SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:39 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
Hey Vectorcharlie,

I don't see the diode on the VIN. Did you forget to put it or is it along the wire?

Just an observation.

Dante1
Note, that diode is only necessary if you want to connect the mod to PC without disconnecting from drone.
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:56 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
Note, that diode is only necessary if you want to connect the mod to PC without disconnecting from drone.
I see. I put on anyway. You never know when you might need it
dante1 is online now Find More Posts by dante1
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:05 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Issue with Drone2

Hey Pawelsky,

I made a drone 2 kit for a friend and he tells me that when he changes battery...he is getting a delayed response from the sticks.
He tells me that when he changes battery, he has to turn off the TX, wait for Drone 2 to boot, hit the reset button on the Drone 2, wait 10 seconds and turn on the TX. He says that most of the time it works but sometimes the drone 2 has a delayed response and can't control his drone.
Do you know what that could be?

Thanks,

Dante1

Arduino Nano v3.0
Last edited by dante1; Sep 03, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Hey Pawelsky,

I made a drone 2 kit for a friend and he tells me that when he changes battery...he is getting a delayed response from the sticks.
He tells me that when he changes battery, he has to turn off the TX, wait for Drone 2 to boot, hit the reset button on the Drone 2, wait 10 seconds and turn on the TX. He says that most of the time it works but sometimes the drone 2 has a delayed response and can't control his drone.
Do you know what that could be?

Thanks,

Dante1

Arduino Nano v3.0
If your friend is flying CONFIG 1 or 2, he needs to wait until the video has been processed (motor lights blinking) before he changes battery, otherwise the drone will do it when it comes back up on the new battery. Alternatively, you can turn off the 'auto record start' in the 'sketch'.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
If your friend is flying CONFIG 1 or 2, he needs to wait until the video has been processed (motor lights blinking) before he changes battery, otherwise the drone will do it when it comes back up on the new battery. Alternatively, you can turn off the 'auto record start' in the 'sketch'.
Thanks, I will let him know.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:20 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Is this "auto record start"?
Red numbers need to be changed to "0"?

* videorecord: 0 - disable, 1 - enable (NOOP on Drone 1 or Drone 2 without USB stick)
* outdoor,no_shell,max_euler,max_vz,max_yaw,max_alt, anim,rvid */
const char cfg1[] PROGMEM = "1,1,0.35,1500,3.5,0,1,1"; /* S standard */
const char cfg2[] PROGMEM = "1,1,0.52,2000,6.1,0,1,1"; /* W wild (max) */
const char cfg3[] PROGMEM = "0,0,0.21,700,1.75,2,0,0"; /* N normal */
const char cfg4[] PROGMEM = "0,0,0.10,700,1.50,2,0,0"; /* E easy */
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Is this "auto record start"?
Red numbers need to be changed to "0"?
Yes, you can also use Sketch Configurator: http://mirumod.tk/tools/sketch_configurator.php
Last edited by pawelsky; Dec 28, 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: New website address
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
I'm affraid the wiring is OK
Thanks for checking Pawelsy! Live and learn
vectorcharlie is offline Find More Posts by vectorcharlie
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCopters View Post
Can you check for a bad soldered connector on the drone's mainboard?
Heard that it is possible, that the SMD connector can come loose by the time.
I will check it Rock, anyway, I have to learn how to unmount the Main board. I was already thinking on checking it and maybe soldering directly the lines.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Hey Vectorcharlie,

I don't see the diode on the VIN. Did you forget to put it or is it along the wire?

Just an observation.

Dante1
Thanks Dante. I haven't put it, as I am not doing any testing of the Arduino usb and the serial connected to the drone at the same time. But I will do it once I assemble everythng (And making it work )

Thanks!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Now that there's a new awesome firmware (for once) for the drone, 2.2.6.. Anything that can be updated software wise on the mod to better fly this drone or will the standard stuff work just as well?
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:23 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,592 Posts
FW Manager for AR.Drone 2.0

Author of a very useful free iOS tool for switching between AR.Drone v1.0 firmwares - FW Manager - has started a poll on his website, asking whether people would be interested in a version for AR.Drone v2.0 as well.

http://www.powerflightapp.com/index....=1:fwmanager20

Since this is a very handy piece of software that was only missing the AR.Drone v2.0 support I believe it is worth saying YES! Parrot likes to surprise us sometimes with some 'unexpected' updates, so it is always good to be able to return to previous versions (FWM gives access to historic versions as well).

To vote you have to select your option (I hope it will be "Yes") on the left and click "ABSTIMMEN" (meaning "Vote" in German)

P.S. For those who don't know FW manager yet here is the iTunes link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firmw...426009871?mt=8 (despite some negative comments - it does work)
Last edited by pawelsky; Sep 04, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:35 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
298 Posts
Quote:
Author of a very useful free iOS tool for switching between AR.Drone v1.0 firmwares - FW Manager - has started a poll on his website, asking whether people would be interested in a version for AR.Drone v2.0 as well.

http://www.powerflightapp.com/index....=1:fwmanager20

Since this is a very handy piece of software that was only missing the AR.Drone v2.0 support I believe it is worth saying YES! Parrot likes to surprise us sometimes with some 'unexpected' updates, so it is always good to be able to return to previous versions (FWM gives access to historic versions as well).

To vote you have to select your option (I hope it will be "Yes") on the left and click "ABSTIMMEN" (meaning "Vote" in German)

P.S. For those who don't know FW manager yet here is the iTunes link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firmw...426009871?mt=8 (despite some negative comments - it does work)
I don't own an idev, but I happy to give a yes vote if it's handy for others
tonyh0905 is offline Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:57 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
Now that there's a new awesome firmware (for once) for the drone, 2.2.6.. Anything that can be updated software wise on the mod to better fly this drone or will the standard stuff work just as well?
It does work with the new rev 0.19, don't think there are any issues with rev 0.18.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
It does work with the new rev 0.19, don't think there are any issues with rev 0.18.
It works ok, but I can not get my Drone 2 to do any flips so does this part not work or am I doing something wrong?
Ant_30 is offline Find More Posts by Ant_30