HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:44 AM
New Westminster, B.C., Canada
Joined Apr 2010
76 Posts
Question
Is Nitro RCX 1/8 Madworrior (Nitro truggy) good truck?

Hi!

Is Nitro RCX 1/8 Madworrior (nitro truggy) good truck? Here is the link. http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scexrcma21e.html

I want off-road bashing with it, but I am not so sure about reliability and durability. My concern is not the speed but "reliability."

Is it durable and tough enough for bashing? If anyone has this truck, please give me some advice! Thank you very much for your attention!

Regards,

James
James K.G. is offline Find More Posts by James K.G.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2011, 06:39 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
well the car itself looks ok but most parts would be interchangable with some other truggies with some modification, and yes it is a truggy, the only concern i have, is one, the motor isnt branded at all which makes me think parts will be very hard to come by, so you may want to be prepared to buy a new engine soon.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:02 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
i do agree with rangamatchstic. You would most likey need to buy a new engine if the stock one take a dump. but depending on what you are looking for i would suggest looking at name brond trucks. Since they have parts that are easy to find then those after market ones.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:07 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,379 Posts
I seem to find more people have trouble with that brand on the boards I read then luck. You can't go wrong with HPI,Traxxas,Tamiya,Losi Associated,Kyosho The only "off-brand" I have ever owned was CEN. I use the term off-brand for CEN very loosely. I had very good luck with my CEN trucks. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have run the above brands with great luck as well.
Exceed may go the way of CEN and turn into a better brand. Time will tell. I know they are cheap and when your starting out money is a big concern. I think that the cheap stuff will cost more in the long run. If you have to buy a different engine right away to make it run why buy it in the first place.

You need a brand with parts support you will break any brand but getting parts and getting back on the road is key.
mredzadventure is online now Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:34 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
ok fair enough i was going of that because it looked alot like my first truggy, which was a clone of a hpi hellfire and parts were completely transferable, but a name brand would be better.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic