8. and stays there with a solid bright red on the arduino. I also checked that pilot.arm and at2so.arm is in the /tmp when I telnet.
Just out of interest - what is the fuses value in the SETUP mode?
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:14 AM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Pawelsky, fuses are DA-FF-FD-CF cpusg 1E950F
dcnt=2663
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
What llc are you using?
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:06 AM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
What llc are you using?
MIRULLc
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:13 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
Some of you probably noticed that already, but I've added a sub-page describing the barometer/magnetometer connection for AR.Drone 1.0 (thanks to happul3 for the idea).

http://mirumod.tk/hw/baromag/baromag.php

It opens new possibilities and will certainly help with the RTH on Drone 1.0
Yes, I did notice. Great work. I will certainly get me one to try it out. But not anytime soon. Just got hit with alot of snow...again.
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
MIRULLc
damn doesnt look like the mirullc cures that problem then
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:41 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
MIRULLc
Did you try another Arduino Nano?
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:02 AM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
Did you try another Arduino Nano?
this is my 2nd one.
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:03 AM
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
LA
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
damn doesnt look like the mirullc cures that problem then
Was there another issue like this before?
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo RC Controlled AR.Drone w/o WiFi! nosaari Multirotor Talk 116 Mar 14, 2014 02:23 PM
For Sale Parrot AR Drone w/TX/RX mod *Flies Nice* Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2011 09:42 PM
Discussion Wifi Boosted AR.Drone Fallengod Multirotor Talk 7 Feb 12, 2011 10:52 AM
Discussion And yet another AR drone Arial Video project taudronis Multirotor Talk 17 Dec 07, 2010 11:04 AM
Sold Parrot AR.Drone Four rotor platform control with your iPodTouch/iPhone/iPad Hoverup Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 12, 2010 03:54 PM