Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:46 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andresc4 View Post
after a crash, I'm getting Ultrasonic error on screen
i check both boards, and i found a missing element, and i need to know how to replace it... i don't know if its a resistor or a cap, seems to be a resistor, but i need to know the value, can anybody help me with this ?

( between where it say Q7 and Q4 there are 5 smd resistor/caps,,, from the top to the bottom the 2nd one ) . Without this the sonar its not working and the mod is not working neither
That probably won't help you much but here is pretty detailed picture of the board (you may need to create an account and log in on ardrone-flyers to see it)
http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/...1057&mode=view

It looks like a capacitor same as the one below (4th from the top).
pawelsky is online now Find More Posts by pawelsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh0905 View Post
It would be nice though, if you find your flight data is lower than ground level as reported by Google Earth to be able to make an adjustment.
Added to log converter (it is called "Altitude correction").

http://mirumod.tk/tools/log_converter.php

Please note I may have to remove it in future if that eats too much of my webserver's monthly transfer limits.
Last edited by pawelsky; Dec 28, 2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: New website address
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
Added to log converter (it is called "Altitude correction").

http://mirumod.hopto.org/tools/log_converter.php

Please note I may have to remove it in future if that eats too much of my webserver's monthly transfer limits.
Fantastic job!

Thanks again for all your efforts.

I will try not to be too greedy, by converting every flight I make (no promises tho )
tonyh0905 is offline Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Ooh that would be a pity assuming you're not talking about just the altitude correction function. Otherwise, is there any trick to the conversion, ie field mapping and such that could be used in an external standalone tool or excel conversion?

I personally prefer the RTH function over the logging feature and have instead been adapting Miru's 018 sketch to incorporate the auto gps config. It's been years ('80's assembly zilog z80) since I actually did any real programming other than scripting, but it's fun to see what's evolved since then and trying to wrap my head around Miru's brilliant brainchild
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:38 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post
Ooh that would be a pity assuming you're not talking about just the altitude correction function.
No, it is just for the altitude correction which (since this is a bit of a trial and error) could generate unnecessary traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post
Otherwise, is there any trick to the conversion, ie field mapping and such that could be used in an external standalone tool or excel conversion?
I'm thinking about a windows commandline tool that will do the conversion locally on a PC.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Dec 2006
307 Posts
flip

I have the mode set to 'w'...two flashes on the led. that should allow anamimation.

not sure how to get the thing to flip...it works on the iPhone.

thanks
rjrobbin is offline Find More Posts by rjrobbin
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Predappio
Joined Aug 2012
85 Posts
FW 2.2.6 & 0.18 working good

Just to say I joined the club, tested FW 2.2.6 & 0.18 and everything seems fine.
Thanks Dante! ;-)

G.
Viaggiatore is offline Find More Posts by Viaggiatore
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:34 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrobbin View Post
I have the mode set to 'w'...two flashes on the led. that should allow anamimation.

not sure how to get the thing to flip...it works on the iPhone.

thanks
See Q&A#3 at http://mirumod.tk/faq/faq.php#q3

Try practising in SETUP first (you should see ANIx diplayed when animation is triggered succesfully)
Last edited by pawelsky; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: New website address
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Dec 2006
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
See Q&A#3 at http://mirumod.hopto.org/faq/faq.php

Try practising in SETUP first (you should see ANIx diplayed when animation is triggered succesfully)
thanks...I kept trying fm1 to fm2 back to fm1....no animation.
rjrobbin is offline Find More Posts by rjrobbin
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:29 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrobbin View Post
thanks...I kept trying fm1 to fm2 back to fm1....no animation.
Actually you should do the opposite: FM2-FM1-FM2 then quickly followed by AIL/ELE stick movement (diferent direction selects different animation). You can also hold the AIL/ELE stick while flipping flight modes (this will do an in-flight animation)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viaggiatore View Post
Just to say I joined the club, tested FW 2.2.6 & 0.18 and everything seems fine.
Thanks Dante! ;-)

G.
No Problem glad everything worked out for you.
Next step GPS
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
GPS device orientation

Hi guys!! Yesterday flew with GPS. Just awesome! Very happy indeed.

One question: Does the orientation of the actual GPS device affects? Mine is facing to the left, but have seen that most of them are facing (The ceramic square) to the sky... Is there a difference?
vectorcharlie is online now Find More Posts by vectorcharlie
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Aug 2012
85 Posts
Compass aided flight mode?

The only thing I'm really missing is the absolute control... would it be possible to implement a compass corrected flight mode? i.e. the one which is implemented in the very good app ARDrone flight by Meavy Dev:
"Compass corrected take-off - forward set at take-off adjusted by device compass
In this mode, moving forward flies the drone in the direction you are facing, and it uses your device compass to know if you turn round after taking off. This is like third person mode, so forward/back/left/right are all relative to the direction you are currently facing, with forward flying away from you."
I used it a lot, take off with camera facing away from me, and then it is like absolute control.

Nonsense?
Thanks!
G.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:16 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorcharlie View Post
Does the orientation of the actual GPS device affects? Mine is facing to the left, but have seen that most of them are facing (The ceramic square) to the sky... Is there a difference?
For best GPS signal reception better to have it flat.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viaggiatore View Post
"Compass corrected take-off - forward set at take-off adjusted by device compass
Uhm, I guess you still need an android or whatever device with a compass. So no way to have a sort of absolute piloting?