Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:09 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Help!
Phoenix Sim / Idle up

Hi Fellas,

I'm not new to flying helis, or planks, or sims. However, I've been banging my head against the wall to get the Idle-up switch to work.

I'm on the latest version of Phoenix, using a DX6i TX. Right stick works perfectly. Left stick works perfect in normal mode. I do have stunt mode programmed in the TX. My problem comes in when I flip to Idle up (with any heli). The motor spins up fine, but I have no collective authority. The heli keeps climbing no matter where the throttle stick is.

I can go into the profile and edit idle up and make it work using one of the keys on the keyboard. But I prefer using the switch on the TX. I know it's gotta be something simple I'm overlooking.

Any help is certainly appreciated..
Thanks,
Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Last edited by choppersrule; Apr 05, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:41 PM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
I was wonering the same thing. Until you figure it out you can use the "3" button on the keyboard to switch to idle up. You can also use the "1" for throttle hold.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monkey View Post
I was wonering the same thing. Until you figure it out you can use the "3" button on the keyboard to switch to idle up. You can also use the "1" for throttle hold.
Thanks for the tips..

This is just something that bugs me, I gotta get it figured out. Lol!
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
65 Posts
Go into the transmitter set up in the sim and make sure collective is set to channel 6. I think it is set to channel 1 by default. If it is channel 1 the collective pitch just matched the throttle curve, which matches the problem you are describing.
slowone096 is offline Find More Posts by slowone096
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:39 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowone096 View Post
Go into the transmitter set up in the sim and make sure collective is set to channel 6. I think it is set to channel 1 by default. If it is channel 1 the collective pitch just matched the throttle curve, which matches the problem you are describing.
Slowone,

Yahooo!

That fixed my problem. Now Idle-up works perfectly, with the idle-up switch on the TX. And you were right, collective is set to channel 1 by default.

Thanks alot, I appreciate it....

Dave
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:16 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
144 Posts
I have just purchased X-Plane 9 and it works great with my Macbook and a 15 year old joystick. I'd like to get a controller to use with it. I see Horizon Hobby has one for $30 and wonder if anyone has any experience with it, or any other kind.

Thanks, Charlie
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:29 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinfl View Post
I have just purchased X-Plane 9 and it works great with my Macbook and a 15 year old joystick. I'd like to get a controller to use with it. I see Horizon Hobby has one for $30 and wonder if anyone has any experience with it, or any other kind.

Thanks, Charlie

Charlie,
You may want to try some of the X-Plane forums, I think you'd get better results.
Check it out..
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&n...b1cd05180a8c22
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:39 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
144 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll do that now.

charlie
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl