HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:03 AM
mj_
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Discussion
Passive Sonar and Signal Processing

Does anyone know if there is anyone out there that has attempted to build their own passive sonar and do any signal processing on the audio? In order to do signal identification/tracking.

mj
mj_ is offline Find More Posts by mj_
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2011, 03:56 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,333 Posts
I've got a passive, low tech hydrophone on the rubberband nautilus thread. Would analog recording work for signal processing, or would you need digital recording?
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:37 PM
mj_
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Target Tracking

I have a microcontroller on order the runs the Micro .NET framework on it. You can program it in C# and I wanted to build a target identification and tracking system. I need to brush up on my signal analysis though.

To answer your question about analog/digital, it could be either one but I would make it digital anyway.

I was curious if anyone has attempted to do Fourier transforms, Blind Source Separation, etc., on model boat audio.

mj
mj_ is offline Find More Posts by mj_
Old Apr 09, 2011, 05:17 AM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,333 Posts
Sounds neat, hope you post the equations/programs. Did some Fourier transforms in college, but nothing since :-)
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks