HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:27 PM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
I asked my orange rx dealer about these he won't supply them due to reliability issues? Just throwing a warning out there

Also one of my resellers was looking to use them with my kits, when he actually went to order the shipping was extortionate and it actually hardly worked out any cheaper than a Spektrum DX6i that was shipping inside the US too

Its a shame as it would be nice to have a cheaper DSM2 radio
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:47 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
I asked my orange rx dealer about these he won't supply them due to reliability issues? Just throwing a warning out there

Also one of my resellers was looking to use them with my kits, when he actually went to order the shipping was extortionate and it actually hardly worked out any cheaper than a Spektrum DX6i that was shipping inside the US too

Its a shame as it would be nice to have a cheaper DSM2 radio
Well it cost me less then $100.00 to Canada no taxes or duty.
I had a broken switch on my DX6i and contacted Horizonhobby and they told me to send it in. Shipping to the US + shipping back + the part and labor? That would cost me over $50.00. So, I bought a Futaba switch for $7.00 and fixed it myself.

Besides I rather have an OrangeRX T-six then those cheap CTB6's. Also, the OrangeRX 6 channel have a pretty good track record.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer a LESS expensive alternative to the DX6i. Remember, they are still both made in China!
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Last edited by dante1; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
Dude I'm only pointing out what my orange supplier told me. I wanted to use one too due to its price but he warned me off them. Why would he not want to sell me something?

I agree it's probably better than the ctb6 but the ctb6 isn't an option for kits needing dsm2 so that's irrelevant
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:36 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
Dude I'm only pointing out what my orange supplier told me. I wanted to use one too due to its price but he warned me off them. Why would he not want to sell me something?

I agree it's probably better than the ctb6 but the ctb6 isn't an option for kits needing dsm2 so that's irrelevant
Okay
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:50 AM
China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
Dear miru !
Some problems that I can not understand 。can you tell me。

1: My AR.Drone is v1.0 . how can i upload drone firmware to version 1.7.11 or 1.10.10
2: need some modification ? such as the following page http://code.google.com/p/ardudrone/w...eModifications
3: can you gei me the USB Brush software
NDT_UTS_LU is offline Find More Posts by NDT_UTS_LU
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:05 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDT_UTS_LU View Post
Dear miru !
Some problems that I can not understand 。can you tell me。

1: My AR.Drone is v1.0 . how can i upload drone firmware to version 1.7.11 or 1.10.10
2: need some modification ? such as the following page http://code.google.com/p/ardudrone/w...eModifications
3: can you gei me the USB Brush software
The project you are referencing has been abandoned and is not active anymore.
Check www.mirumod.tk for this project.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:12 AM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
Hi, am I missing something to change configuration between 1-2-3-4 ????
I start everything up, then wait a while for lights to flash. Then I check I a connected with a flat trim which works great. Put throttle stick all way up but nothing flashes, tried with gear uop or down... any hint?
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:47 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbob View Post
Hi, am I missing something to change configuration between 1-2-3-4 ????
I start everything up, then wait a while for lights to flash. Then I check I a connected with a flat trim which works great. Put throttle stick all way up but nothing flashes, tried with gear uop or down... any hint?
The only way to change configs is to set the switch to the LAND position and hold the throttle in the up position. Then you move and hold the elevation stick to either N,S, E or W to select your confguration. Now move the throttle back down and release the elevator stick. You should be in you selected config. Best way to test this is to do it in SETUP mod.

Let me know if this helped you.

Dante1
Last edited by dante1; Feb 04, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:37 PM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
The only way to change configs is to set the switch to the LAND position and hold the throttle in the up position. Then you move and hold the elevation stick to either N,S, E or W to select your confguration. Now move the throttle back down and release the elevator stick. You should be in you selected config. Best way to test this is to do it in SETUP mod.

Let me know if this helped you.

Dante1
I wasn't holding right long enough!!!!
Thanks, worked well!

About USB record, can the drive have other stuff on it or blank only?
Also can the drive be inserted later on or need to power drone back up?
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:15 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbob View Post
I wasn't holding right long enough!!!!
Thanks, worked well!

About USB record, can the drive have other stuff on it or blank only?
Also can the drive be inserted later on or need to power drone back up?
I guess one way to find out is to try it.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:34 AM
LA
Joined Mar 2004
289 Posts
Quote:
Actually, it's the same bootloader but sometimes it's not burned in properly and give wrong lock fuse bits example CC instead of CF.
I don't take chances take a couple extra minutes.
What are those fuses for and effect on the mod?
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:44 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
What are those fuses for and effect on the mod?
From what I read, Fuses and Lock bits to enable/disable features and/or different memory protection modes. This may be the cause of the solid LED on the arduino which prevents the companion program to start. Because after burning the bootloader again, it solved my problems.

http://www.avrfreaks.net/modules/Fre...382/DN_020.pdf

Pawelsky or Miru, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:16 AM
LA
Joined Mar 2004
289 Posts
Quote:
From what I read, Fuses and Lock bits to enable/disable features and/or different memory protection modes. This may be the cause of the solid LED on the arduino which prevents the companion program to start. Because after burning the bootloader again, it solved my problems.

so you had solid red lights after you plug in the power, no blinks?
gta18 is offline Find More Posts by gta18
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:22 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,680 Posts
Quote:

Here you can find some nice explanation of the Fuse/Lock bits + calculator.

http://hackaday.com/2012/08/30/avr-fuse-bits-explained/

It is not clear however that the different lock bits we've seen in this thread are actually causing issues (they should cause much much serious problems such as no being able to upload the skech, but they didn't) so no definite answers here I believe. It does not hurt however to changed to the right values.
pawelsky is online now Find More Posts by pawelsky
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:20 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
so you had solid red lights after you plug in the power, no blinks?
I would get blinking lights but as soon as i switch on the tx, i would get a flashing red led go solid. I burn the stock bootloader in the arduino software and it solved the problem. But pnly happened to maybe 3 arduinos.