HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 09:15 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
I'm not sure. I think my buddy just used the stopper that came with the stock tank. I'll ask him to make sure but I don't know anything about the Earns Super Stopper kit.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
193 Posts
Finished converting my electric 71 to gas tonight. Picking up my motor this week. Should have it running by the first hopefully.
Army flyer is offline Find More Posts by Army flyer
Old May 06, 2012, 03:27 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
now what motor are you using.
BTW flyracer what prop are you using for the OS
I hear they have an 8mm prop shaft and most large props have a 10 mm hole.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 07, 2012, 11:16 AM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
I am using the JXF brand 18x8 and 18x10 prop from value hobby.com. I didn't have to ream the main shaft hole.

Flyracer
flyracer is online now Find More Posts by flyracer
Old May 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
Watch those black fuel stoppers! If there are not rated for gasoline they will fail

Flyracer
Old May 09, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
i went flying today and wow that plane flys amazing its so light and floats around great. only problem is that on my 5th flight my elevator became unglued and made it dive down quick but i trimmed it out to get it flying straight enough to land. wasnt till i landed i seen the problem but all of them except for 2 on the left came apart so i dont know how to get those out without breaking something? any suggestions? other than that the plane is insane in a good way
VENOMiTry is offline Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
Old May 09, 2012, 05:49 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
Venom
are you saying the robart hinges came out on the elevator/horizontal stabs? The pins broke?

Flyracer
Old May 09, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyracer View Post
Venom
are you saying the robart hinges came out on the elevator/horizontal stabs? The pins broke?

Flyracer
the pins are fine its just the glue didnt hold the hinges and i glued my joiner stick in with epoxy so thats held on really tight so even if i got the hinges out the stick is still holding the 2 halfs together
Old May 09, 2012, 06:17 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
Can't you just glue the robart ends back into the elevator or horizontal stabs? Also, it's a good idea to seal your hinge line with dubro/blendaderm tape.... the tape seal air blow by and offers some help if hinges come loose.
Old May 09, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyracer View Post
Can't you just glue the robart ends back into the elevator or horizontal stabs? Also, it's a good idea to seal your hinge line with dubro/blendaderm tape.... the tape seal air blow by and offers some help if hinges come loose.
i could glue the 3 on the right half that need it but i got 1 on the left half that needs glue but it would be hard to get glue in the hole without getting it on the pin so i kinda need to get both halfs apart and i dont know how to get the 2 that are glued apart without braking something inside the horizontal stab
Old May 09, 2012, 08:40 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
put alittle petroleum jelly on the pin area... the glue won't stick to the jelly. So if you get alittle glue squeezing out, you can wipe it away with out gluing the pin and joint.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:11 AM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
i could glue the 3 on the right half that need it but i got 1 on the left half that needs glue but it would be hard to get glue in the hole without getting it on the pin so i kinda need to get both halfs apart and i dont know how to get the 2 that are glued apart without braking something inside the horizontal stab
Try putting some oil or petroleum jelly on the hinge itself and get a syringe and try injecting some glue in. Otherwise, use a dremel cut-off blade to cut the two good hinges off, then you can drill new holes beside them and glue in new hinges. A lot of 3dhs guys use gorilla glue, but I still like to use epoxy. Good luck, and nice save on getting the Slick back down safely! DG
gregory.da is online now Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old May 10, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Try putting some oil or petroleum jelly on the hinge itself and get a syringe and try injecting some glue in. Otherwise, use a dremel cut-off blade to cut the two good hinges off, then you can drill new holes beside them and glue in new hinges. A lot of 3dhs guys use gorilla glue, but I still like to use epoxy. Good luck, and nice save on getting the Slick back down safely! DG
yea i got it fixed by just injecting some glue in the hole and used petroleum jelly so no glue got in the hinge but so far it seems like its holding but wont know for sure till i fly saturday.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
good luck!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,136 Posts
Venom
Go back through and tape the hinge line with blendadern. Put the control surface in full deflection and hold it there while you apply the tape to seal the hinge line.

Flyracer