HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
The Netherlands, NB, Veldhoven
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcg View Post
Hi folks,

I'm just getting into RC and the ar.drone Miru Mod is my very first project. I am pumped to get this going, but the learning curve is a little daunting. Is there anyone on the forum who could give me a leg-up by providing me with a configuration for the CT6B that would work with this mod?

Thanks!
Just finished it with a CT6B. Check your PMs.
Muyz is offline Find More Posts by Muyz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Nov 2010
53 Posts
I'm a little short on time lately but would really like to fly my drone with my dx8. Does anyone sell a pre built drop in module? Built with the latest 0.13 firmware. Either leave me a message here or pm me.
Trammellc2001 is offline Find More Posts by Trammellc2001
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Apr 2005
28 Posts
This mod does work with version 1.7.11 firmware doesn't it?
aceisback is offline Find More Posts by aceisback
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:22 AM
Austria, Vienna
Joined Jan 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceisback View Post
This mod does work with version 1.7.11 firmware doesn't it?
The newest 0.13 Miru Mod supports 1.7.11. So live video stream and rc control is possible.
hover82 is offline Find More Posts by hover82
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Aug 2009
167 Posts
I received my arduino nano and already have it 1/2 wired up (rc test mode is complete). I will let you know if I am having the same issues I had with my arduino mini pro (or the wiring that was with it)

(I mainly did this so I can use a 3.3 volt GPS once you get that working and squared away, I keep thinking RTH is going to be a drone-saver with this thing. I wouldn't mind being one of your beta testers with gps(with some emergency failsafe when its running in a GPS flight mode))
afinegan is offline Find More Posts by afinegan
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
Norge, Vestfold, Horten
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Miru (and others):

After a computer crash, i lost count of which rev of mirumod my arduino runs, is it possible to read that out through hyperterminal?
TH_Trinity is offline Find More Posts by TH_Trinity
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_Trinity View Post
Miru (and others):

After a computer crash, i lost count of which rev of mirumod my arduino runs, is it possible to read that out through hyperterminal?
Go into SETUP mode, the first line will tell you.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
Fool for Christ's sake
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
I'm a noob to RC, so I hope this all makes sense...

I have all my parts (using the Arduino Nano and CT6B rx) I am about to start soldering, but I want to confirm something from the wiring diagrams that have been shared.

Each diagram shows the Thro, Aile, Elev, etc. channels on the receiver wired to D7 through D2 of the Arduino Nano. However, the CT6B rx has Channel 1 through Channel 6 rather than throttle, aileron, elevator, etc. I will be operating the tx in mode 2, so do I need to change around the wiring so that throttle goes to D7, aileron goes to D6, etc., or do I wire Channel 1 to D7, Channel 2 to D6, etc. and let the mode of the transmitter sort it all out? Or is there a section in the arduino sketch that I will need to edit so all this gets sorted out?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Brian.
brianmcg is offline Find More Posts by brianmcg
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcg View Post
I'm a noob to RC, so I hope this all makes sense...

I have all my parts (using the Arduino Nano and CT6B rx) I am about to start soldering, but I want to confirm something from the wiring diagrams that have been shared.

Each diagram shows the Thro, Aile, Elev, etc. channels on the receiver wired to D7 through D2 of the Arduino Nano. However, the CT6B rx has Channel 1 through Channel 6 rather than throttle, aileron, elevator, etc. I will be operating the tx in mode 2, so do I need to change around the wiring so that throttle goes to D7, aileron goes to D6, etc., or do I wire Channel 1 to D7, Channel 2 to D6, etc. and let the mode of the transmitter sort it all out? Or is there a section in the arduino sketch that I will need to edit so all this gets sorted out?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Brian.
Brian, I am sorry I don't have a RX like that. Unless somebody shares his hookup, you have to temporarily connect it to D7...D2 and check in SETUP mode who is who. The mod wants THRO on D7, AILE on D6, ELEV on D5, RUDD on D4, GEAR on D3 and AUX1 on D2. Start the mod in SETUP mode and hook up the channels one by one to find it's function and connect it to the right port.
Michael
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:24 PM
Fool for Christ's sake
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Thanks Michael,

That's the information I need. I'll post my results when I'm done in case others have the same questions.

Brian.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Apr 2005
28 Posts
Got my drone back from support after a warranty repair. I re-did the wiring on my Mirumod setup and now everything is working great. Only got to hover it indoors, but hope to get it outside in the next few days to really try it out.
aceisback is offline Find More Posts by aceisback
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
Fool for Christ's sake
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Hi folks!

Well, it's done and it flies great! I'm just waiting for some good weather now to go out and run down some battery packs!

I'm using the FlySky CT6B tx/rx with this mod and it required a little fiddling to get the wiring for the receiver channels right, so here is what I found:

CH3 -> D7 (Throttle)
CH1 -> D6 (Ailerons)
CH2 -> D5 (Elevator)
CH4 -> D4 (Rudder)
CH5 -> D3 (Gear)
CH6 -> D2 (Aux1)

I did the mod with the Arduino Nano v3.0 and I'm running the DRS013 version of the software. I found that I had to remove the 4.7K resistor from the RX0 receive line on the Nano in order to get the software to load to the drone. As I said, it flies real nice, but I'll have to remember to unplug from the drone when I'm uploading new versions of the SW.

This is a great mod! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to it!

Brian.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2001 View Post
I'm a little short on time lately but would really like to fly my drone with my dx8. Does anyone sell a pre built drop in module? Built with the latest 0.13 firmware. Either leave me a message here or pm me.
Trammell

My nephew builds a drop in modules with the latest 0.13 firmware and there for sale on ebay. You can get them with a Flysky Tx/Rx or set up for some Spectrum Tx with a new Spectrum Rx. I like the Flyski Tx/Rx because the Tx has the left stick modified to center itself like the right stick. This makes the AR Drone altitude control easier and the Flysky Tx/Rx is less expensive then a Spectrum receiver. My nephew is enjoying building these kits because of all the positive feedback he gets from people who use them. Miru's mod is really great and the new firmware makes it even better.

Larry
Aerhead is online now Find More Posts by Aerhead
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2001 View Post
Trammell

My nephew builds a drop in modules with the latest 0.13 firmware and there for sale on ebay. You can get them with a Flysky Tx/Rx or set up for some Spectrum Tx with a new Spectrum Rx. I like the Flyski Tx/Rx because the Tx has the left stick modified to center itself like the right stick. This makes the AR Drone altitude control easier and the Flysky Tx/Rx is less expensive then a Spectrum receiver. My nephew is enjoying building these kits because of all the positive feedback he gets from people who use them. Miru's mod is really great and the new firmware makes it even better.

Larry
Aerhead is online now Find More Posts by Aerhead
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
France, PCh, Poitiers
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
Info for Failsafe function

Hello everyone! I just finished my Mod. These are the results I had on HyperTerminal knowing that I soldered the wire output Led Rx.
Arduino Sketch_______________ HyperTerminal Display

# define FSAF_ENA -1_______Keep green-frozen on the last values ​​received when cut Tx
# define FSAF_ENA 0_______In red unfrozen if Tx on and solid green when cut Tx
# define FSAF_ENA 1_______Pass to red frozen on the last values ​​received when cut Tx

I'll check when the Mod will be connected to the drone to see what's going on but I think in my case must be set to 1. I hope it will land.
What do you think? It's good or not?
Fioulmaster is offline Find More Posts by Fioulmaster
Last edited by Fioulmaster; Feb 18, 2012 at 03:30 PM.