Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
I meant exactly what I wrote. Your TX does not use WiFi to communicate with the receiver. It only operates on the same 2.4GHz frequency which may cause interference with WiFi signal.
You didn't like the use of the word 'WiFi'? WiRC then. http://gizmodo.com/5886056/wi+fi-con...om-your-iphone
Quote:
Again, VLBA has nothing to do with the firmware, it just starts blinking LEDs when your battery goes below defined level. That's all. The strange sequences you saw were probably caused by the fact that Drone was signalling different operations (such as trim or emergency reset) with the same LEDs. Don't try to make it more complex than it actually is.

P.S. The maximum value for VLBA is 60, anything more than that will disable VLBA feature.
Yes, I get that the VLBA value is just a trigger for the LEDs now. You already explained that. I was just asking you to confirm what you can do and why you can do it. But I understand your reply to be 'Yes'.

The LED behaviour was as I described it, nothing to do with TRIM or ESTP. If you don't know what it was then I'll assume it's the firmware controlling the LEDs itself. I'll flatten a battery again and video the result anyway.

Oops, yes, 60, not 80.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:44 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
You didn't like the use of the word 'WiFi'? WiRC then.
But you don't use WiRC, do you?
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,523 Posts
Quote:
But you don't use WiRC, do you?
I've no idea what you are talking about.

If you don't like 'WiFi' and you don't like 'WiRC', please insert the term you prefer to use in the following sentence.

"The ????? signal from my Transmitter was interfering with the WiFi on my iPhone."

Then you can get back to updating the docs.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,523 Posts
Quote:
The other thing is that this ES_RT command can clash with setting the Configs.
Although you are supposed to TS_UP, select ES_direction, TS_Centre, ES_Centre, you can also do ES_Direction, TS_UP, TS_Centre, ES_Centre, which also works.

No idea which state this leaves VID+ in though, so another reason why a toggle/LED indicator of VID+ state would be helpful.
Just checked in Hyperterminal after making a new v2 Pro Mini Mod and it's not possible to not change the status of VID+ no matter which order you move the sticks to set Cfg4. As soon as you do TS_Centre with ES_RT, VID+ is selected.

By default the rvid flag is not set in Cfg4, but if it was changed, the camera would switch. Without an iDevice to check the camera view you couldn't tell.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,420 Posts
Quote:
"The ????? signal from my Transmitter was interfering with the WiFi on my iPhone."
Just remove ????? and you'll have the proper sentence. Your TX does not implement WiFi which is a wireless computer network.

Quote:
you can get back to updating the docs.
I'm afraid you are 'asking' the wrong person.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
117 Posts
Quote:
I've read the docs and rx2atp.c about the VLBA. Nothing there that covers the LED sequences I saw, just mentions that the LEDs flash Red when VLBA is triggered with a frequency of 5Hz.

If the battery was so low that VLBA was triggered, I hadn't expected it to take off again, hence my question.

If it was VLBA, should it be possible to 'reset' it with TRIM,ESTP,ESTP when you still can't take off (or sometimes you can)?
I observed this many times with one of the batteries I use: VLBA (red blinking) - I land drone normally in 10-20 seconds - battery level increases, VLBA blinking stops by itself - takeoff - blinking resumes in few seconds as battery level again goes below threshold.

It is perfectly ordinary behavior as the chemical batteries may have some degree of voltage recovery(bounce) after heavy drain.

Even if the battery is discharged low enough that it does not recover sufficiently after landing to stop blinking, you can still take off and fly normally for a short while.
happul3 is offline Find More Posts by happul3
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
Questio about programming the Arduino, iv loaded a sketch onto it fine, if i want to update or change that sketch on the arduino do i just repeat the upload procedure to overwrite it?
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
Questio about programming the Arduino, iv loaded a sketch onto it fine, if i want to update or change that sketch on the arduino do i just repeat the upload procedure to overwrite it?
Yep, you can repeat the process until flash wears out Technically, overwriting flash always start by complete erasing of any block that is to be re-written.
happul3 is offline Find More Posts by happul3
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
so i dont need to do anything else to rewrite the arduino other than plug it into my pc and reupload another sketch?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,420 Posts
Quote:
so i dont need to do anything else to rewrite the arduino other than plug it into my pc and reupload another sketch?
Remember to unplug the drone power before doing that. If you have the diode on 12V line you can keep the mod connected to the drone, but the battery must be unplugged.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
yep thats cool, just wanted to know how to rewrite any updates, cheers

is it possible for me to manually alter the code entry like miru has to fix my original altitude problem?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,420 Posts
Quote:
yep thats cool, just wanted to know how to rewrite any updates, cheers

is it possible for me to manually alter the code entry like miru has to fix my original altitude problem?
Yes, edit the lines as below

Code:
const char cfg1[] PROGMEM = "1,1,0.35,1500,3.5,1000000,1,1";	/* S standard */
const char cfg2[] PROGMEM = "1,1,0.52,2000,6.1,1000000,1,1";	/* W wild (max) */
const char cfg3[] PROGMEM = "0,0,0.21,700,1.75,2,0,0";	/* N normal */
const char cfg4[] PROGMEM = "0,0,0.10,700,1.50,2,0,0";	/* E easy */
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
is that in the rxxxx.c file?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:53 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,420 Posts
Quote:
is that in the rxxxx.c file?
rx2atp.c, i.e. the file you upload to Arduino.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
nice, ta