SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Build Log
Starmax 63" P-51 "Gunfighter"

This is my build of the Starmax 63" P-51D "GUNFIGHTER"!

This is my Walk Around vid of the "GUNFIGHTER"!
It also shows how I configured the 1-piece wing so I can remove it quickly and easily for transport.

Starmax P-51_Walk Around (6 min 41 sec)

UP-DATE 7/08/2011: Starmax Parts Listing:

After conversing with Taft Chen / Vice-President StarMax Technology Industry Limited, I am pleased to present a listing of Replacement parts for the 63" P-51, along with the associated parts numbers.

These listings are posted under the Dago Red version, but Mr. Chen instructed that when ordering, instruct to which version eg: Gunfighter / BBD/ Shangri La / Dago Red you are wanting.

You will need to contact him regarding pricing, and all orders are paid thru Paypal and will be shipped EMS. Also, Mr. Chen noted "sometime factory is busy, so delivery time will be long if there is busy for production other planes"

You can contact Taft Chen at: info@hawkwere.com
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Jul 08, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:57 PM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video. I love the multi plex connector. I'm assuming you soldered each servo wire to the plug terminal? I'm at the point of figuring out how to assemble and disassemble the model best after transport within my abilities.

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:28 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmlm View Post
Thanks for sharing the video. I love the multi plex connector. I'm assuming you soldered each servo wire to the plug terminal? I'm at the point of figuring out how to assemble and disassemble the model best after transport within my abilities.

Regards
Mike
Yes, each servo & light lead is soldered to a specific terminal on the headers. I tin both the terminal and the wire first, that way I don't have to get the terminals to hot to get the solder to flow. It is time consuming, but well worth the effort when it comes time to disconnect the wings. I posted some pics on my initial one on the "P-51D: The Nerve System! Electronics!" page. Just make sure you write down a diagram 'cuz it gets confusing when you get ready to do the opposite side.

After that first one, all the following ones, P-47, B-25 Corsair etc, seem to get easier to do. A tip: I apply just a drop of medium CA on the back side of each terminal so they won't work loose and slide out the back side. That, and heat shrink keeps them in place. It's just a precaution, as I have yet to have that happen.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:34 PM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Connector

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up and the link. It's a great idea.

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm