HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mikeythev, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:25 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
Idea
Knight Fighter

The club students wanted a fighter plane after returning from the annual mecca to Lebanon. So, I dug around my basement and dusted off an old plane. I put some new electronics on it, added a KF style airfoil to it and an over-powered brushless motor.

And, teaching the mechanical drawing courses this year provided an excellent opportunity to learn the Autodesk Inventor software for a reason. I drew the plane exactly, including slots for the servos, battery, and receiver . It's had many changes and it's a blast to fly.

I recently cut templates for it, now that our laser is operational. It takes about two hours to finish one plane.

The photo is a screenshot from the software. I built two planes so far, but I don't have photos of them. The students want to combat them at our next funfly. I will post plans at some point soon.
mikeythev is offline Find More Posts by mikeythev
to remove ads between posts