HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,263 Posts
Help!
Creating a database of RC soaring sites around the world -- slope and thermal

Hello. I'm working to compile a database of soaring flying sites worldwide. Not just aerotow, but soaring sites. Specifically the location information of your club's field or slope and the e-mail contact of the proper person. Connecting folks to someone local is the key ingredient to our effort, so that's why I need help and why I'm not just randomly posting soaring sites via Google searches, etc.

The e-mail contact information will remain absolutely private, but the rest will be logged on an interactive map so folks can see the clubs in their home area or where they are travelling on work/pleasure and be able to send a message to that contact person. We've already reunited a few folks who lost touch over the years and have had more than a few people checking out a new clubs over the past two weeks flying DLGs, TD and scale.

The input information is really quick and simple. Just basic information and an address, plus drag a pin and zoom in right on on top of your field on the Google map located here: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/rcaeroto...aps.php?type=f Choose the neon green section at the top right of the map -- Submit NEW Flying Site.

I'll receive all the information in a file, check through and then publish it to the site. Again, while it's a scale and aerotow website, folks are adding slope and thermal soaring sites. We all tend to fly more than one type or task and I think most everyone is in favor of making connections.

I really appreciate any help. We're working hard to connect folks and get more people flying sailplanes. Again, don't be put off by the fact that the site is scale and aerotowing. If you have any questions, please send me a PM here.

Thanks!
Steve
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Last edited by SPasierb; Apr 15, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:13 AM
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,263 Posts
Thanks to those who have helped. I'm also renewing the request for others to please submit their club's flying site and contact person. As above, need thermal duration and slope soaring sites -- NOT limited to aerotow.

http://www.rcaerotowing.com/rcaeroto...aps.php?type=f

Thanks!
Steve
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:53 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,124 Posts
Great stuff i'll register and add ours!
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,263 Posts
SHoGinn -- THANKS. It just published to the site.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:51 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,263 Posts
Just bumping this back up in the hope that others will join in. Please see Post #1 in the thread. And, thank you!