brathanke..PM sent. Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
I dont know I have heard people running the os gt33 on an eight ounce getting 6 minutes so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Yes I have the PTE. I am guessing it would be a little more thirsty than the OS based on it's higher displacement.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:00 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
798 Posts
I'm using a fiji water bottle which is right around 16oz. I have been doing 10 minute flights and I don't think I have gone through half a tank yet. Now I am running a 18x8 break in prop so I'll see how it goes when I step up to a Vess 19B.

There is a smaller fiji tank that is around 12oz that could be a compromise.

Since my Velox met her demise I might use this in the 71 to save weight.
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
I'm using a fiji water bottle which is right around 16oz. I have been doing 10 minute flights and I don't think I have gone through half a tank yet. Now I am running a 18x8 break in prop so I'll see how it goes when I step up to a Vess 19B.

There is a smaller fiji tank that is around 12oz that could be a compromise.

Since my Velox met her demise I might use this in the 71 to save weight.
The 330ml Fiji bottle is equal to 11.158oz.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
798 Posts
That is the one I had in the Velox. On the Mintor 22 it was in excess of 25 minutes of flight time.
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:04 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
the 500 ml bottle is 16.9 oz. I was using it at first but didn't like the extra weight. I flew 15 min flights with half a tank left on that tank.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:15 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Throttle Radio setup question

Setting up the throttle end points on my DX7. When setting up the throttle end points do you set the low point to 0 and the high end (full throttle) to whatever % that will drive the throttle arm to the mechanical end-stop? First time setting up the throttle in my radio for a gasser. Thanks!
Last edited by RC_Feen; Oct 05, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:38 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
RC_Feen here is my opinion on your question.

Yes you want both ends to be set where they are effective at capturing the entire relevant range of throttle for your engine. I like to leave some room for trimming the throttle on the low end so keep that in mind. High end should be at the max mechanical throw possible without binding the servo.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:08 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Yes you want both ends to be set where they are effective at capturing the entire relevant range of throttle for your engine. I like to leave some room for trimming the throttle on the low end so keep that in mind. High end should be at the max mechanical throw possible without binding the servo.
Yes...I want to be able to use the throttle trim to kill the motor if I need to even though I have a Sparks switch to kill the engine from the gear channel. On my DX7 right now I have my "travel adjust" for the throttle at H=111% L=5%. One thing I noticed that when I move the throttle...the throttle servo/linkage is not linear to the Rx throttle input. It's like at 50% on the Rx the throttle linkage for the engine barely moves at all. Does this seem right? My goal is to get this baby fire up before Sunday...Thanks all!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:40 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
I am no expert on throttle linkage but it sounds like you might need to work on the geometry of your linkage a little. I hope someone else will chime in soon but my concern is that the engine power is also non-linear even if your input was. The low end gives a lot less power than the top end. If you are having hardly any throttle movement in the first 50% of the travel then you could be compounding the issue. You might end up flying with only the top half of your stick and it will be super sensitive.

Someone let me know if I am off-base with my analysis. Part of the reason I'm responding to this is just to learn it better myself so please speak up
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:02 AM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
I found this this last year after struggling with my setup, it has a good diagram on the proper way to set up your throttle linkage for gas engines. Hope it helps! DG
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
SEF 94 and oil ratio

For those of you running the OS GT33, what ratio should you use for the break-in period? I read in the manual but don't understand which ratio for break-in and which ratio for normal operation! Also has anyone used SEF 94 fuel or the SEF 94 50:1 pre-mix? Thanks!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Plus one on that Greg. for a gasser this is really needed
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:09 AM
fly low be happy
United States, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
My understanding of the manual is to use 25:1 for break in
and to use 30:1 for normal flight,
it is confusing when you read the manual and it says"Use a 25:1 fuel/oil mixture if the particular brand of oil states 50:1 mix set only the high speed needle 100-200 below max rpm.."
I am assuming that they mean use 25:1 for break in. and to double up your 50:1 premix to obtain a 25:1. And to set your high speed need on the fat side. But the key phrase was" use 25:1" so far 30 minutes in the air and no problems.
lb.man is offline Find More Posts by lb.man
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:21 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb.man View Post
My understanding of the manual is to use 25:1 for break in
and to use 30:1 for normal flight,
it is confusing when you read the manual and it says"Use a 25:1 fuel/oil mixture if the particular brand of oil states 50:1 mix set only the high speed needle 100-200 below max rpm.."
I am assuming that they mean use 25:1 for break in. and to double up your 50:1 premix to obtain a 25:1. And to set your high speed need on the fat side. But the key phrase was" use 25:1" so far 30 minutes in the air and no problems.
Thanks! I read and re-read the manual and it was just unclear to me.