HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Ar drone 2

[QUOTE=miru;21623536]What app are you using on the iDev? I tested with FreeFlight 2.0 and it did work.[/QUOTE
when I am flying my drone with my me fly sky six channel transmitter at the same time I connect my iPhone I can get video feed on the iPhone but what I push record it will not record. How do I fix this I do have FreeFlight 2.0 on the iPhone
]
glasspony2010 is offline Find More Posts by glasspony2010
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasspony2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
What app are you using on the iDev? I tested with FreeFlight 2.0 and it did work.
when I am flying my drone with my me fly sky six channel transmitter at the same time I connect my iPhone I can get video feed on the iPhone but what I push record it will not record. How do I fix this I do have FreeFlight 2.0 on the iPhone
Does it take a picture when you tap on the camera icon?
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old May 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Does it take a picture when you tap on the camera icon?
NO picture when you tap on the camera
Old May 16, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post
Mighty interested in the gps developments, how are you utilising the gps data?
Hi RHTizzy. I'm developing an iOS app (see post #2206) that will display the GPS data on the screen and record it (as KML) for viewing on Google Earth.

It's based on freeflight so I'll make the source available when it's complete (assuming I'm not breaking any of Parrot's legal agreements). I believe you have to sign up for Parrot's developer program to view the freeflight source so I'm not sure of the legalities...
kgeange is offline Find More Posts by kgeange
Old May 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeange View Post
Hi RHTizzy. I'm developing an iOS app (see post #2206) that will display the GPS data on the screen and record it (as KML) for viewing on Google Earth.

It's based on freeflight so I'll make the source available when it's complete (assuming I'm not breaking any of Parrot's legal agreements). I believe you have to sign up for Parrot's developer program to view the freeflight source so I'm not sure of the legalities...
Sounds excellent! You know what would make it even better? If you got it working on Android, now that would be something ;-) Just kidding, I'm amazed at what you guys are able to get out of these things even if it is only available on those funny apple thingys..
RHTizzy is online now Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old May 17, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Ya, it was a hard choice between iOS and Android. I actually prefer Android for a lot of development work but I thought I could leverage the existing AR.Drone iOS framework to get something out quickly.

Android will be next.

Off topic: My Fox 1.3GHz 800mW video tx/rx showed up today and it's working nicely in the basement. Still gotta range test on the weekend. I fear the AR.Drone is probably underpowered for it so I'm a building a MultiWii quad. Fun...

Cheers!
kgeange is offline Find More Posts by kgeange
Old May 18, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Hobbyking HK TR6A

HI I'm new here.
I searched this thread and I found some mentions of this transmitter/receiver/radio from hobbyking (HK-TR6A). the Receiver is labeled 1-6 from the bottom up and BATT at the top. the transmitter/Radio is 6 channels and has 2 Aux channels with a 2-position switch (SW) and 1 POT (VR) per channel 5 and 6.
My question is what configuration do I use on ver. DRS017. using the sketch configuration on: http://mirumod.hopto.org/tools/sketch_configurator.php
I believe this is the appropriate field to change things:

LAND and FM_x switch setup:
DropDown Menu choices:
One 3 position switch (e.g. DX7)*
One 2 position switch
Two switches (e.g. DX6)
Two switches

Also Please if someone could explain this FM1 FM2 FM3 stuff. I gather it has something to do with flight modes (indoor/Outdoor, Hull/No Hull) but thats all I can get, any specifics would be appreciated.
Thanks Miro for this great mod and everyone for their contributions.
Dan
jinpa108 is offline Find More Posts by jinpa108
Old May 19, 2012, 08:44 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinpa108 View Post
HI I'm new here.
I searched this thread and I found some mentions of this transmitter/receiver/radio from hobbyking (HK-TR6A). the Receiver is labeled 1-6 from the bottom up and BATT at the top. the transmitter/Radio is 6 channels and has 2 Aux channels with a 2-position switch (SW) and 1 POT (VR) per channel 5 and 6.
My question is what configuration do I use on ver. DRS017. using the sketch configuration on: http://mirumod.tk/tools/sketch_configurator.php
I believe this is the appropriate field to change things:

LAND and FM_x switch setup:
DropDown Menu choices:
One 3 position switch (e.g. DX7)*
One 2 position switch
Two switches (e.g. DX6)
Two switches

Also Please if someone could explain this FM1 FM2 FM3 stuff. I gather it has something to do with flight modes (indoor/Outdoor, Hull/No Hull) but thats all I can get, any specifics would be appreciated.
Thanks Miro for this great mod and everyone for their contributions.
Dan
The sequence of channels on a DSM RX is THRO,AILE,ELEV,RUDD,GEAR,AUX1 .
LAND, FM1, FM2 and FM3 are flight modes you set with your switches, before start you need to be in LAND, center the sticks and switch to FM1, this will make the drone take off and hover in place about 1 Meter above ground, using it's bottom camera to stay on the spot. You can fly it around go up and down rotate it. If you get in trouble let go of the aileron/elevator stick and it will stabilize itself by trying to stop any lateral motion and keeping it on the spot with the bottom camera. When you switch to FM2, the bottom camera data is not used to keep it on the spot when you let go of the aileron/elevator stick, it will coast to a stop and just hover, but not do any position maintenance, so it's up to you, the pilot, to do it. FM3 is not implemented yet, it will be used to trigger a RTL function once I got the GPS code in.
Make sure you read up and follow the instructions for SETUP mode!
Last edited by miru; Dec 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:36 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
NO picture when you tap on the camera
I had a chance to retest and it works here. The part I have not tested yet is if you record to an USB stick on the drone, do you have that turned on?
Old May 19, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
AR DRONE 2 radio and transmitter

I have the AR drone 2 and I am flying at the radio transmitter receiver kit. My problem is trying to do flips. Is there something I need to program into the transmitter if so what.? I am running the 017 stretch in the receiver board
Old May 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
I have the AR drone 2 and I am flying at the radio transmitter receiver kit. My problem is trying to do flips. Is there something I need to program into the transmitter if so what.? I am running the 017 stretch in the receiver board
No, follow the instructions in this post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2061
By default configurations 1 and 2 will do the flip, 3 and 4 will not.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
No, follow the instructions in this post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2061
By default configurations 1 and 2 will do the flip, 3 and 4 will not.
I know all all the information about. my question is is there something I need to program the transmitter to make all this work
Old May 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Ar drone 2 and raido transmitter

I have the fly sky fs-ct6b transmitter. Is there anybody out there that has this transmitter set up to fly the AR drone 2 . And they can do flips. If so could you send me by e-mail the command files to load into the transmitter using the USB cable with the T6 config program
send to pony1920@hotmail.com
thank you
Old May 19, 2012, 02:48 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
I know all all the information about. my question is is there something I need to program the transmitter to make all this work
If your setup can do LAND/FM1/FM2 you don't need to change anything in your TX. Practice in SETUP mode, it will show you when your actions trigger an animation.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
IF anybody has a good config file for a CT6A/B that they could PM or email me I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Dan
jinpa108@gmail.com
jinpa108 is offline Find More Posts by jinpa108